GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,345
2 members and 2,343 guests
MSKKG

Old 11-12-2014, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

From LSU to Arkansas.. Well hopefully..

Being raised as a tiger, I always knew that's where I wanted to go. There was no question or speck of doubt that I wanted to attend Louisiana State University. This past semester, I was suppose to start my freshman year at LSU however that did not happen due to residency issues. I was literally heartbroken but eventually fought for residency and won. I then decided to defer a semester until all hell broke loose the other day. First what you need to know is that I have military benefits since my dad is serving currently in the Coast Guard. So because of this, I have to go through the VA to make sure that everything I'm getting (BAH/tuition/book money) is all taken care of. Well the other day I get an email saying that the woman (come to find out she is the only person who IS the VA at this freaking huge university) forgot to terminate my military enrollment for this semester at LSU. This caused me to be in 3k of debt. Then on top of all of that, I got a little email from admissions saying that they LOST MY APPLICATION. SERIOUSLY WHO LOSES AN APPLICATION THAT WAS ACTIVE?! Well if you can't tell, I was highly pissed. This university has screwed me over not 1, not 2, but 3 TIMES. SO the other day I was thinking that I should start the reapplication process again since they lost my application but then I thought.. why should I continue to pursue this when I know exactly how the administration handles things? From this point, I completely pushed LSU out of my head. I started researching schools based on my major, not on "the school I was raised on" and I stumbled across the University of Arkansas. I instantly fell in love with both the school, the traditions, and specifically their geoscience program. So this past week I decided to apply and am currently waiting to get a response back. In the meantime, I have been researching the panhellenic chapters of the school and talking to a few girlfriends who went through recruitment (but dropped because of personal reasons). I have decided that if accepted I would like to go through recruitment but can not find any information on the dues at this university (since I'm paying for it all myself, I would like to at least know the average cost so that I can continue to save like I have been doing.) So do any of you have any information on the dues at the University of Arkansas?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-12-2014, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl14 View Post
Being raised as a tiger, I always knew that's where I wanted to go. There was no question or speck of doubt that I wanted to attend Louisiana State University. This past semester, I was suppose to start my freshman year at LSU however that did not happen due to residency issues. I was literally heartbroken but eventually fought for residency and won. I then decided to defer a semester until all hell broke loose the other day. First what you need to know is that I have military benefits since my dad is serving currently in the Coast Guard. So because of this, I have to go through the VA to make sure that everything I'm getting (BAH/tuition/book money) is all taken care of. Well the other day I get an email saying that the woman (come to find out she is the only person who IS the VA at this freaking huge university) forgot to terminate my military enrollment for this semester at LSU. This caused me to be in 3k of debt. Then on top of all of that, I got a little email from admissions saying that they LOST MY APPLICATION. SERIOUSLY WHO LOSES AN APPLICATION THAT WAS ACTIVE?! Well if you can't tell, I was highly pissed. This university has screwed me over not 1, not 2, but 3 TIMES. SO the other day I was thinking that I should start the reapplication process again since they lost my application but then I thought.. why should I continue to pursue this when I know exactly how the administration handles things? From this point, I completely pushed LSU out of my head. I started researching schools based on my major, not on "the school I was raised on" and I stumbled across the University of Arkansas. I instantly fell in love with both the school, the traditions, and specifically their geoscience program. So this past week I decided to apply and am currently waiting to get a response back. In the meantime, I have been researching the panhellenic chapters of the school and talking to a few girlfriends who went through recruitment (but dropped because of personal reasons). I have decided that if accepted I would like to go through recruitment but can not find any information on the dues at this university (since I'm paying for it all myself, I would like to at least know the average cost so that I can continue to save like I have been doing.) So do any of you have any information on the dues at the University of Arkansas?
To summarize: What are the sorority dues at the University of Arkansas?

@~/~~~~
Old 11-12-2014, 03:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Not relevant to the question, but I would fight for that 3 k of debt. If they lost yr application how did they even know you were enrolled? Anyway, I would fight for that money and not just accept the debt. Good luck
Old 11-12-2014, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
To summarize: What are the sorority dues at the University of Arkansas?
Old 11-12-2014, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl14 View Post
So do any of you have any information on the dues at the University of Arkansas?
Tigergirl, How appropriate as LSU visits the Hill this Saturday <WPS!>

I would start here: http://uagreeks.uark.edu/3223.php
Old 11-12-2014, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKTTKA View Post
Tigergirl, How appropriate as LSU visits the Hill this Saturday <WPS!>

I would start here: http://uagreeks.uark.edu/3223.php

Excellent information ^^ !
http://uagreeks.uark.edu/3223.php
It looks like all the sororities have posted info on “annual costs.” Go to the page ARKTTKA mentioned above ^^ and click through the sororities one by one, by name. That should give you a rough idea of co$t$. One sorority says the numbers may be subject to change, so double-check over time. You may want to contact Arkansas’ greek life office to get info, too.
Here are three examples, chosen from different portions of the alphabet. I have deliberately not mentioned the sororities’ names. You can find that out (if you care) by doing your own search.

A Sorority:
Annual Costs
In-House total: $8,177
Out of House cost: $2,194
New member total: $3,116
////////////////////////////////////

Another sorority:
Annual Costs
In House Total: $6,500
Out of House Total: $1,500
New Member Total: $2,100
////////////////////////////////////