GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,555
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annetausasdy968
» Online Users: 2,519
2 members and 2,517 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 02-02-2005, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
i am so not a fan of looking for a new job. uughhh
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
YAY!!! Another new sister!

Welcome to our newest GC sister ~ GeorgiaGirl !!

Last edited by canadajen; 02-06-2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I am taking a break from packing for TLC. I have a headache the size of Texas. I hope it doesn't last 3 days like they usually do or else TLC will be a major bummer

How totally exciting to have an AGD in a Rush forum thread! Let's hear it for the Brees and GeorgiaGirl. She gets to live in the wedding cake house!

I feel like I missed a lot by going to a school that didn't have houses. I'm glad the NPC groups at my alma mater are slowly acquiring housing now.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Dee
Old 02-03-2005, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I lived in that awesome house. It is so beautiful to me!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I lived there 1 summer.... me and 7 GA's and the house mother.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm officially jealous of Marie and Lynn now too.

I agree with your comment in her rush thread, Lynn, about AGDs being the Susan's. That's how I see us too! I know *I* am not a Bree anyway..LOL. Far from it.

The headache is gone, phew! I need to finish packing and hit the road to spend an awesome weekend with so many sisters! I get to present a great workshop too! The weather looks like it's going to cooperate and I won't have any issues with flying.

Dee
Old 02-04-2005, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

What I remember most is late night visits to Dunkin Donuts. That's where I got addicted to creme filled ones, lol, but after that summer, I rarely went b/c there wasn't one in nearby, lol.

I did get a little reacquainted with one of the girls from that summer..she lives in Douglasville. Another is/was married to the Ga. Ag. Commish's son.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up A Mardi Gras Update From Our Fearless Leader

Just got off the phone with Miss Sandy. Here's the main rundown:

--she's eaten her body weight in gumbo, red beans and rice and crawfish
--she was hit in the head with a cup from one of the parades
--she went to Howl at the Moon and Pat O'Brien's in our honor
--and she extended her stay through February 15th!

I'm officially jealous.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

What I remember of the wedding cake house is living there 3 fun-filled years. Being disappointed after I graduated and married because there was only 1 person to play with everyday & night instead of 80 or so...
late night trips to DQ for peanut butter parfaits ... ,living in the old section,the new section..., practicing the piano in the Music Room..., after dates in the Gentleman's parlor..., our beautiful staircase with the scrolled brass polished for recruitment..., the lead glass windows and the stained glass windows..., Watching Y&R after lunch with 25+ sisters in the TV room..., Spring formal in the gardens in the back yard with the band in the chapter room... my three candlelights..., my meals fixed every morning, noon and night during the week..., answering the Hall phone as a new member...,peeking around the staircase at my sisters dates (blind or otherwise)...,finding a derby...,meeting my husband..., sisters who I still get excited to see after many years..., nearing the for porte-co-chere to step onto the huge front porch for song practice...,the songs I still remember ,sing and share with my daughter.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by agd4rie
What I remember of the wedding cake house is living there 3 fun-filled years. Being disappointed after I graduated and married because there was only 1 person to play with everyday & night instead of 80 or so...
late night trips to DQ for peanut butter parfaits ... ,living in the old section,the new section..., practicing the piano in the Music Room..., after dates in the Gentleman's parlor..., our beautiful staircase with the scrolled brass polished for recruitment..., the lead glass windows and the stained glass windows..., Watching Y&R after lunch with 25+ sisters in the TV room..., Spring formal in the gardens in the back yard with the band in the chapter room... my three candlelights..., my meals fixed every morning, noon and night during the week..., answering the Hall phone as a new member...,peeking around the staircase at my sisters dates (blind or otherwise)...,finding a derby...,meeting my husband..., sisters who I still get excited to see after many years..., nearing the for porte-co-chere to step onto the huge front porch for song practice...,the songs I still remember ,sing and share with my daughter.

and this is what makes me sad that we couldn't have houses at my school...
Old 02-08-2005, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Oh, for Heaven's sake!

My boyfriend, who is in medical sales, had a conference call yesterday in which he found out that his position is being eliminated. If they aren't able to put him in a new position (and this affects about 200 people, so there's a decent chance that they won't be able to accomodate everyone), this will be the third time he'll be laid off in 3.5 years. We are in complete shock, especially because his company has only had one other layoff in its entire 150-year history. Plus, we've been planning to get engaged very soon, and this completely screws up that idea. He's now considering giving up on sales completely since it's so unstable, but he has no idea what else he wants to do, and everything he has come up with so far requires him to go back to school. This is so completely frustrating...I thought the economy was supposedly getting better? Guess not!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Bummer!! I know how your bf feels! I was in Houston for 4 years and worked temp 1/2 that time because the economy kept going down hill.

My hubby's co is considering another round of layoffs, don't think it will affect him personally...we hope, lol.

Even if he survives this round, the bf may want to start considering non-sales. I didn't like to sell Girl Scout cookies, lol.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I noticed that The Rose Garden link has been removed from the AGD website...perhaps it is undergoing maintenance, lol.

But..I was curious...when I clicked on the RC Sportswear site for the other GLOs, they have more stuff than us Some of them are really cute! Some of the stuff can be bought at the local Greek store but it's a major hassle to get to.

Seems like they'd have almost the same stock in different versions
Old 02-08-2005, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Lynn, those observations of yours are due to my post in the TLC thread about licensing our marks. The Rose Garden hasn't had a wide variety of merchandise and hasn't been providing us with what we want. The other groups have so much more available because of the licensing of vendors. This will all change. Connie will be signing the paperwork very soon! You will hear more about it at the conclusion of TLC.

Dee
Old 02-09-2005, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Ahhh!

Taking a short study break from my first big psychology test.....yuck.

I'm looking for a new horse to buy, also. I had to sell mine when I came down to Carrollton, but it now looks like I will have a place to keep one for cheap....yay! So now I'm on the hunt for a good cheap one that I can ride around and jump on.

And the studying continues....