GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 299,906
Threads: 114,200
Posts: 2,151,415
Welcome to our newest member, gjessica943
View Poll Results: Chances of rerushing
no chance 16 51.61%
small chance 3 9.68%
only you can shape your life 12 38.71%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 PM
gmIII gmIII is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Yeah.... we kinda must.

Sorry, champ.

You must have missed courtesy 101 and took dick 303?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
gmIII gmIII is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle View Post
GC, excuse my IFC lane swerve and ignorance, but are Phi Kappa Tau and PKE the same fraternity?
Way to go out of your way to correct a simple mistake. E is 2 letters from T. I lined my fingers up on F & J and pressed E, not the end of the world!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 PM
gmIII gmIII is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
I think you should be talking to the "best friends" who blackballed you instead of random strangers on the intarwebz.

I have nobody seems to get the big deal, the other people cut still hang out with them. I just find it a big deal because it wasn't about staying friends with them it was about the organization.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
dreamseeker dreamseeker is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Taking flight
Posts: 2,601
Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmIII View Post
You must have missed courtesy 101 and took dick 303?
*snicker*
__________________
"where my knights at!? why aren't ya'll representin??" - KASS
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
chickenoodle chickenoodle is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmIII View Post
Way to go out of your way to correct a simple mistake. E is 2 letters from T. I lined my fingers up on F & J and pressed E, not the end of the world!
Hey jackass, I was asking a question, not attacking you. Re-read my post.

And learn to type.
__________________
ΔΣΠ

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:48 PM
KSUViolet06 KSUViolet06 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 17,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
No wonder they dropped you.
Seriously. If that is your "real life" attitude, I kind of get why they dropped you.

__________________
"Remember that apathy has no place in our Sorority." - Kelly Jo Karnes, Pi

Lakers Nation.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
gmIII gmIII is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
I am sorry if you think I have the problem but I just answered how I am spoken to. I haven't seen a single person say anything constructive. It is just type type type let me pick every single fault you might have out.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
KSUViolet06 KSUViolet06 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 17,825
But really, you say it wasn't about making friends, it was about the fraternity.

I mean, if that showed in your actions, I can imagine that's why you were dropped.

This is me being constructive.
__________________
"Remember that apathy has no place in our Sorority." - Kelly Jo Karnes, Pi

Lakers Nation.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 PM
gmIII gmIII is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
I have a legit serious question now, Delta Sigma Pi is coed? Is it a real fraternity or are you a girl? I am asking because I am in a co ed service fraternity on campus but it isn't recognised as more than a service organization on campus because it is coed.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
gmIII gmIII is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
But really, you say it wasn't about making friends, it was about the fraternity.

I mean, if that showed in your actions, I can imagine that's why you were dropped.

This is me being constructive.

I said I wasn't there to make friends because I was already friends with these guys before and that is why before even I pledged senior year they started calling me up to make sure I was coming to join and took me out as soon as I turned 18. It doesn't seem to be getting in their heads either because they are saying we can still hang out and live together you just aren't in the fraternity. The purpose of joining wasn't for the friendship I already had but to be part of Greek life and everything.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
chickenoodle chickenoodle is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmIII View Post
I have a legit serious question now, Delta Sigma Pi is coed? Is it a real fraternity or are you a girl? I am asking because I am in a co ed service fraternity on campus but it isn't recognised as more than a service organization on campus because it is coed.
Delta Sigma Pi is a professional, co-ed fraternity. It was founded as an all male fraternity and became co-ed in 1975. It is a "real fraternity" and I am a girl. Deltasig is not a part of the IFC, but the Professional Fraternity Association.

You can check out our website (or message me) if you are interested in learning more.
__________________
ΔΣΠ

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928

Last edited by chickenoodle; 05-05-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: fixed my link
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
KSUViolet06 KSUViolet06 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 17,825
I feel like there is a piece to the story we're not getting.

I find it hard to believe that some officers/a bunch of guys woke up one day and were like "we gotta cut some pledges. I know! Lets cut the dude we hang out with everyday!" for no reason at all.
__________________
"Remember that apathy has no place in our Sorority." - Kelly Jo Karnes, Pi

Lakers Nation.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:54 PM
AOEforme AOEforme is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: With Germs and a Lack of Sleep
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I feel like there is a piece to the story we're not getting.

I find it hard to believe that some officers/a bunch of guys woke up one day and were like "we gotta cut some pledges. I know! Lets cut the dude we hang out with everyday!" for no reason at all.
THIS. Especially so close to the end. There was likely (99.95% sure) something on his behalf that caused this termination. Blackballing isn't done lightly, especially with friends.
__________________
My Heart will always be with Alpha Omega E.

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Senusret I Senusret I is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 12,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmIII View Post
You must have missed courtesy 101 and took dick 303?
Never a receiver, sweetie, but I do teach it at all levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker View Post
*snicker*
Shut up, you. lol
__________________
I am proud that my last post on this site was telling Kevin to suck my dick.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
KSUViolet06 KSUViolet06 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 17,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Never a receiver, sweetie, but I do teach it at all levels.
I am done. You need to get in the corner. Now.
__________________
"Remember that apathy has no place in our Sorority." - Kelly Jo Karnes, Pi

Lakers Nation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ole Miss Rush rush story Jhawkalum Recruitment Stories 49 05-22-2007 03:20 PM
Yale A Capella Rush - LIke Greek Rush w/o the Binge Drinking? PenguinTrax Greek Life 16 07-18-2006 06:31 PM
West Coast Rush VS. Southern Rush Shark_in_Skirt Recruitment 19 09-03-2002 12:03 AM
Rush Congresses, Rush Workshops, and Province Education conferences The1calledTKE Tau Kappa Epsilon 0 07-23-2002 02:01 PM
Fraternity Rush or Sorority Rush? Kevin Recruitment 6 05-27-2002 09:55 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.