GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,464
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, zmaondarko7769
» Online Users: 2,366
3 members and 2,363 guests
FSUZeta, MSKKG, Xidelt

Old 08-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

fl girl, if you can make some more connections and secure some more recs. that would be helpful.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
fl girl, if you can make some more connections and secure some more recs. that would be helpful.
Well how do I get more recs, the only one I have is from my cousin.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

FL Girl,
Ask your parents (who you may be surprised to learn have old college friends who were Greek), ask people in your community (neighbors, fellow church goers, your former teachers, etc) and even ask your friends (their parents may have been Greek and more than willing to write a letter of rec). Most likely, there is someone you never thought would be Greek but is and it could be someone you've known for years who can write an outstanding letter for you.
Good luck and keep GC posted!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:56 PM

I posted this in another thread about recs and I thought it might be helpful if I posted it again here:

Girls, understand that getting recommendations can be difficult, especially if you don't live in an area with lots of greek women or you don't have many greeks in your family.

It just takes persistence. You have to exhaust all of your available resources & contacts. Think of EVERY place you go regularly where there are women who know you well. Any of them could be a sorority alumna.

Some of these places include:

*school (teachers, counselors, coaches)
*church or other place of worship ( sorority women might attend your church service or lead your bible study)
*camps you attend(ed) (your camp counselors might be sorority women)
*work (co-workers or their family members might be greek)
*your parents (their co-workers or friends)

Good luck!

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
While UNF maybe competitive, I don't view it as a super competitive environment when compared to FSU and UF or even UCF. I don't know when you attended UNF, smiley, it may be different now that we have 5 NPC groups.

Many of my friends didn't even know what recs were when they came to UNF, and I know a few that got bids as juniors. Is she a transfer student, because I was one too, and I don't believe that ever effected my chances of getting a bid. Just my two cents worth.
I completely agree with Smiley. Because Eta Omicron was a colonizing chapter, many Juniors and Seniors were offered bids. UNF is growing by leaps and bounds so you one could expect recruitment to be very competitive because there are only 5 NPC groups.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

What do you guys mean 'recommendations'? I too will want to rush at FSU next year as a junior. Do you mean recommendations from alumnae or recommendations from sisters that I'll meet during recruitment week?
Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 PM

Recommendations from alumnae. Check out the stickied threads at the top of the recruitment forum.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat41 View Post
What do you guys mean 'recommendations'? I too will want to rush at FSU next year as a junior. Do you mean recommendations from alumnae or recommendations from sisters that I'll meet during recruitment week?
Just FYI, you are replying to a thread that is 7 years old.

You have a sister that I think you meant to say IS a member of Chi Omega, right? ASK HER!!! There is a whole lot to know about the recruitment process. Going into it as a junior, you are way behind the curve already. You need to really get your ducks in a row if you want to be successful.

No, you do not get recommendations from the girls that you meet during rush. You get them from sorority alumnae of all of the chapters on campus.

READ THE THREADS
Old 11-19-2015, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

If you are already at FSU and you want to be in a sorority I would try to rush informal in the spring. Yes that means it will likely be at a less prestigious sorority, but based on your knowledge base and your class standing you wouldn't be getting into a highly competitive chapter anyway. The experience would still be valuable so give that lower than top tier chapter a shot.