GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,187
1 members and 1,186 guests
No Members online

Old 09-07-2018, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
Actually, Kourtney did graduate from University of Arizona! There's a rumor that she was a member of the Alpha Phi chapter there, but IIRC Kourtney herself debunked that one.

Somebody please shoot me for knowing that. *lol*
The daughter of Kyle Richards from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is an Alpha Phi at Arizona, well at least she pledged there and was initiated. Kyle talked about it on RHOBH. I don't know if she's still in the chapter or not.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post

Moses wandered in the desert for 40 years and STILL reached his destination before my pin that I ordered in December will reach me. If the ladies of Scorpion truly think that Herff-Jones will magically improve their customer service in a matter of days, they’ve got another storm coming.
I just spit my coffee out, and my cat sleeping next to me did not appreciate the wake up call lol! My chapter continually had issues with getting badges an entire semester after a class was initiated. When I ordered my upgrade, it took 5 months to get. I definitely feel your pain.

Also, what kind of recruitment counselor/Rho Chi/Pi Chi/Rho Gamma doesn't encourage a PNM to report egregious dirty rushing? Either they are in that chapter, or they have a very skewed sense of how to be panhellenic during the recruitment process. I can't imagine how many PNMs were treated like this only to place all their eggs in Scorpion's basket and be disappointed on bid day.

To Bind, To Strive, To Aid
Old 09-07-2018, 06:41 PM

^^^My sister is nicer than me. I was just going to say this Rho Chi is a flaming asshat.

ETA: on another scorpion note, who on earth buys a pledge pin, other than the chapter? Did they want her to just give them a check? Sketchy mono x infinity.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread is the best. The badge comments are literally making me laugh out loud!
Old 09-07-2018, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix16 View Post
I just spit my coffee out, and my cat sleeping next to me did not appreciate the wake up call lol! My chapter continually had issues with getting badges an entire semester after a class was initiated. When I ordered my upgrade, it took 5 months to get. I definitely feel your pain.

Also, what kind of recruitment counselor/Rho Chi/Pi Chi/Rho Gamma doesn't encourage a PNM to report egregious dirty rushing? Either they are in that chapter, or they have a very skewed sense of how to be panhellenic during the recruitment process. I can't imagine how many PNMs were treated like this only to place all their eggs in Scorpion's basket and be disappointed on bid day.
Apparently very few! DD3 asked around and didn’t reveal anything about her situation but no one really liked scorpion that she knew of, of course, that doesn’t reflect on the entire chapter, just the juniors and the seniors. The sophomores didn’t have a clue.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I kinda wanna be a Scorpion
Old 09-07-2018, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Pref:
Wildflowers
Sunset

The entire family breathed a collective sigh of relief when we heard her two houses.

Wildflowers:
She cried throughout the entire pref ceremony at wildflowers. She said that she felt transformed. She spoke with a sister who was less fire and brimstone than the more intense sisters she’d spoken with, she decided that she felt extremely comfortable, safe, and extra loved while in the presence of the Wildflowers.

Sunset:
DD3 also loved sunset. She loved their ceremony, cried, and had all of the same good conversations, and she had all of the same good feelings. She felt extremely torn up but she knew that she’d have to choose between the houses in the end.

Bid day:
DD3 woke up, she went to Starbucks in full makeup with her pajamas on and her hair in rollers, she returned to her dorm. Her rho chi called. DD3 had a moment. She freaked out. And then she womaned up and answered the call. “Hey love! You definitely have a bid but I needed to ask if you put scorpion first on your pref rankings! We really want you!” the rho chi said and DD3 smiled “I don’t want to jinx anything so no one knows my rankings but me and the sorority that I’ll become a new member of! Since you referred to scorpion as we, I’d assume that you’d see my name on your bid list if I’d ranked you all first! Thank you for checking up with me! You have a blessed day!” DD3 responded, ending the call right there.

DD3 went to open her bid later on with her friends, she received the white envelope, she ripped it open, the family sat by on FaceTime and watched her get so excited because she was now a new member of...
Old 09-07-2018, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Bid day:
DD3 woke up, she went to Starbucks in full makeup with her pajamas on and her hair in rollers, she returned to her dorm. Her rho chi called. DD3 had a moment. She freaked out. And then she womaned up and answered the call. “Hey love! You definitely have a bid but I needed to ask if you put scorpion first on your pref rankings! We really want you!” the rho chi said and DD3 smiled “I don’t want to jinx anything so no one knows my rankings but me and the sorority that I’ll become a new member of! Since you referred to scorpion as we, I’d assume that you’d see my name on your bid list if I’d ranked you all first! Thank you for checking up with me! You have a blessed day!” DD3 responded, ending the call right there.
OK, your daughter is such an old, wise soul. I don't think I would have remotely known how to handle that call...and I'm still stunned at their "operations." What's so odd is this: wouldn't the Rho Chi already know that she didn't pref them? When I was a rush counselor I seem to recall knowing which houses my group of PNMs went to for pref. If she did know, then this sounds like mind games.

One thing I know from reading your posts is that your daughter is a grounded, mature and kind young woman...and can sure think on her feet too! Wonderful assets with which to build a rewarding life. Whichever house got her is darn lucky.

Thanks for such wonderful story-telling, it was a delight to read.

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-07-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: correcting something about the past
Old 09-07-2018, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
OK, your daughter is such an old, wise soul. I don't think I would have remotely known how to handle that call...and I'm still stunned at their "operations." What's so odd is this: wouldn't the Rho Chi already know that she didn't pref them? When I was a rush counselor I knew exactly which houses my group of PNMs went to for pref.

One thing I know from reading your posts is that your daughter is a grounded, mature and kind young woman...and can sure think on her feet too! Wonderful assets with which to build a rewarding life. Whichever house got her is darn lucky.

Thanks for such wonderful story-telling, it was a delight to read.
That’s what I said! I thought that it was strange that the rho chi would ask but DD3 says that she was trying to clarify a mistake with DD3, that DD3 was planning on going scorpion in the end. The rho chi was a bit off the entire week and I heard a lot of odd things about her. My mom and I came to the conclusion that it was a weird manipulation thing, “drop your houses and take a snap bid from scorpion” last ditch effort.

Thank you for the compliments on DD3, I’ll pass them along to her!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My mom and I came to the conclusion that it was a weird manipulation thing, “drop your houses and take a snap bid from scorpion” last ditch effort.

Thank you for the compliments on DD3, I’ll pass them along to her!
Sounds like that or something weird. Again, I'm so sorry she was subjected to such a rough time, I'm impressed that she hung in there - some girls might have given up. Now she can enjoy her just rewards of sisterhood!
Old 09-07-2018, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

On pins and needles. Wildflowers or Sunset?!?
Old 09-07-2018, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Seriously, dying to find out how this goes. Can't believe the dirty rushing going on.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

WAIT>>>>>> I NEED THE ENDING!!!! I am on the edge of my chair! I am livid at the Rho Chi and her lack of separation from her chapter. Those Scorpions broke rules I had not even dreamed up.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:52 AM

This is hands down the dirtiest rushing I have ever heard of, in real life and in 20 years of GC.

And I totally know what she means about the “fire and brimstone” sisters. It’s like, I know you love your group but just chill out and watch tv with me for 5 minutes.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

DD3 went to open her bid later on with her friends, she received the white envelope, she ripped it open, the family sat by on FaceTime and watched her get so excited because she was now a new member of KAPPA KAPPA GAMMA!!!! DD3 HAD MADE IT TO WILDFLOWERS!!!!

Her roommate had ranked Sunset first and was now a new member of
PI BETA PHI!!!!

And so with happiness, my Monmouth Duo ladies went to their respective bid day parties!!!!

This was a few weeks ago and the one friend that DD3 had that ran home to scorpion dropped. It also was confirmed that scorpion did furnish new members with new member pins but DD3 was supposed to get hers now so she could become a new member before rush even ended. All is well on campus now!

If you all would like, I had a daughter rush at Alabama this year! No dirty rushing but heavy cuts until she found her home!