GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,166
1 members and 1,165 guests
Low D Flat

Old 11-24-2019, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
Gonna rise this thread back up. One school I've always wondered about why they haven't opened up is SMU. There are enough chapters that could recolonize and the last time they opened up was 1994 with AXO.
Because it is absolutely pointless. The system is stagnant.
The “bottom two” are unacceptable choices to the SMU clientele. Doesn’t matter how good they are or how their sisterhood is.

SMU moved up the date of full reimbursement because so many would drop when they didn’t get top six. But they still drop and take the financial hit because their futures are RUINED if they don’t get PKT. (and I’d assume there are some 5s and 6s in the exodus, as well.)

There is no point in adding #9 if #s 7 & 8 are still considered insufferable.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi2KD View Post
The “bottom two” are unacceptable choices to the SMU clientele. Doesn’t matter how good they are or how their sisterhood is.

SMU moved up the date of full reimbursement because so many would drop when they didn’t get top six. But they still drop and take the financial hit because their futures are RUINED if they don’t get PKT. (and I’d assume there are some 5s and 6s in the exodus, as well.)

Oh my god this all sounds terrible . I knew that rush was competitive down there but I had no idea rankings held such a large weight there.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 11-24-2019, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Any word on which 6 groups are applying at Clemson? I think packets are due the first of December.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Any word on which 6 groups are applying at Clemson? I think packets are due the first of December.
Oh I didn't Clemson was expanding (I know Theta closed recently though). I tried digging around their FSL page but haven't seen anything.

Since 1888

Old 11-24-2019, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
Oh I didn't Clemson was expanding (I know Theta closed recently though). I tried digging around their FSL page but haven't seen anything.
they didn't advertise it as normal because they said they already had 6 interested groups. So you won't find anything on their web site nor NPC's
Old 11-24-2019, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
they didn't advertise it as normal because they said they already had 6 interested groups. So you won't find anything on their web site nor NPC's
Given the timing of when the packets are due, do you think this would be for spring visits and presentations for invited groups and a Fall 2020 post-recruitment colonization?

I'm not remotely surprised Clemson is open-it's super cheap to establish there as far as big Southern schools go because there's no sorority mansion needed to be competitive and numbers were the highest they've ever been for recruitment registration and quota. When I was there there were issues with finding adequate meeting space for all the sororities to hold chapter on campus, and our new member classes were 60ish each year. This year quota was somewhere in the high 80s/low 90s (and I am very curious to know if every group made it or not if anyone knows that).
Old 11-25-2019, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi2KD View Post

There are a couple other schools like this, where there are huge numbers of PNMs, but they refuse the chapters other that the top few, Univ of So Cal , Texas, and even Ole Miss (Theta closed last year even tho quota was in the 100s.) That is such a shame. I think it gives Greek Life a bad rep.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota_JWH View Post
There are a couple other schools like this, where there are huge numbers of PNMs, but they refuse the chapters other that the top few, Univ of So Cal , Texas, and even Ole Miss (Theta closed last year even tho quota was in the 100s.) That is such a shame. I think it gives Greek Life a bad rep.
Add UC Berkeley to that list.

True and Constant
Old 11-25-2019, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Why are we on a 2015-16 thread?
Old 11-25-2019, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Why are we on a 2015-16 thread?
It was one of the only threads I could find on the topic. It then turned into a general discussion that went after these years passed.

Since 1888

Old 11-25-2019, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

I think the deceased horse has been beat enough.