GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,431
1 members and 1,430 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 04-29-2010, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Junior/transfer student

Hi! Im transferring in Summer 2011 to UCF from Valencia cc as a Junior. Im going for my Masters so I'll be there four years, but is it still worth my time rushing? Or do sorority's mainly look for freshman? Thanks!..
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGreek357 View Post
Hi! Im transferring in Summer 2011 to UCF from Valencia cc as a Junior. Im going for my Masters so I'll be there four years, but is it still worth my time rushing? Or do sorority's mainly look for freshman? Thanks!..
Scroll down to the bottom of the page or use the SEARCH function. Put in keywords: Junior Transfer.

We can't tell you if it's worth it. Some places, juniors get bids, others, they don't.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:51 PM

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this but many sororities do not allow graduate students to remain active collegians.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I transferred from my community college to my university in Spring of 08 and rushed Fall 09...technically it was my fourth year of college but I was in junior standing. Not many houses invited me back throughout rush, but I did end up receiving a bid and I'm very happy so it really depends on the chapter. Give it a try!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

UCF will be quite challenging, but I agree that you should give it your best shot. Why look back and regret not doing so?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not very familiar with recruitment in the south, so please keep that in mind. This is general advice that is not specific to your school.

The thing about recruitment is that you only need one bid; you can be dropped by every other house after the very first day and still be successful in the end. That doesn't mean, though, that it won't be a tough, emotional experience. If you think you can deal with rejection, then by all means, give it a shot. I believe that not knowing is far worse than failure, so if you're that type of person, than no matter the outcome, you will grow from going through recruitment.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all so much! This was helpful advice. I know Im the only one that can decide if it'll be worth it, but like many of you have said I'd rather go for it and have a great experience instead of not try at all because Ill be an upperclassman
Old 05-29-2010, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a few friends that are greek at UCF and it is pretty hard for Juniors to receive a bid, but not impossible or unheard of! Just be prepared for any harsh cuts. I would recommend getting recs to each sorority and maintain a high GPA.