GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,372
1 members and 1,371 guests
LaneSig

Old 08-27-2002, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Question MTSU Spring Rush

Does anyone know what groups hold spring rush at MTSU?

Crystal
Old 08-27-2002, 08:52 PM

I have no idea which groups have COR events or participate in Spring recruitment at MTSU. You may wish to contact the Greek Adviser, he or she would be the best person to provide correct information I'd guess.

Good luck!

Christin
Old 08-28-2002, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Usually only Delta Zeta and Zeta Tau Alpha have Spring recruitment here at MTSU. HOWEVER- rumor has it ZTA (haven't heard about DZ yet) may not need to have it if we get enough new girls this fall, which seems very likely. We had nearly 50 girls show back up for in Theme night (skit) party last night, and there were four parties. We're doing sooo awesome and we had SEVERAL SEVERAL girls tell us they "love Zeta", or "really feel at home (with Zeta)", or have decided to choose between Zeta and only one other sorority. Woohoo! I just hope the new member class isn't so huge that I have to take TWO littles at once, cuz I just can't afford it right now LOL.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

You guys have to have spring rush! (Mainly becauuse I had to wait for spring, and ya'll are the ones I'm excited about after meeting a bunch of girls at Greekfest.) I do hope ya'll have great results. I know my roommate has had a blast this week at the Zeta parties - she's done nothing but talk about how awesome you have been. Have a great rest of the week!

Crystal
Old 08-29-2002, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Who is your roommate? Well I will know by tonight probably whether or not we are going to have a Spring Rush or not. We do have something called "crowning", however, which is our version of COB (Continuous Open Bidding). There are lots of threads on that if you want it to be explained better.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

My roommate is Jennifer Cathey. I'm not sure if she was cut or didn't sign her bid card, but she went to Zeta's pref party the other night. More info welcome on COB!

P.S. Some of the girls in one of the sororities on campus told me that the groups have their preference lists made out before Pref parties. Is that true? If so, what is the point of the pref parties?

Crystal
Old 08-30-2002, 08:50 PM

Talking The point

The point of Pref parties is for the PNMs to get inspired and make their final preference.

Anyone who is invited to Pref is someone that the chapter would be willing to have in the chapter. I've heard of Pref lists being rearranged after Pref but it's very rare (from my understanding) for someone to be cut after Pref.