GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,526
0 members and 2,526 guests
No Members online

Old 07-31-2003, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, at our school, you didn't find out who your Recruitment Counselor was until the night of Greek Forum!

Just chiming in my two cents: talk to your professor BEFORE classes begin AND talk to your Recruitment Counselor as soon as you meet her. Bring your class schedule so you have a concrete excuse and (nicely) stay on top of your Recruitment Counselor to file your excuse with Panhellenic and get confirmation from her that you are cleared to be late to prefs. As tempting as it is to put sorority at the top of your list of priorities b/c you want to make a good impression and show them you are interested, SCHOOL COMES FIRST!!!! (Learn this now and you will be way on top of things and a great role model for your new member class!)

When I was a Recruitment Counselor, I ran into two instances: one of my PNM's slept in and completely missed her first party. There was nothing we could do b/c it was unexcused and she got cut from that first house for being a no-show. My second PNM had orientation the same afternoon as Round 2 and had to miss parties that day. She had a valid excuse turned in to me at Greek Forum and she was cleared and good to go. She wasn't penalized and joined her favorite sorority!

Good luck Crystal, and all of our other PNM's!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-01-2003, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My friend pointed something out to me. It will be the first day of class, and all they do is hand out syllabi and go over them. Most likely I will be out very early, so this won't be an issue. I'm going to go already dressed and ready. It's not like I'm wearing a prom dress! I'm getting more excited... 2 weeks!!!

One thing that I am interested in finding out is how the alum from the chapters here are still involved with their sororities. Since I am older than the typical PNM, alumnae involvement is a big draw for me. I want something that I can be involved in for the rest of my life.

What is one specific memory that you have that makes you the most proud to belong to your sorority, and what do you treasure most about it?

Thanks for all the good wishes and advice - we have the best women here on GC!

Last edited by MTSUGURL; 08-02-2003 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I think some of my proudest/greatest moments are right now--within the last year, as an alumnae.

It is such an honor and priviledge (sp?) to be able to give back to something that has meant so much to me and my life. It is the reason that I am the person that I am.

Being in a sorority (in my case, fraternity), has been an amazing chapter in my life--a chapter that thankfully does not have to end b/c I am in the wonderful world of alumnae life.

In the N'ville/M'boro area, there are a lot of opportunities to be involved in the alumnae world.

I know that Chi O, AOPi, ADPi, KD and ZTA all have a lot of active alumnaes in this area. I am not certain about AXO or DZ, but I am sure that they probably do as well.

The alumnae opportunities are great. In ways, I think, my alumnae experience has been even more wonderful than my collegiate experience.

Regardless, as you go through recruitment, ask the different sororities what alumnae life is like for their particular sorority. Do they have a local alumnae chapter? How involved are their alumnae with them?

Again, good luck. I know that you will find the right home!
Old 08-04-2003, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Memories

I feel fortunate that I was able to experience Zeta sisterhood at two universities as an undergraduate student, but I definitely agree with just1ZTA that some of my best memories have been as an active alum. I am currently the Vice President of Membership for my Alumnae Group, and it is wonderful meeting Zetas from all over the country.

Crystal, I am so excited for you as your recruitment quickly approaches. Be sure to enjoy every moment, and I know that we are all excited to hear about it!

Courtney
Old 08-04-2003, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree-- I loved my experiences as a collegian and I treasure knowing that as an alum I continue to meet wonderful people and I am still having the time of my life being Greek! Sorority membership is what you make of it; it can be 4 years or for life. It's up to you!

My greatest experience with my sorority has to be my move from Florida to California a few months after graduation (I mentioned this on RedFox's recruitment thread, too). I packed whatever would fit in my car and took my best friend along for the ride (she is a fellow sorority sister!). We had the most amazing time seeing the country and taking little day trips to places like New Orleans and the Grand Canyon, staying with friends and sisters all along the way. And when I moved to LA, it was my sorority house roommate's older sister (also a Greek) who helped me find a job. And then when I joined the sorority alumnae assocaiton out here, I felt instantly comfortable and have made some of my best friends in LA through the association!

College was a blast-- football bus rides, socials, recruitment, formals, being on exec board, Homecoming, Greek Sing, Candlelightings, serenades, meeting tons of people, intramural sports, decorating sister gifts and sharing road trips, classes and the college experience. But like with anything in life, I know the good times just keep getting better and the best is yet to come!

Yay, recruitment will soon be starting!!!! I can't wait to read your threads!
Old 08-04-2003, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PixieChickMTSU
Crystal.....Yes, I have recieved my Rho Sigma letter. have you??
Old 08-04-2003, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MTSUGURL

What is one specific memory that you have that makes you the most proud to belong to your sorority, and what do you treasure most about it?
Wow, now that's a great question, Crystal. I have so many, I'm not sure I can only single out just one.

I've been able to make new friends in many different places, just because of my choice to join AOII. I've had opportunities to travel and learn from some of the most amazing women ever, and I wouldn't have it if I hadn't joined AOII. I've learned how to run events for 100-500+ people and literally how to run a Corporation from my AOII experiences. I've stayed active for almost 20 years, in an organization started by women for women. That just rocks

I'm proud to be a member of Alpha Omicron Pi every day. Everything from attending rituals to seeing an AOII decal on a car makes me proud, and I treasure every moment of it.

Good luck in recruitment, Crystal--I'm pulling for you and can't wait to hear about everything!
Christin
Old 08-04-2003, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MTSUGURL
One thing that I am interested in finding out is how the alum from the chapters here are still involved with their sororities. Since I am older than the typical PNM, alumnae involvement is a big draw for me. I want something that I can be involved in for the rest of my life.

MTSUGurl, I definately agree with you when you say alumnae involvement is a big draw. I joined as a junior, and really want to be an active alumnae.

One of my favorite ADPi memories so far was our weekend trip to the Ronald McDonald House during my Alphaship (new member period).

Since it was a 5-6 hour drive, we carpooled and caravaned to the RMH and it was so awesome to get to know some of the sisters better!

While we were at the Ronald McDonald House, some area ADPi alums came to help us, and they brought us lunch. They were so sweet!

I met an 80-year old member and it was so amazing talking to her about her collegiate ADPi experiences and how she has stay involved as an alumnae member. She even brought her badge and it was so awesome!

I'm definately looking forward to next semester's RMH trip to meet with more alums and help out
Old 08-04-2003, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile I FOUND OUT!!!

I KNOW WHO CRYSTALS RHO SIGMA IS!!!

HeHeHe!!

(its not me cause Crytal and I know each other!)

Greek Love!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck Crystal!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

My sisters send me a thank you note for your rec!

Just so you know
Old 08-04-2003, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

all the best....my friend.
you know the drill. keep a smile on your face and let things fall as they may.
you know we're here for you.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: I FOUND OUT!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by RhoSigma2003
I KNOW WHO CRYSTALS RHO SIGMA IS!!!

HeHeHe!!

(its not me cause Crytal and I know each other!)

Greek Love!
That is CRUEL! I'll be calling you tonight... I'm going to check my mailbox again after class.

I am SO sick today. I've been up since 3, but had to come to class because we had a quiz. I'm on break now, and I would LOVE to go home and go to bed.

10 days!
Old 08-05-2003, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Not a Mezzo
Keep your head high and your step proud. You're so close! We're all behind you 100%.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Crystal!! Your thread is my favorite summer reading I really can't wait to find out how your rush experience goes. You've waited so long to find your home! You deserve the best, sweetie.

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient