GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,541
3 members and 2,538 guests
BuffGirl, chi-o_cat
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2000, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

All the Omegas I have come in contact with call themselves Ques or Que-dog. This may be something that once again depends on where you are and who you are talking to. To answer the orignal queston (which some have) if you run into or have run into who claims to be in a frat called "que-dogs) nine times out of ten they are probably meaning the org Omega Psi Phi.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-30-2000, 09:21 PM
Omega Sis

It took me awhile, but this one is from "Omega" members.

5. What's the distinction between an "Omega Man" & a "Que Dog"?

An "Omega Man" is the name sake term bestowed upon members of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. once it's members cross the burning sands. A "Que-Dog" is a mythical term used to identify pledges while on line during the final stage of the pledge process. It's important to understand that "Que Dogs", canine calls, and camouflage paraphenelia doesn't directly reflect the entire outlook of the organization as set in the guideline by the Grand Chapter. *Please note* Never address or call a member of Omega a "Que-Dog" for it is rather disrespectful. In essence "MEMBERSHIP HAS IT'S PRIVLEDGES!"

5b. "Why the DOG image?

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc does not have, nor has it ever endorsed, a mascot of any type to be representative of the organization. So why do so many Omega Men like the "dog" image? "WE ARE NOT DOGS even though those who misunderstand us would view us otherwise because we possess a dawg-matic determination to make changes and the tenacity to see them through, the loyalty of man's best friend and the guardianship to protect the ones we truely love."

This analogy was written by the chapter members of Fayetteville State.

Quote:
Originally posted by DiSTinguished:
Omega Sis,
I don't know if your brother is an Omega or whether you are an E or what, but the term Que is NOT used when someone is on line. I have no idea where you got your information, but again, people on line are NOT called Ques. It is a term for members of Omega Psi Phi, in fact most neos are proud to call themselves Ques AFTER they have gone over....as far as older men, I know some older Ques (maninly my friends' dads) and they call themselves Ques all the time, but not necessarily Q-dog.......Anyway, there aren't many Ques on this website so I am responding on their behalf. As far as the origial question.....it is a secret known only by Omegas!!

Old 07-01-2000, 04:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Omega Sis,
I can't get with the first answer you gave (the part about calling those on line Ques and that it is disrespectful to refer to Omegas as Ques....what Omegas told you this? The ones from Fayetteville State? Did you take this off their website? If so please include their web address.....by the way is your brother an Omega or are you in an auxiliary group? Thanks for the response.
Old 07-01-2000, 06:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hi Omega Sis,
I saw that response on a website, but can't remember which one.
Distinguished:
Why is it important whether or not she is the sister of an Omega or a member of an auxillary? Please don't get offended. Just asking.
Old 07-04-2000, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Salience Send a message via Yahoo to Salience
Thumbs down

My father is a Son of Blood and Thunder, and he has never referred to himself or his frats as "dogs."

Knowing him, I could never see him as a "dog," but ony as an Omega Man. And that title does not define his life. He is an exemplary person, who happens to be a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.

My $0.04.

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)
Old 09-08-2008, 02:32 AM
GreekChat Member

What's a "Q" and/or Omega Man you ask........

I just like to know where all my dogs at first off?? Secondly, why is it that so many people have so much insite on Omega? I have read some of the statements made and most of them are either wrong, or being published by an undergrade. Once you have crossed over and made it to the top, you can speak on it WHOLEHEARTEDLY. I am a "Q", Q Dog, Omega Man, and a Past Master (for those who know), and neither is diffiance of my line status. I still like to hop every now and again (with the older brus.), but my status isn't based on what I'm called. Ohh, I forgot to mention I raised men, so if you see me and try to challege me after seeing me hop, you might get embarrased. So don't think that every one that messes around is young or new to the frat. Also if your not my bru., your call doesn't have an affect on me anyway. I just see you as an easedropper and appreciate you for just that. I have been through the desert and back, tried and ready to be tried again. So watch out when you approach me or any of the brus from my squad. We bark hard, and play rough, but most importantly we care. So if you pledged or not, I will tell you what I can. I will leave you with this, "Friendship is essential to the soul". So to ask one is to know one, and to be one you must pledge one. KEEP YOU GPA UP, I'M OUT!!!

Originally posted by Omega Sis:
According to the Omegas I know of Omega Psi Phi fraternity Inc. A Que dog is a person on line to be a member of the fraternity. They have begun the process, but have not crossed over into full membership. Once you cross over, you are a Omega. Those who are members find it offensive to be called a Que dog as they have earned the right to be called an Omega and not a Que dog.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ This thread is over eight years old.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
^^^ This thread is over eight years old.
Romans 1:16
Old 09-08-2008, 04:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoatman View Post
I just like to know where all my dogs at first off?? Secondly, why is it that so many people have so much insite on Omega? I have read some of the statements made and most of them are either wrong, or being published by an undergrade. Once you have crossed over and made it to the top, you can speak on it WHOLEHEARTEDLY. I am a "Q", Q Dog, Omega Man, and a Past Master (for those who know), and neither is diffiance of my line status. I still like to hop every now and again (with the older brus.), but my status isn't based on what I'm called. Ohh, I forgot to mention I raised men, so if you see me and try to challege me after seeing me hop, you might get embarrased. So don't think that every one that messes around is young or new to the frat. Also if your not my bru., your call doesn't have an affect on me anyway. I just see you as an easedropper and appreciate you for just that. I have been through the desert and back, tried and ready to be tried again. So watch out when you approach me or any of the brus from my squad. We bark hard, and play rough, but most importantly we care. So if you pledged or not, I will tell you what I can. I will leave you with this, "Friendship is essential to the soul". So to ask one is to know one, and to be one you must pledge one. KEEP YOU GPA UP, I'M OUT!!!
Blank stare.
Romans 1:16
Old 09-08-2008, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoatman View Post
I bolded the spelling, should've bolded all the grammatical, and laughed about the urging of keeping your "GPA UP".
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Angry

I HATE RESURRECTED EIGHT-YEAR OLD THREADS!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

sportcoatman, you are cat, too.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojapeach View Post
I HATE RESURRECTED EIGHT-YEAR OLD THREADS!

Awww I bet this was supposed to be Grouchy Smurf
Old 09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

What's a Q dog? It's Motorola's version of a Blackberry, dog.

Last edited by CrackerBarrel; 09-08-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: To add a stupid joke.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Awww I bet this was supposed to be Grouchy Smurf

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Closed Thread