GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,814
1 members and 1,813 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-19-2009, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Yay! Soup does take a long freaking time, but it's so worth it. Congrats on your cooking success!
To me there is nothing more satisfiying (at least in the kitchen) than making a good soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I found out today that my cousin passed away yesterday. When my dad called and said "I have some sad news", I waited to hear which aunt/uncle it might have been. No, it was a cousin... I can't remember exactly how old she was because there are so many cousins, but I'm thinking early 50s. She just dropped dead, probably heart attack but they don't know for sure yet. She had a very tough life.. unwed mother at 17, then married the guy, had another kid, but he was abusive to her and she got divorced, became an alcoholic, possibly a schizophrenic too, depending on who you ask. About 20 years ago, she was smoking in bed while drunk, passed out and burned her house down.. had burns over 80% of her body. They didn't think she was going to make it. Months in the burn center, then she was even stranger than before. About two years ago, her son committed suicide. My poor aunt. She lost her grandson, then 6 months ago, her husband died after a 5 year battle with bone cancer and now this. I don't know how you cope with the loss of your child, even when he/she is an adult. MaryJane, I'm sure my mom was there to welcome you. I know she was your favorite aunt and you know she was the one who never judged you. May your eternity be more peaceful and loving than your difficult time on this earth. Rest in Peace my cousin, Rest in Peace.

Wow, I'm really really sorry to hear that.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Hubby is finally feeling better after a weeklong battle with a sore throat and laryngitis.

Now mom is going to have to have surgery because she has PAD. She has 100 percent blockage in one leg. Luckily there is slight blood flow because of a secondary artery.

I've got to go in for bloodwork tomorrow for my Thyroid...
I'm a nervous wreck.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I feel soooo much better! I had the WORST food poisoning EVER earlier today. Annnd I was on campus! Had to puke in the bushes then hang out in a public bathroom for an hour. I got it all out then laid on the couch for a few hours. I finally showered and ate something. I feel human again.

Oh, and I'm officially on spring break!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I found out today that my cousin passed away yesterday. When my dad called and said "I have some sad news", I waited to hear which aunt/uncle it might have been. No, it was a cousin... I can't remember exactly how old she was because there are so many cousins, but I'm thinking early 50s. She just dropped dead, probably heart attack but they don't know for sure yet. She had a very tough life.. unwed mother at 17, then married the guy, had another kid, but he was abusive to her and she got divorced, became an alcoholic, possibly a schizophrenic too, depending on who you ask. About 20 years ago, she was smoking in bed while drunk, passed out and burned her house down.. had burns over 80% of her body. They didn't think she was going to make it. Months in the burn center, then she was even stranger than before. About two years ago, her son committed suicide. My poor aunt. She lost her grandson, then 6 months ago, her husband died after a 5 year battle with bone cancer and now this. I don't know how you cope with the loss of your child, even when he/she is an adult. MaryJane, I'm sure my mom was there to welcome you. I know she was your favorite aunt and you know she was the one who never judged you. May your eternity be more peaceful and loving than your difficult time on this earth. Rest in Peace my cousin, Rest in Peace.
I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Yay! Soup does take a long freaking time, but it's so worth it. Congrats on your cooking success!
Thanks! You're right, it was worth it. I wonder what I should learn how to make now.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
((((AGDee)))) Your cousin is finally at peace.

summer gphib: (hugs)
Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss and I pray your cousin is at peace. *hugs*

(PS - my grandma died 10 years ago and ever since then, when I've lost someone else, I always think of Grandma being there to welcome them too.)
Old 03-19-2009, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

AGDee *hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss.

This has been such a bad week. AGD's loss. Natasha Richardson. A cousin of mine passed away on Tuesday.

Hey Death take a holiday.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Unregistered-

We lost my niece 3 years ago today. She was only 18 and just starting to make a name for herself at SFSU.

I can't believe it's been 3 years already.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigley View Post
AGDee *hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss.

This has been such a bad week. AGD's loss. Natasha Richardson. A cousin of mine passed away on Tuesday.

Hey Death take a holiday.
Yeah, this has been a shit-tastic week. One of the partners at our firm lost his unborn child--less than a week before his wife was due. Everyone here is close, and we're all pretty sad.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Our radio station is playing the Super Bowl Shuffle as part of a giveaway contest.

We aren't here to start no trouble, we're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle!

Awesome.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm getting so much shit done! It's a glorious day!

I checked my oil, bought another quart cause I'm low, and had lunch with my bf.

I'm going to do a TON of laundry at home (yay home!) later. I'm also going to try to sell some books back and petition for credit for a class I took. Taking care of business, baby!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Can you send me some of your energy/productiveness, please??? I'm the total opposite lately.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovypq View Post
^^^ Can you send me some of your energy/productiveness, please??? I'm the total opposite lately.
*waves magic wand* There ya go!

I actually did all the things I said I was going to do, too. Woo!

Today's to do list: bake chocolate chip cookies, go for a walk, and pack for Hearst Castle. I like that to do list!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't mind doing the laundry, but I hate, hate, hate cleaning house!