GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,432
1 members and 1,431 guests
No Members online

Old 08-29-2014, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

From my phone, it only allows me to see one of your pictures, CG. I'll have to check them out on my home computer when I'm at home.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

So Labor Day has passed and I'm noticing that my okcupid account is suddenly on fire. Do guys stop dating in the summer and kick in again come fall?

And really, someone is gonna have to try again to explain to me about what would draw a guy in his 20's to a woman in her late 40's. The only reasons I can come up with (that sound like self-deprecation I suppose) is 1-they think I have money (I don't) 2-they think I am so desperate that I will sleep with someone ANYONE at the mere offer or 3-they have a creepy mommy thing happening. If it was 1 guy I would just write it off as an odd quirk, but the majority of guys who express interest in me are in their 20's. Well, that was true through the summer. Per the 1st paragraph, the 40 and 50 year olds seem to have come out of the woodwork in the last week or so. Thoughts?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I get the same thing DubaiSis. I even put in my profile to NOT message me if I'm old enough to be your mother. They still do. Ack.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I said if your age starts with a 2 DO NOT CONTACT ME. It seems like a waste of breath. Telling the married guys to not contact me seems reasonably affective.

I'm sure it's because we're both so hot the young guys just can't help themselves
Old 09-03-2014, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I put in my profile "PLEASE, NO FAT GIRLS!" but they still message me.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
So Labor Day has passed and I'm noticing that my okcupid account is suddenly on fire. Do guys stop dating in the summer and kick in again come fall?
Yup! Thank you, GC, for teaching me about cuffing season! Also referred to as snuggle-with-me-in-bed-cuz-it's-cold season.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:25 AM
GreekChat Member

The few dates that I had in college were with.....
A: a guy that I'd known for years when we both lived elsewhere. It didn't work out.
B: someone that I saw for about a month when I first transferred to the University.

I'm on one of the online dating sites and also on another mobile based site....and absolutely nada. Reno's a small town, relatively speaking....and I assume that once I move, I might have better luck.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

And really, someone is gonna have to try again to explain to me about what would draw a guy in his 20's to a woman in her late 40's. The only reasons I can come up with (that sound like self-deprecation I suppose) is 1-they think I have money (I don't) 2-they think I am so desperate that I will sleep with someone ANYONE at the mere offer or 3-they have a creepy mommy thing happening. If it was 1 guy I would just write it off as an odd quirk, but the majority of guys who express interest in me are in their 20's. Well, that was true through the summer. Per the 1st paragraph, the 40 and 50 year olds seem to have come out of the woodwork in the last week or so. Thoughts?
They probably like what they see. You probably look younger than you actually are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAcino View Post
I put in my profile "PLEASE, NO FAT GIRLS!" but they still message me.
I hear you, but I don't have anything typed in my profile stating specifics. If they hit me up, I just don't respond. I learned my lesson from the last one.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I hear you, but I don't have anything typed in my profile stating specifics. If they hit me up, I just don't respond. I learned my lesson from the last one.
The girl you were recently posting about was fat? Unless I'm mistaking her for another girl you dated.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I do look younger than I am, but not THAT much younger. While I did have a friend tell me she thought I was 24, she's nutty. Most people think I'm in my mid-late 30's. But still. I'm in my late 40's and my profile says so.

And KAPPAcino, I'll make sure to not respond. There are plenty of guys out there who don't mind having a little something to hold onto (besides their weiners, of course). I include plenty of pictures of myself so there's no confusing me with Kate Moss.

The whole responding thing is tricky. I thought for awhile that a polite - we're not a match but best of luck to you - was nice. Apparently it sends some guys into full meltdown.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Double post, cuz I feel I must.

So I'm talking to this guy online. Initially seems like not a good fit, then in talking, he comes around in my mind. Cool! Then he says, just FYI, I am a freelancer, so my income is unstable. Ummmm, ok? I don't need a sugar daddy, although I AM looking for a grown up with a grown up bank account. Then, in talking about setting up a date, turns out he doesn't drive because he had seizures while driving and caused 2 accidents. Hmmmmm. So now I don't know what the hell to do. He seems like a nice guy, but that sounds like a whole friggin lot of baggage. Am I being too sensitive?
Old 09-04-2014, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Double post, cuz I feel I must.

So I'm talking to this guy online. Initially seems like not a good fit, then in talking, he comes around in my mind. Cool! Then he says, just FYI, I am a freelancer, so my income is unstable. Ummmm, ok? I don't need a sugar daddy, although I AM looking for a grown up with a grown up bank account. Then, in talking about setting up a date, turns out he doesn't drive because he had seizures while driving and caused 2 accidents. Hmmmmm. So now I don't know what the hell to do. He seems like a nice guy, but that sounds like a whole friggin lot of baggage. Am I being too sensitive?
No, you are not being too sensitive. Your gut is telling you something so follow it. In my experience, those "seizures" were probably actually DUIs preventing him from driving and causing him to lose his job, which is why he's free lancing. Just sayin.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm getting more and more red flags. He addressed up front that it was NOT alcohol, but holy triggers Batman, I am not getting involved with another alcoholic.

I kind of started to backpedal and he FREAKED OUT. And then I, god forbid, got busy at work and didn't respond right away. I'm surprised it didn't start hurling swears at me.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Yep. Time to cut that one off.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Just when you think you've found an interesting one! Well, then you get TOO interesting. Really, it's too much to ask for a 50 year old lawyer with kids in college who lives within 30 minutes of me and who is not an alcoholic?