GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,284
1 members and 1,283 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

NFL 2008 predicitions

Keep this somewhere b/c I am willing to bet by the end of the season some of this will come true

NFL predictions for this season

From Worst to first...sorta

3 teams I think will improve this year.
Arizona - one of my sleeper teams that finally is getting it together...will be better, may not make playoffs but young QB and speedy WRs and RB may go at least 8 and 8 maybe better

Raiders - they don't have that much of a choice...nuff said...they still suck..if they win 5 games this year that's better than last year

The 49ers - are poised to take out the Seahawks this season and can quite possibly do it...this team hasn't been the same since Rice and Young left but this may be thier year

3 team I think will get much worse this year
Chargers - as much as I like the Chargers and LT, I think hiring Norv Turner was not a smart move...every team that Norv has coached has gotten worse but he does well as a coordinator so I still can't understand how he gets coaching postions, if the Chargers make the playoffs, it will be by the skin of thier teeth

Chiefs - one question...when will they upgrade thier WRs??? and you dont wanna pay Larry Johnson??? ooops that's 2 questions...but still

Houston Texans - see above....lol They still haven't improved thier O line by much and after last year, they can't get much worse.

Teams I see barely making the playoffs but are expected to go

Seattle - I think this year they will fall off as Arizona and SF make moves to take the NFC west. They barely made it last year considering at one point they played with thier 2nd string QB and RB at the same time...this year they fall off.

Green Bay - do or die for Favre and the only team standing in his way is Chicago

Coaches jobs on the line

Bucs' John Gruden - he hasnt had a winning season ever since he took Tony Dungy's team to face his old Raiders team way back in 2002. His QBs have been a fluke and they really havent upgraded at the WR position. If Gruden doesn't have a winning year this year...say goodbye to him.

Jags' Jack Del Rio - The team has stagnated for the last 2 or 3 years and then with releasing Leftwich after a first round pickup in 2003 means he too must now put up or shut up in a division where the colt's dominate and the only other challenge may be the Titans. I think either way after this season, he is done.
Titan's Jeff Fisher - Fisher is almost in the same boat that Del Rio is in but thier upside is that 2nd year QB Vince Young is poised to have a decent season, if he can stay healthy but still it's only but so much more time can go by fans will want to see him coaching bad teams...

Breakout players this year -
This is hard to predict because, you are really just taking shots in the dark but I will try anyway.

Randy Moss - Moss is on a winning team with a QB that can throw and spread the ball. This is the type of team he should have went to when he left the Vikings. I think he will have a quiet year and return to the form he was in 6 years ago.

Carnell Williams - Had a bad season last year due to injury but I think he will return to form and run the ball like he did his first season...he may even hit 1000 yds

Edgerrin James - in arizona's resurgence, I think the Edge will show why he was a great back in Indy. as long as the WRs stay healthy and Matt Leinart keeps offenses guessing, I think EJ can have a better year this year than he did last year.

Willis Macgehee - is a huge upgrade over Jamal Lewis for Baltimore, can run and can catch and as long as he stays healthy this can be a good year for him

Ladell Betts - based on his performance mid season and with Portis one good hit away from permanent bench duty, I think Betts will have a good shot at being in come mid season

Bart Scott - since Adalius Thomas left the Ravens, Bart Scott is doing what he can to fill in that space and assist Ray Lewis. he is good on coverage and blocking and with those talents, the Ravens should have another top rated Defensive year

Speaking of...Adalius Thomas went to the Pro Bowl last year and I think he will be part of the reason why you will see NE come post season

Big Player busts
Joey Harrington - He is no Michael Vick and until Atlanta invests in some WRs, they will just keep making QBs look bad

Matt Schaub - he replaceds a decent QB who had a sucky O Line in Houston...nuff said

Brett Favre - I think this will be the year he says "I quit" and "I shoulda did this 3 years ago"

Terrell Owens - No Parcells to keep him in check so....will this be 'The Year'? Will his blowup be bigger than Latrell Sprewell's?

Trent Green - this actually can go either way, he will either have a good year with what he has or a bad year for what he has...which isn't much.

Vince Young - only if the Madden Curse catches him.

JaMarcus Russell - How do you not sign your number one overall pick?

Best 5 players you never heard of

Mark Furrey - WR Detroit had a great season last year and I think will have a decent one this year until they bring Calvin Johnson along

Wes Welker - was a returner and slot reciever for years and then NE picked him up and belichich will have another toy to play with.

Haloti Ngata - 2nd year player on the Ravens D line....I saw him put a hold on LT last season...this boy is bad.

Marques Colston - was TE on the Saints last year, now moved to WR making Drew Brees that much better.

Michael Turner - he's that dude backing LT up and can return balls too

5 Players that you wish they will stop talking about

Chad Johnson - almost another TO but guess what, his numbers never lie

Peyton Manning - has another record that he has to break this year

Reggie Bush - has another year to really show Houston WHY they should have picked him first last year.

Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor - The only bright spots on Miami's D

Pacman Jones - nuff said

Now the nitty gritty

Playoff teams from each division

AFC
Pats
Colts
Ravens
Broncos

NFC
Eagles
Saints
Bears
Cardinals

Wildcards
AFC
Jets
Steelers
Titans
Chargers

NFC
Giants
Vikings
Panthers
Seahawks

Super Bowl (3 possible scenarios)
Pats vs Eagles
Pats vs Bears
Colts vs Bear II

and of course...i could be wrong!! add your own thoughts in!!
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”