GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Kappa
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,543
1 members and 2,542 guests
John

Old 07-22-2004, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Colleenie
crzychx: I thought my co-workers were the most annoying on the planet until you told us about yours. I don't have any advice for you but I do sympathize

Thanks for the sympathy! I just wish I could tune out all the things about them that annoy me & keep the things that don't. I even sit & wonder what about me annoys them that makes them have to do such awful annoying things?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-23-2004, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
so let's look at my life for a minute.
no full time job, just a part time gig. i interviewed with PETA this past week, but decided that they were a bit too extreme for me. the job would be awesome, but i can't handle the lifestyle change (i'd have to become vegan)

i have two phone interviews next week for really good companies. one is with a tv station in cincy (thanks to an alumnae sister) and the other is with a community college in town as a recruiter. so we'll see what happens.

i was suppose to leave today for a wedding in pennsylvania where i grew up, but the weather sucked and we couldn't fly out. so we leave in the morning for the wedding. i'm excied. i get to see my brother (the best man) and a lot of friends from high school. most of which i haven't seen in at least two years and some in about 8yrs. so i'm excited. on the sad side, i will be visiting a friend's father for the last time. he is terminally ill.

i think that's about it for my life for now at least.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 07-24-2004, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
i'm still jobless and in denial about actually graduating. . .i'm going back to penn state in a couple weeks right? oh wait no. . .you're done. . . sigh

on a happier note, next week i'm going to nags head for a week. my g'rent's 50th anniversary is this year so the whole family is going to the beach for a week.

also, my cousin just graduated from high school and is going to UVA. . .potential legacy! woo hoo!!!

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 07-24-2004, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

OK I am glad it's the weekend cuz I was totally frustrated this week with another Social Worker doing what I feel to be totally unethical stuff with my client. It's the system too so it is totally annoying. Basically I have a client who is refusing to take his meds. He probably would if supervised and referred to a housing program where he can get care 24-hours a day. As the hospital Social Worker she is the one who needs to get on the ball and refer him. She told me point blank "I don't do that cuz he has a place to go to when he is discharged." (A room he rents in the community). Ummm, DUH, can we say "setting him up to come right back to the hospital". My supervisor is also out on vacation this week and I really need his support to rally against this woman. Ok gripe over.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm back from Hawaii so while I'm sad that my vacation is over, I am glad to be home with my own bed and my own space. I think Mike's parents are great BUT there is only so much of them you can take. Mike & I hardly spent any time alone together.

My car is finally fixed so I'm really psyched about that. YAY!

Stupid cat peed in my room while I was gone so I have to clean up big time.

Finally, I came back with an awesome tan and no burn!

Last edited by CASIGKAP; 08-02-2004 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

I just found out my best friend is moving to California August 29th for her internship. That's the whole distance of the country between us! I don't think I can manage without her. I leave in 2 weeks to go to Tennessee and will be 8+ hours away from my boyfriend. I hate long distance. But on a brighter note, I bought cute shoes yesterday. :-)
Old 07-27-2004, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
i got a job interview yea!!!!

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 07-27-2004, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
good job!!! i have two phone interviews tomorrow. i'm excited.

so other stuff going on -
found a dog wandering along the side of the road yesterday and of course picked her up. cute lil golden mix. county ended up picking her up today. she will be up for adoption in three days pending nobody comes in to claim her. (and yes she actually will go up and not be put down)

the wedding this weekend was great. we missed the actual wedding itself (darn military time on the invitation), but we did make it to the reception and that was fun. i got to see a lot of people i haven't seen in years. it was really nice to catch up. i even got to hear all the fun gossip about who's doing what and who's gotten married and everything. really scary thing is that at least 6 people i graduated with are now married. i feel old and really single. it was really nice to see my brother too. he was the best man in the wedding and was in full uniform (army captain). he and the groom are both military and saluted each other at the alter. (at least this is what i heard seeing as how i missed the ceremony....grrrrr....)

shelley j
sigma k
Old 07-29-2004, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I haveCRAMPS.Do I really need to say anything else?
Old 07-30-2004, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I went to see the new METALLICA documentary with my boyfriend today so that was interesting.

I might go to Disneyland tomorrow. It all depends on how I'm feeling. Or we might end up going to see The Village.

My darn manicure is ruined. I managed to chip or break 5 of my nails. My hands look like crap. I need to get these acrylics removed b/c they are addicting & getting too expensive.

I have cramps.

Pet Peeve: People who buy stuff at a store then hold up the lines b/c they argue over the price of each and every item they buy. Then they insist that the item was cheaper b/c they got it on the Clearance rack even though it clearly didn't belong there. UGH!!! Made me miss Blue Collar TV. Damn woman at Target. Then she decided that she wanted to pay .07 cents in pennies, half with a check, and the rest with her Target card. OMG!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I haven't posted on this specific thread, so here's my contribution:

The summer started out great...I was relaxing, wathcing movies, spending time with the family, and I was dating this awesome guy and things were going perfectly! Then, I had my wisdom teeth taken out and had jury duty the VERY next day (I ended up getting selected so I spent two days of my life listening to an old woman cry about owing someone money). After, my summer was back to normal, and then out of nowhere, I get dumped three weeks later. Why do guys have to be such babies??? What was his excuse? "Its not you, its me." Whatever...I was totally heartbroken and crushed. I'm doing better now-the two of us are still friends and he calls occaisionally, but I'm so confused! He sometimes acts like he wants to get back together so I don't know what the heck is going on...To make things worse, this guy owes me money (as of yesterday he has given me half the money he owes me). Its one thing to get dumped and then move on eventually, but since he owes me money I still have to deal with him so its making it really hard to start getting over him. Moral of my story: DON'T EVER LOAN YOUR BOYFRIEND MONEY! I know I'll get it back pretty soon, but its still stressful because I don't know when exactly I will get it back. UGH! That pretty much brings me up to today...I have a week and a half left of summer school (I'm taking Baroque and Rococo Art History) so I still have a paper to write and a final to study for....but on the plus side, I have 9 DAYS until I move into Zeta Omicron's NEW HOUSE!!!! woohoo!!! I do have pictures, by the way, so if anyone wants to see them, PM me your email address and I can send them to you-our house is gorgeous!!!

AZSigKap
Old 07-30-2004, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

i am working TOO MUCH.

i just got back to vegas from a 11 day long trip in my home of upstate new york ... and am deeply depressed, and i dont know why. ive been gone from ny for almost 2 years... all i did was complain about having to go for such a long time last week, and as soon as i had to leave i cried like a baby, and am still crying?? maybe because there is a special boy who i saw for only the 2nd time in 2 years while i was there ....

roomies car broke down, she works on the strip in caesars palace at guess, and doesnt get out tonite til 3 am... guess who gets to pick her up !!! and guess when that person has to go to work the next morning... 9am ! oh holler

laundry til i DIE.

have a crazy batmitsvah to go to for the guy at school who does all of our letters for us .... his daughters .. next saturday, just found out i dont think i have a date - which is fine because i dont want to go with the kid i am supposed to go with - and found out that its like a black tieish event - which means poor me has to go find a nice cocktail dress thing to wear for 3 hours while im just completley bombed - because ladies, this IS an open bar event

found out this super nice guy i work with is being sent to fort irwin in cali on aug 13th, because his nat'l guard section thing he is in just got ACTIVATED.. god when is kerry going to win so we can end this war???

and thats about it ladies ....

OH ! BUT I AM HAPPY BECAUSE I HAVE LOVELY LADIES TO SHARE THINGS LIKE THIS WITH .....
and i had some kick ass ice cream from coldstone last night while watching starsky and hutch with my mommy and the roomie
Old 07-31-2004, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Today was an alright day....I spent it at the new house helping the Corp. Board organize everything and move the furniture around. Everything was great until myself and another girl started going through this room where the movers put all the chapter boxes (which still need to get unpacked). We have about ten HUGE boxes of textbooks donated by former Sigma Kappas throughout the years so what happens as I'm trying to move them? I drop one on my toe...it did not feel too good!!! To top it off, we don't even have enough room to keep these books so now we have to take the boxes back downstairs, load them onto a truck, and drive them down the street to a used bookstore to try to sell them. But, 8 DAYS TIL I MOVE IN!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

AZSigKap
Old 08-02-2004, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

It's hot. I can't stop sweating & it's almost midnight. Weird. Maybe I'm getting sick.

Moving out tomorrow so I'm excited & nervous.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I just got back from the best birthday weekend ever! I got to visit my boyfriend (a Kappa Sig) and we went to the Space Needle, hung out on Lake Washington, and then, jewelry shopping! And no ladies, not a ring (one of these days, hopefully!), but a gold and pearl pendant to match the pearl earrings he gave me at x-mas. (And that was before he even knew why I loved pearls! Such a keeper!)

And now I'm 24 (YIKES!) and I'll be moving back into the Chapter house in a week or so. Yes, I'll be living with 18 year olds, and yes it's really getting hard, and weird. But hey, I love my sisters, even if they were born when I was in 1st grade.... ok, now I really do feel old.