GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,332
1 members and 2,331 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

exceptions in sorority change?...please help.

Last edited by tpagirl10; 03-02-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpagirl10 View Post
My freshman year (first semester), I pledged and was initiated into a NPC sorority. I was initiated and then a few weeks later, I became really sick and had to drop out of not only that school, but school altogether. I have been dealing with those medical issues since then. That was over a year ago and I am finally going back to school, but not the same school. I searched for active chapters of the same sorority in various schools, but none of those schools are possibilities for me. There were only closed chapters in schools that I would/could go to. I understand that NPC has rules preventing switching sororities. But I feel as if I never even got to participate in one. I grew close to a few girls in my sorority and the chapter will always hold a special place in my heart. Even the idea of deactivating is something I am still trying to deal with. I made a commitment to them, which is not something I take lightly. But the idea of never being able to be a part of Greek life again is truly upsetting, especially since I was never fully a part of my current one. Do you think NPC would ever make any exceptions? Thanks.
No.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

You can't initiate into another NPC or NPHC sorority. There may be some others that would accept you though, like local sororities. Otherwise, if you left your NPC sorority in good standing (dues up to date), then you can be an active alum.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

If you are a Theta Phi, PM me. I can help you find alumnae associations and other resources.

Θ Φ Α

Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

And although they aren't a substitute, there are some great service and special interest sororities/fraternities out there that may be able to fill a void.