GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 09-10-2019, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation What does a person have to do?

I have tried to contact every super moderator and moderator on GC to help me with something specific, and I have had little to no luck so far. I am not trying to be pushy in anyway, I just am new to the site and really unsure with how things work. I really need some assistance and would appreciate any help from a moderator in Greek Life to reach back out to me!

UPDATE: issue has been resolved. thanks to the moderators who contacted me!

Last edited by anongreek; 09-11-2019 at 03:57 PM. Reason: re-worded; incorrect usage of a word
Old 09-10-2019, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anongreek View Post
I have tried to contact every super moderator and moderator on this site to help me with something, and I have had little to no luck. I really need some assistance and would appreciate any help from a moderator in Greek Life to reach back out to me!
Give them some grace and time to reply to you. We are all working people with jobs that do not always allow us to play on GC during the day. Be patient. And appreciative.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I do definitely understand. I am just fairly new on this site, and I cannot even see where the messages are going once they are sent (they do not show up in my "sent" folder). So, I did not know if I am doing something wrong.
I re-worded my original post in an effort to alter the original tone, that was not intended.
I did not mean to come off as unappreciative, or lacking grace.
I did not necessarily think my original message conveyed that tone, but I re-worded just to be sure.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:30 PM

I have taken care of the situation.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 09-10-2019, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much for your help LaneSig! I appreciate you.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

I just removed the thread. I thought it was of worthy educational value, but balancing against OP's privacy and goals, it's best just to delete.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-11-2019, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Thank you!

I agree Kevin, but thank you for all of your help, in addition to LaneSig's help.

I appreciate you both.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anongreek View Post
I have tried to contact every super moderator and moderator on GC to help me with something specific, and I have had little to no luck so far. I am not trying to be pushy in anyway, I just am new to the site and really unsure with how things work. I really need some assistance and would appreciate any help from a moderator in Greek Life to reach back out to me!

UPDATE: issue has been resolved. thanks to the moderators who contacted me!

To be fair, from the time you messaged me to the time you created this thread, all of 21 minutes had elapsed. I generally only have an opportunity to check GreekChat once per day if I'm lucky, as I am otherwise engaged during the day as a supervising Professional Engineer with my own work load to manage in addition to the direct reports I supervise; in the evenings my wife and four children have a priority claim on my time. A response from any volunteer moderator within 20 minutes or less is, regrettably, not a reasonable expectation. We do the best we can and appreciate your patience.

That being said, I'm happy that the situation was resolved and extend my thanks to LaneSig and to Kevin for your assistance.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I completely understand, and was definitely not trying to be unappreciative or unreasonable (although it may have come off that way). I completely understand other things come first!
I just wasn't even sure if my messages were going through (I couldn't find them anywhere--like in a sent folder or anything) -- and when I reached out to someone for help, initially, they kept pointing me to different people. Which, was wholly my fault, because I did not have a great understanding of exactly how the site worked, and reached out to the wrong people, but after some members explained it to me, I understood who exactly I needed to contact and got everything resolved.

Thanks for your response & to everyone else who also reached out and helped!
Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

I'm a teacher. Missed 4 days with the flu and 2 days with the Hurricane, so trying to get caught up with school duties. That being said, I try to check GC every morning around 6- I leave for school at 6:30. I never rec'd a message from you.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

FSUZeta

I was brand new to the site and didn't really even know what a moderator/supermoderator was or what they did until some people explained it to me and who to get in contact with. Now I kind of have a mental list of who to contact if I need anything though! Mainly was just having a hard time navigating the site and how to get help! Thanks for your reply! & I hope you feel better soon!