GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,133
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodapolarisnupe

Old 05-21-2002, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Roll Call!!!

Time to get things hopping around the KKG forum again.... so sound off with your info.

username: imsohappythatiama
real first name: Kristen
initiation date: 4/8/1995
home chapter: Delta Chapter, Indiana University
currently serving the Fraternity as: Adviser to the VP-O of Epsilon Epsilon Chapter/Emory, and Moderator of this forum.

Home chapter claim to fame: Longest continous active Kappa chapter in the country--since 1872 without pause! Go Delta! Our early chapter members wrote most of the initiation ritual, came up with the 2 blues of sky and sea for the official colors, and helped design the Fraternity seal!

About me: I grew up in Florida, went to college in Indiana, grad school in Iowa (where I advised the Beta Zeta chapter). Then I moved to Boston (where I advised the Zeta Alpha chapter). I also long-distance advised Zeta Rho chapter! After that, I served as Province Director of Chapters for Nu-West during a 2-year stint in Nashville. I now live in Atlanta, where I advise the VP-O of Epsilon Epsilon chapter.

I am also a charter member of the "Keepers of the Key" (now known as the Golden Key Alumnae Association) which is a group of Kappas who are dedicated to keeping KKG badges and other important sisters-only items in the Kappa family.

Loyally,

Kristen

Last edited by imsohappythatiama; 09-29-2006 at 09:48 AM. Reason: updated
Old 05-21-2002, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to vukkg
Re: Roll Call!!!

Initiated 2/23/2001
Eta Delta Chapter, Valparaiso University
Currently serving as New Member Education Chairman and as a member of standards

Home chapter claim to fame: My chapter is still a baby...i think we're now the 2nd or 3rd youngest in the country!

Favorite thing about Kappa: Diversity of personality all blending into...the perfect woman!

Kappa thing that needs the most improvement: Adviser support! I have to agree with Kristen....currently, my chapter ( a new one, nonetheless,) only has 1 advisor. WE NEED HELP! We got a council full of sophomores running it all!

Loyally,

vukkg

Last edited by vukkg; 04-02-2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JeffersonStKKG
re-post (a little long..sorry, ladies)

Username: JeffersonStKKG; my chapter was located on campus off of Jefferson. St.

Initiation date: Although I graduated in '04, I was P/C '02 because I had been wrapped up in playing vball for my school...until an injury my second season.

Chapter: Epsilon Zeta/FSU

Currently Serving: I am a member of the Alumni Association of the Palm Beaches; regarding committees, I have been on the phone-tree and have made myself available to whomever needs me.

Past office: I served as my P/C's Standards rep. for two years. Although not an offical office, I was assistant to our Marshall.

House information: My sorority house is the newest house on campus, built in 1961, often described as a Plantation Mansion, and is the only white house on campus. We have the third largest house on campus and the only sorority house with a backyard. Finally, we are the only house to have a "paint room" in the basement--tech. the first floor-- (by the chapter and study rooms); most Greeks ask permission to use the room for their banners. As tradition goes, during the close of I-Week, before Friday, we have the current pledge class paint their names/year on the walls of the paint room. We (used to) have a "new member" room on the third floor: it is the largest room and served as a "refuge" for any new sisters wanting to sleep over or hang out and when had visiting sisters and reps. from Ntl's., the room transformed into a "guest room." To the best of my knowledge, we still have a CC who lives in the room. My chapter hosted Province, I believe, 3 years ago and were recognized twice at Province meetings for Gracious Living.

Chapter information: While I was active, we won overall-Homecoming twice and Dance Marathon once---the two biggest events on campus for Greeks and other organizations. My P/C had been the largest in years with 50 pnm's; since '02, however, the chapter has grown. At my school, the chapter quota was large due to a house with a little less or maybe a little more than 200 active sisters; accordingly, (including graduating seniors) our chapter was "medium-sized," with anywhere from 80-110 sisters. The ladies of Epsilon Zeta, yes "EZ",support all of the Greek-life philanthropies and take pride in representing Kappa on campus. Relay For Life at FSU was started by a Kappa. At the end of each semester, we have a Kozy celebrating graduating seniors and at which time Big/Key sisters are given their paddles and Lil/Key sisters are given handmade (by the Big/Key) owls w/the sister's name on them and scrapbooks. Most "families" have traditions as to the design of the Owl; for example, mine looked looked like a bowling pin (haha, bless Erica's heart) and had a bow around it's neck, while other families make owls that resemble disfigured ETs..hahaha.

About me:As aforementioned, I played volleyball for FSU from '99-'02. I was a member of two other sorority-esque organizations on campus: "Lady Spirithunters" (a group of selected women who promote FSU spirit throughout the community) and the "Garnet and Gold Guides" (we were chosen to be hostesses for potential football and basketball recruits and their families while they met coaches and toured the campus)

I still live in the "bubble" I was born and raised in, Boca Raton, Florida. As aforementioned, I joined an AA as well as outside organizations, such as the Jr. League. In the fall, I will be entering my 4th year of work towards earning a doctorate in psychology. Aside from my alum. work with Kappa, I am involved with my alma mater as a Booster, AA member and a class of distinction with my school's Foundation.

I,too, am a self-professed Kappa-holic and enjoy collecting shirts from other chapters as well as memorbilia and regular sorority item (I SCORED when I visited FSU last weekend b/c the Greek Store had all sorority items marked half off since they're prepping to order items for Recruitment in August and, on top of that, one woman made a gift bucket of Kappa items for me, free of charge. I'm a taaaaad obsessed with the blue of the sky and the blue of the sea. With that said, one of my best friends and I are trying to find an open block in our schedule to visit Headquarters, Museum and the Stewart House---we want to get in touch with our roots. Hopefully we can set dates for everything and would love to meet up w/other Kappas throughout the country!

KLove,
Julie
Old 04-12-2007, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Girls!!

I'm from the Alpha Chapter at Monmouth College. Just thought I'd say hey to my fellow Kappas!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Roll call details

Name: Kati
Date initiated: 1/21/89
Chapter: Beta Zeta at the University of Iowa
Service to KKG: Chapter Adviser and Advisory Board Chair at Iowa 3 years; current ABC at Trinity College
Old 04-20-2007, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NikkiB
hey JeffersonStKKG, it was awesome to read all that!

username: NikkiB
real first name: Nikki
initiation date: 10/14/2006
home chapter: Epsilon Zeta, Florida State
currently serving the Fraternity as:I'm on the house committee, lol

Home chapter claim to fame: We rock at everything haha, we've won Greek Idol, Theta Chi's kickball tournament and other various philanthropy events. I think we rock

About me: I lived in Indiana until I was 9, then moved to Florida. I'm the first of my family to attend college, and of course,the first to go Greek. I think Kappa is the best thing that ever happened to me, and I love my sisters all over the world. I also recently got TKE lavaliered
Old 10-05-2007, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Allie
Date initiated: Jan. 1992
Chapter: Delta Beta (Duke)
Service to KKG: VP - Standards (is it still called that?)
Old 07-09-2007, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

username: yalenole
real first name: Kathy
initiation date: 4/18/1971
home chapter: Epsilon Zeta, Florida State
currently serving the Fraternity as: House Board President/Treasurer

We still have a new member room on the 3rd floor. We are replacing all the windows on the 2nd and 3rd floor this week!

We just hired a new house director and are lookinking forward to her being with us. She was a ZTA at FSU!!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Username: Fleur de Lis

Initiation date: 3/24/2002

Home chapter: Epsilon Epsilon, Emory

Home chapter claim to fame: Emory has won a lot of awards at convention and continues to do very well in recruitment. Anytime I tell someone my chapter they seem to know about us.

Favorite thing about Kappa: I have moved a lot and always found a home in Kappa. It is so easy to get involved by advising or through an alumnae association.

Things Kappa needs to work on: Getting actives and alumnae to work together. When I graduated, I didn't realize the impact Kappa would have on me as an alum. I have served as alumnae reference chair, and alumnae need to be more proactive about helping out our actives by writing references and advising.

Last edited by Fleur de Lis; 09-19-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

EZ love !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffersonStKKG View Post
Username: JeffersonStKKG; my chapter was located on campus off of Jefferson. St.

Initiation date: Although I graduated in '04, I was P/C '02 because I had been wrapped up in playing vball for my school...until an injury my second season.

Chapter: Epsilon Zeta/FSU

Currently Serving: I am a member of the Alumni Association of the Palm Beaches; regarding committees, I have been on the phone-tree and have made myself available to whomever needs me.

Past office: I served as my P/C's Standards rep. for two years. Although not an offical office, I was assistant to our Marshall.

House information: My sorority house is the newest house on campus, built in 1961, often described as a Plantation Mansion, and is the only white house on campus. We have the third largest house on campus and the only sorority house with a backyard. Finally, we are the only house to have a "paint room" in the basement--tech. the first floor-- (by the chapter and study rooms); most Greeks ask permission to use the room for their banners. As tradition goes, during the close of I-Week, before Friday, we have the current pledge class paint their names/year on the walls of the paint room. We (used to) have a "new member" room on the third floor: it is the largest room and served as a "refuge" for any new sisters wanting to sleep over or hang out and when had visiting sisters and reps. from Ntl's., the room transformed into a "guest room." To the best of my knowledge, we still have a CC who lives in the room. My chapter hosted Province, I believe, 3 years ago and were recognized twice at Province meetings for Gracious Living.

Chapter information: While I was active, we won overall-Homecoming twice and Dance Marathon once---the two biggest events on campus for Greeks and other organizations. My P/C had been the largest in years with 50 pnm's; since '02, however, the chapter has grown. At my school, the chapter quota was large due to a house with a little less or maybe a little more than 200 active sisters; accordingly, (including graduating seniors) our chapter was "medium-sized," with anywhere from 80-110 sisters. The ladies of Epsilon Zeta, yes "EZ",support all of the Greek-life philanthropies and take pride in representing Kappa on campus. Relay For Life at FSU was started by a Kappa. At the end of each semester, we have a Kozy celebrating graduating seniors and at which time Big/Key sisters are given their paddles and Lil/Key sisters are given handmade (by the Big/Key) owls w/the sister's name on them and scrapbooks. Most "families" have traditions as to the design of the Owl; for example, mine looked looked like a bowling pin (haha, bless Erica's heart) and had a bow around it's neck, while other families make owls that resemble disfigured ETs..hahaha.

About me:As aforementioned, I played volleyball for FSU from '99-'02. I was a member of two other sorority-esque organizations on campus: "Lady Spirithunters" (a group of selected women who promote FSU spirit throughout the community) and the "Garnet and Gold Guides" (we were chosen to be hostesses for potential football and basketball recruits and their families while they met coaches and toured the campus)

I still live in the "bubble" I was born and raised in, Boca Raton, Florida. As aforementioned, I joined an AA as well as outside organizations, such as the Jr. League. In the fall, I will be entering my 4th year of work towards earning a doctorate in psychology. Aside from my alum. work with Kappa, I am involved with my alma mater as a Booster, AA member and a class of distinction with my school's Foundation.

I,too, am a self-professed Kappa-holic and enjoy collecting shirts from other chapters as well as memorbilia and regular sorority item (I SCORED when I visited FSU last weekend b/c the Greek Store had all sorority items marked half off since they're prepping to order items for Recruitment in August and, on top of that, one woman made a gift bucket of Kappa items for me, free of charge. I'm a taaaaad obsessed with the blue of the sky and the blue of the sea. With that said, one of my best friends and I are trying to find an open block in our schedule to visit Headquarters, Museum and the Stewart House---we want to get in touch with our roots. Hopefully we can set dates for everything and would love to meet up w/other Kappas throughout the country!

KLove,
Julie

I'm a new EZ kappa!

Last edited by FSUkappaLOVE; 09-08-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Kappa Gamma Roll Call!

finally getting this mess edited and looking proper

username: KappaStargirl, taken from a pin I got from a TC when I was a junior that says "Kappa Star"

Name: Carlie, called Kappa Kappa Carlie in college

Chapter: Zeta Epsilon, Lawrence University

Initiated: April 2, 1996

Currently advising Zeta Eta at the University of California-Irvine

Home chapter claim to fame: One of the 12 original chapters chosen to pilot the New Member Program in 1996-97, winner of the 2002 Recruitment Award for campuses with 5 or fewer Panhellenic Groups, winner of the 1998 New Member Ed. award...
and I have to say that ZE has the prettiest Convention flag, I got MANY compliments when I carried it in 1998

About me: Grew up just outside Chicago, went to college in Appleton, Wisconsin. Attended grad school in Pittsburgh, PA, and now live in northern New Jersey. I'm a librarian and professional book reviewer, and my fiance (SigEpRaider) is convinced I'm going to write the Great American Novel someday. I advise Zeta Beta, Lafayette College (VP-O).

Favorite thing about Kappa: You never have to be alone. I just made my second cross-country move in 13 months, and all I had to do to meet people was contact the alum association.

Thing that needs the most work: More expansion into small liberal arts colleges and support for small chapters (40 members or less)

Loyally delsigmata,

Carlie

Last edited by KappaStargirl; 05-06-2003 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, I'm Kerri and I'm a proud member of the Epsilon Zeta chapter of KKG at Florida State University. I was initiated 3/3/01.

I'm a Theatre major with a Psychology minor, graduating in the spring of 2003 (eek, so soon!)
Old 11-06-2006, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NikkiB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriMarie View Post
Hi, I'm Kerri and I'm a proud member of the Epsilon Zeta chapter of KKG at Florida State University. I was initiated 3/3/01.

I'm a Theatre major with a Psychology minor, graduating in the spring of 2003 (eek, so soon!)

so I randomly found this website and I'm a newly iniated member of the Epsilon Zeta chapter at Florida State!! 10/14/06

I just wanted to say that I'm glad I found this site/forum, and that I'm sooo happy to be a Kappa
Old 05-23-2002, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi to all the Kappas!

Greekchat name: PKTKKG (my husband is a Phi Kappa Tau)

Chapter: Epsilon Kappa - initiated 1/28/89

Current Alum Job: EK House Board President (we're building for 2003!!)

Epsilon Kappa has been at South Carolina 35 years this past February!

I'll be attending my 4th Kappa Convention next month in Orlando. I'm very excited about it too!

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!
Old 06-03-2002, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to EmilyKKG
username: emilykkg

real first name: Emily, no way!

Initiated: 3/4/00
Kappa Chapter, Hillsdale College

Currently serving: New Member Chairman, Standards Committee, Ritual Committee, House Committee (b/c I am the outgoing house chair).. they call me "super Kappa".. I wonder why!

Home chapter claim to fame: Known as "THE" Kappa Chapter, we've been around since 1881. We won the Standards award at Province Meeting and are hoping for something at Convention in June. We always have a GREAT advisory board and house board and the best advisors any chapter could ask for.

Loyally,

Emily