GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,133
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodapolarisnupe

Old 08-10-2001, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SoExited@FSU
Question "Yeah, Big South!"

I'll be rushing as a Freshman at Florida State in the fall. (Formal Rush) After reading some of the posts from Alabama and UF, I'm beginning to question my preparedness, going to a huge Southern school and all. I have 2 TriDelt recs, 1 KDelt rec, and a local Panhellenic rec/Introduction thingee for every sorority @ FSU. Will I be alright with these or should I try to get personal recs for each, too? In addition to the recs, I plan on doing my research for each sorority- Do you think I'll be okay for a bid...maybe? I know nothing's guaranteed, but I'm want to do everything I can to increase my chances!!!
Old 08-09-2001, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

No matter how many recs you get or how much research you do, getting a bid comes down to how you click with the sisters in a particular house and how they, in turn, feel about you.

The best advice anyone can give is to BE YOURSELF. Dress nicely, be polite, be interested in what the sisters have to say, and feel free to ask questions about anything associated with the sorority house you're visiting. That's about it in a nutshell. Good luck!!!!

Carrie
Delta Zeta
Old 08-09-2001, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Definitely do your research. Each of the 26 NPC groups has a website, and usually has links to individual chapter sites. Compare philanthropies, membership criteria, etc. Of course, the important thing is the way you feel at each house, but research is definitely important.

Best of luck!

Old 08-09-2001, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
CHeck out the FSU Greek Life Web site. Not all the local chapter pages are linked though. Case in point, ZTA's local page is:
http://www.tallahasseezta.org

You can link to the FSU site from there. Letters of reference are the responsibility of the chapter, not the potential new member. You can read more about letters of reference on the FSU Greek Life site.

Barbara
Rush Forum Moderator
Old 08-09-2001, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

SoExited@FSU,

I have a very good friend who is in a sorority at FSU. We talked this summer about Greek Life at FSU and I remember her specifically saying... Recs are helpful, but they are not a requirement at FSU to receive a bid. They are used more as a reference, than a requirement as they are at other big Southern schools.

Good Luck!!

Old 08-10-2001, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

SoExcited@FSU---
I just became an alum of a sorority at FSU and I can tell you that recs will not make or break you during the rush process. It never hurts to have the recs but you won't be denied a bid if you don't have one. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions. Good luck!!!