GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,426
2 members and 2,424 guests
navane, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-20-2008, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Weird roommate stories

Well, this girl isn't my roommate as we don't actually share a room, but sharing a house with her is bad enough.

She has some of the "normal" annoying roommate qualities like playing loud music...she also cooks stuff that smells like crap ALL the time. I'm not even kidding. It's that bad. Crap. Literally.

The weirdest of weird happened a few weeks ago: She likes to do yoga in the backyard, which is totally fine by me. Most of us walk through the backyard when we come home, and one day, I came across her doing yoga topless. Ummm...hello??? You're in a communal space!

Oh, and she has a book called "What Your Poop Is Telling You" in her bathroom. I hid it when we had a COB event here.

Ok, I know you have a weird roommate story, too. Share it!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-20-2008, 04:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Roomie my freshman year was the hermit of the century. Chick NEVER left the room for more than 10 minutes (except for class). On top of that she NEVER showered. And, I'm serious--N-E-V-E-R! I asked her about it one time and she said that she waits until late at night because she doesn't want anyone else in there while she showered. Well, I stayed up until she went to bed 3 nights in a row--and you guessed! SHE NEVER SHOWERED. And, to top it off, she didn't do laundry. I saw her do it once the entire year. She would just buy a new pack of undies every so often....but continue to wear the same dirty clothes.

Seriously, you could smell my room coming down the hallway. And, I'm not kidding. I used to gag every time I entered the room.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a roommate Alyssa who never did dishes. At the beginning of the year, the other roommate Karen and I would do whatever extra dishes were in the sink...like "Oh I'm here at the sink. I'll just wash you plate and fork too. And you can get it next time." After awhile, we realized that Alyssa was never doing dishes so we decided that we were going to just leave her dishes in the sink and see if she notices. She didn't. By the end of the semester, you couldn't even use the sink because it was completely full with her dishes. Finally, Karen gave in and did all those dishes. Also, Alyssa was on the Atkins diet and used her George Foreman grill for everything. However, she never cleaned it. Karen and I were the ones who were always cleaning it when it got really gunky, even though never of us used it. Alyssa would also go out to the bars on weeknights. I don't have a problem with that as long as the roommate keeps it down when she's coming in at 2am. Well, one night, I went to bed early because I had a biochem exam the next morning. A little after 2am, I hear her and some drunk guy coming in and being really noisy. I was so pissed off. The next day, my other roommate told me the whole story. Apparently, some creepy drunk guy was following Alyssa home from the bars. And instead of trying to lose him, she lets him follow her to our apartment. When they get to our door, she tries to get him to leave but he's being all loud. So what does my genius roommate do? Does she leave the creepy loud drunk guy out in the hall? NO, SHE LETS HIM IN!!! Then, he tells her he wants to have sex with her, but she doesn't want to, so there's all this commotion as she's trying to get him to leave (when she wouldn't have had this problem if she hadn't let the creepy guy into our apartment). I got even more pissed off after my roommate told me the whole story. I was like "It's one thing if she wants to be self-destructive. It's one thing if she wants to put herself in harm's way. But it's really effed up for her to be putting her roommates at risk too. She didn't know the guy. She felt like he was creepy. Yet, she let him into our apartment! He could have been a murderer or a rapist!"

When I was living in the dorms, I was in a double and I was supposed to have a roommate. She didn't show up. Classes started. She still didn't show up. There were letters addressed to her being delivered to our mailbox. Still, no roommate. I was thrilled that I had a double to myself but didn't have to pay extra. However, it was kinda weird. Towards the end of the semester, she finally shows up, but without any stuff to move in (like bedding, tv, computer, clothes, etc.). She looks frazzled and upset. She tells me that if anyone ever calls and asks for her, not to tell them she had ever been there. Then she starts making calls on the dorm room phone. I had to leave for class, but I was kinda scared about leaving my laptop and all my other stuff there with her. I go to class, and when I come back, she's gone. However, she's left her jacket. So I think that she might be coming back, at least to get her jacket. But I never saw her again. I still don't know what was going on with her, but my friends came up with all sorts of theories.

PSimissU
Old 03-20-2008, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I shared an apartment in San Marcos with the daughter of a prominent Austin Baptist preacher. She stole my food (even after I made a point of labeling my food), my MAKE-UP(!), but the final straw was when I woke up in the bedroom we shared to find a man who was not her fiance in bed with her. That was it - I moved out.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

My Jr. year housemate was a militant atheist. I wasn't heavy into the church thing at the time, but I was still a Christian. She would make me "reading lists" on the bathroom wall with soap crayons. They were mostly atheist propaganda. That I could ignore...however I did get irritated when she took her birds in the shower with her. Her birds were her babies, and in order to live in the house with her, I had to read a "manual" the size of a textbook on how to care for her birds. She would eat chicken noodle soup, but since she was a vegetarian, she would feed the chicken to her cat.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Haha wow, crazy stories, ladies. I can't wait til June!!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
I think there was another thread like this that had some really good stories in it. I'm currently looking for a roomate so sometimes these are good learning tools!

KLTC
Old 03-20-2008, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a terrible roommate my freshman year. I truly believe the admissions people picked the two most opposite people in the apps and decided to see how funny it might get. I'm not religious but I am not an atheist either. However, my roommate was a true blue born again Christian. The Christian sayings all over the room didn't even bother me. I wasn't offended even when she said it's unfortunate I was a democrat.

ETA: I once asked her why she was always smiling and perky. She told me that no one should ever see her sad and that regardless of how upset she was, she "needed to always be smiling".
Go Chi O!

Last edited by lillady85; 10-25-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: forgot something else creepy
Old 03-20-2008, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillady85 View Post
ETA: I once asked her why she was always smiling and perky. She told me that no one should ever see her sad and that regardless of how upset she was, she "needed to always be smiling".
Wowwwww issues much? Everyone gets sad. It happens! This part of your story weirded me out the most.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Have you ever been with someone (as in, knew them or were talking to them) who was bi-polar during their manic period? This is how she was all the time.
Go Chi O!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:57 PM

During my freshman year, I got shoehorned into a "crowded double" - i.e. they stick 3 people in a room intended as a double.

Roommate #1 and I had the same first name. Whenever anyone called to talk to either of us, she ASSumed the call was for her - "Oh hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!". She's also one of those people who won't admit she doesn't know who the person on the other end is (no caller ID) so she'd spin them out until she figured out who they were. She once talked to one of my sorority sisters for five minutes before she figured out she was from my sorority, not hers.

Roommate #2 was cool until she started dating the guy down the hall. We'd established a "no sexile" rule - no overnight male guests - but she would constantly be making out with him in our room, in his room, in the floor lounge, etc. It was very disgusting. And then she'd get all huffy when Roommate #1 or I asked him to leave because we wanted to sleep.

And, Roommate #2's boyfriend was a racist. He poisoned both my roommates' minds. It wasn't long before they wouldn't give me the time of day.

The up side to this was that I landed a sweet single mid-spring-semester (and freshmen do NOT get singles in that dorm) and the "twins" had to move to a different floor, because if they'd stayed on the same floor, they would be in a crowded double again with some random frosh. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
Freshman year I had the distinct honor of having Daniel (aka Donkey), as my first roomate. All sterotypes apply here, country bumpkin, poor hygiene, clothes had never seen a washer and dryer before, and this was just before Febreze took the world by storm. The worst incident involving him was on Halloween when me and my girlfriend were awoken at 2:33am by Sarah, the residence hall coordinator and 2 ECU police officers looking for "Donkey". Apparently he had participated in a pantyraid across campus and had destroyed the 4th floor water fountain in our hall. Needless to say he had to perform community service, pay restitution, put on academic probabtion, and was kicked out of school with no fanfare with a GPA of 1.6.

Last edited by pirate00; 03-20-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
... On top of that she NEVER showered. And, I'm serious--N-E-V-E-R! I asked her about it one time and she said that she waits until late at night because she doesn't want anyone else in there while she showered. Well, I stayed up until she went to bed 3 nights in a row--and you guessed! SHE NEVER SHOWERED...
Sounds like one of my roommates freshman year! I ended up in a triple and one of the girls didn't shower for three or four days in a row. She would wake up early, go to softball practice, come back, nap, go to class, go to practice again, nap, go to her mandatory library hours, nap, get dressed, go to a club with her friends, come back, sleep and do it all again the next day! It was naaaaasty.

Last edited by Scully; 03-20-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Why don't people shower? Why? I just don't understand.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Like AlwaysSAI, I had a roommate my sophmore year who didn't do laundry. She would just take clothing off & put it back in her drawers or the closet. In her own words, she also "didn't like to shower while she was on her cycle". The heifer was nasty.

I did it to myself though. Housing used to have us stand in line to turn in our roommate cards. I was going to let the school pick my roommate because I didn't care who I had. She was behind me in line, introduced herself, and asked if I would like to be her roommate because she didn't want a crazy person. That right there should have been a red flag, but I agreed. It turned out that she knew who I was all along because she had a crush on the boyfriend that I had at the time. However, I didn't find out about that until much later.

Over the summer, the school sent us each other's phone numbers and addresses so that we discuss things to bring when school started or whatever. She would call for no reason at all. Still, I didn't see the signs. Moving right along to sharing a room...
Once, she had a rash on her neck & put Lysol on it saying "you know Lysol kills germs". There's a difference between antibacterial & disinfectant, dummy.

One day, I bought some boots & jeans. She bought the exact same jeans & boots the next day. She followed suit another week with a shirt I bought. She would say my hair was pretty. One time she hit me with the "one night while you're sleeping I'll cut off all your hair, dye it black, and when people ask 'where'd you get that pretty hair from? I'll say: from IlovemyAKA'". I remember this verbatim because it was one of the craziest things I had ever heard. She would join the same RSOs that I was in.
My friends would say she'd turn out like the crazy chick on "Single White Female". She would try to hold conversations with them on the phone when they called for me.

There's probably more. My friends & I joked about her all year long.

ETA: I forgot that one time after we lived together, I was riding with a friend who said "oh, there's Crazy's car". We kept going before she saw us, or so we thought. Once we get back to my friend's house, she gets a call on her landline. It was Crazy. She got the number from a friend to "discuss a project for an RSO". She asked for me when she called. I didn't even live there. She went on to say "I saw you and your friend at the store. I couldn't back up to say Hi, so I got the number to call to say Hi once I thought you two had made it back in".

Last edited by IlovemyAKA; 03-21-2008 at 09:07 PM.