GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,411
3 members and 1,408 guests
aagelusasd8172

Old 03-01-2013, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Alleged Beating at SMU Sigma Phi Epsilon -- Four Students Suspened

An alleged beating at the Southern Methodist Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity has resulted in the suspension of four students pending the outcome of the case. See

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/214368...ernity-beating
Old 03-03-2013, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Are they Fraternity members or did they happen to be partying there? That wasn't specified.

Also, I like that, even though this is negative Greek news, just under this story was a link to the Trans-surgery that the Boston fraternity is raising funds for.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

They were all Sig Ep pledges. They caught Lambda Chi pledges trying to paint their door on a Saturday night. Chased and caught one of the Lambda Chi pledges and beat him up pretty bad (he is a friend of my son's) and held him overnight at the Sig Ep house. The chapter is on temporary suspension with the decision coming down in the next couple of days as to if they are going to be allowed to stay on campus.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

More info: http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...ce_crimina.php
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't get over how brutal this is.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I just realized, this is reaalllyyy not-so-good press with Conclave (our bi-annual national convention) being just outside of Dallas this year. I'm sure the community will be absolutely thrilled to have 5,000 (or whatever the number is) of us crawling around the area...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Unfortunately, this is the second instance that involved a Sig Ep at SMU this school year - not sure when your Conclave is but his trial is suppose to be coming up in the next couple of months. That particular student has ties back to the founders of SMU so I have a feeling that there will be heavy news coverage (if it goes to trial).
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

SMU Sig EP

What a bad call by the Sig Ep Pledges. Why didn't someone stop this. I predict Sig Ep will leave campus or get killed in rush next year. Lots of bad press for this chapter.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WregleXO View Post
Unfortunately, this is the second instance that involved a Sig Ep at SMU this school year - not sure when your Conclave is but his trial is suppose to be coming up in the next couple of months. That particular student has ties back to the founders of SMU so I have a feeling that there will be heavy news coverage (if it goes to trial).
First week of August. Probably perfect timing, right?