GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,403
0 members and 1,403 guests
No Members online

Old 04-08-2013, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
^^^ Why doesn't he ask again? It seems like they're taking advantage of him.
I think it's a combination of the "guy thing" - too much pride, and the fact that he's about as confrontational as a squirrel with social anxiety disorder. He said it about killed him to ask the first time. I doubt he'd get much further anyway, since he'd have to ask the son who doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Nothing like a sister in the chapter you advise casually mentioning that although we went to the same high school we don't know too many people in common because I graduated "way before" she did.

ಠ_ಠ
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM

Got home from a great weekend in Nashville. Youngest son performed onstage at the Grand Ole Opry, his show choir came in 2nd runner up (that's 3rd in the show choir world!), and much fun was had by all.

Only damper was that puppy girl had a really rough time with us gone. To be fair, she's not boarded for a few years now as either our middle college son has come home to care for her or his friends have come in to care for her when we've had to travel. She went to the same kennel/vet complex she's gone for since we moved here in 2001, took her own food for her, they have all of her records and such. Got the call Friday morning that she wasn't eating, having problems walking (she has arthritis and some hip issues, as she's a 12+ year old Golden mix), and acting very depressed. Her regular vet checked her out so other than stiffness in the hips there were no medical issues. They did reassure us that she perked up with some extra attention, apparently she was the star of the reception area on Friday morning! Sadly, she didn't understand why she was there and where we'd gone and when were we coming to get her. Needless to say, from Friday morning on I was a complete and total mess. Since she wasn't eating they asked if we'd okay mixing canned food mixed into her regular food, of course we said yes. Luckily she was drinking her water and we'd added extra walks to her boarding visit so she already was getting some extra attention multiple times per day.

Long story short seems this stay was pretty upsetting for her and for us. Thankfully she came home today after a nice bath and pedicure and is acting like herself. Eating, drinking, bouncing, cuddling. Such a relief after such a scare! I'm already worried about what happens next year when we'll be traveling again. Yep, our dog is our 4th child, no question about that!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm severely annoyed that I have not been approved as an O2 vendor yet. I am missing out on signing up for vendor shows and other O2 reps are signing up long after I discovered the event. If I were already approved, they'd be my shows!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
One cannot deny the awesomeness of combining coupons & sales. I got $56.93 worth of merchandise for $16.61 (not deducting the $5 bounce back coupon I will be able to use on a future purchase)!! #coolpeoplecoupon
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

If I see "turnt" on more time on t_witter, people are about to get unfollowed. There are millions of legitimate words in the English language. Pick one and go with it. Making up words and then defending their legitimacy makes you look uneducated. //end of rant
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I got into my dream grad school! *happy dance*
Old 04-09-2013, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I was just elected president of the Portland Alumnae Panhellenic!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I am annoyed by people who start with "Well, THE BIBLE SAY..." I'm going off. First of all, the Bible doesn't SAY, it SAYS. And secondly, it doesn't say JACK of what's coming out of your mouth.

Also, I'm excited to try a new hair color tomorrow. It's only a couple shades warmer than my hair but the change is just enough to be subtle but noticeable.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
How is the potty training going? Hopefully she's figured out that you go on the potty pad, not right next to it. When I was potty training Teddy, I lost about 6 pounds the first week...I'd drink a Slim Fast, and run back outside with him before he did anything on the carpet. It worked, though -- he NEVER has an accident.

BTW, that peek-a-boo picture is soooo cute. I think Cavaliers are the supermodels of the dog world (but with better personalities). Every time Teddy goes to see his vet, she picks him up and snuggles him/pets him the whole time we're talking.
Her potty training is going well. She does go on the pad, fortunately for me. But, she's getting really good at asking to go out. Plus, I can tell when she has to go, because she'll walk toward her pad and look for a spot to go. By then, I'll say "No, let's go outside". She knows what "go outside" means. She's a really smart dog.

I totally agree with you. Cavs are the supermodels of the dog world. But, then again, I would say that about any dog that was mine.

Yep. One of my clients has one, and it's because of her dog that I wanted one. They are very mild mannered dogs. I mean, that also largely depends on the owner, too. But so far, all of my patients that are Cavaliers, have all been very sweet dogs.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinette View Post
Congratulations!!! It's such an awesome feeling, I hope that you're enjoying it!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
I was just elected president of the Portland Alumnae Panhellenic!
Cool! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinette View Post
Congratulations!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Some of y'all know I teach at Lone Star College - but NOT at the campus where there were stabbings today.

Stabbings.

What.the.hell.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Glad to hear you are ok! Sending prayers for the injured and their families.

Ladies and gentlemen, the great tax saga of 2013 is over! The IRS has accepted my e-return.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe I'm just getting old, but am the only person who thinks a black top that is so sheer people can see your skin and bra is inappropriate to wear while giving a presentation in class?