GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,279
0 members and 2,279 guests
No Members online

Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

CSULB Recruitment

anything to look out for or be aware of? anything special about rushing there? anything i should know about chapters or what i should know is crucial rushing there?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-25-2008, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I don't even know what CSULB stands for. California State-ULB?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
I don't even know what CSULB stands for. California State-ULB?
Long Beach

There are several SoCal GCers here (bettedaviseyes is one of them). Hopefully they'll chime in soon.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Didn't Long Beach already have their recruitment? My good friends daughter pledged DZ.

GPhiB
Old 10-27-2008, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

CSULB recruitment ended well over a month ago.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

This person is confused. First, in mid-Sept., she said that she rushed. Then in late Sept. she was saying she is going to transfer next year and wants to know how competitive the process is at CSU Northridge. Now, she's asking about Long Beach. Perhaps she is attempting to rush at all CSU campuses.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ She went through recruitment in September and didn't receive a bid. She then said she had to transfer to be with her sister at school, as her parents didn't want her sister living alone. She didn't say where her sister is going to school, or if she had decided where she would be yet... so maybe she's been back and forth with her decision?

outoftheloop... where are you actually going to school next semester/next year?

@~/~~~~
Old 10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

No, it's really relaxed. 7 sororities, no recs needed. Recruitment was done last month, but I know some chapters are CORing. Beyond that, it seems like you need to figure out what's going on with you. I used to advise there, went there, etc...This is the first year I've not helped with recruitment since I pledged.

If you go through recruitment and don't receive a bid, perhaps you should find a different way to get involved in campus life.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

turns out im not going to be transferring to northridge. i know it already ended obviously because i rushed. just wanted to know the norms of the csulb campus.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by outoftheloop View Post
turns out im not going to be transferring to northridge. i know it already ended obviously because i rushed. just wanted to know the norms of the csulb campus.
It sounds like you should probably check out COR at CSULB.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I attended CSULB for a semester and they have done things above ground, lately.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1914blue1920 View Post
Huh? We are not talking about NPHC intake, which is what I assume you are referring to.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1914blue1920 View Post
WTH? I attended Long Beach for years and don't know what the hell this is supposed to mean.

To the OP, how about you make up your own mind regarding the sororities and Greek Life in Long Beach instead of relying on the opinions of people you have never met and haven't attended the University. If you are interested in going through COB, PM me. Otherwise, try again in the fall if it's your desire.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
WTH? I attended Long Beach for years and don't know what the hell this is supposed to mean.
I could of course be wrong, but based on the poster's username and the terminology she used, that she's referring to NPHC intake. There is a difference between "underground" and "above ground" pledging on some campuses. When NPHC reformed their membership intake processes in the 80s/90s, some collegiate chapters did not (and I guess do not) fully comply.

I am very poorly qualified to explain all that, but I think that's what the poster was getting at. WTH she thinks we're talking about NPHC though, I do not know.