GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,472
2 members and 1,470 guests
LaneSig, Phrozen Sands

Old 05-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

The official law school outlines exchange thread

I have a ton of outlines I'm willing to share (some are better than others).

I'm currently looking for any state & local government outlines (would be especially helpful if you had the Mandelker, Netsch etc. 6th ed. textbook).

I'm also looking for a wills, trusts, and estates outline, especially if you had the Dunkemeier (sp?) text.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-28-2007, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't you have any student groups on campus that do outline exchanges?

I don't know how effective someone from a different school's outline would be. Different profs focus on different things, may skip some sections, may teach things more state-specific, may teach it from a more theoretical standpoint versus black letter law, etc.

I made my own outlines (and for the major subjects supplemented with Barbri or other professional outlines that I bought for cheap online), and the most useful parts of those outlines were very specific things the professors said. Because the things your prof concentrates on are what's going to be on the final.

Keeping your outline throughout the year (not just rushing to get it done at the end of the year) is pretty effective. I took my laptop to class and took notes on it- that ended up being pretty much my outline anyway.

I just don't see the benefits in using someone from a different school's outlines???
Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

I use outlines from other schools pretty frequently. I also use exams from other schools (lots from SMU for some reason) to study quite frequently. The practice has served me well.

My finding has been that especially with your 1L/2L basic courses, what we all study is basically the same. Profs might put their own policy spin on it and that might be important for a class, but as far as getting the rules down, I'll take my outlines from a wide number of sources. Generally I write my own from my notes then go back and supplement it by reading what others have done.

It works for me.. It might work for someone else as well..

As for exchanging with my study group, I already do that

Last edited by Kevin; 05-28-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it really depends on the school, professor, and subject. I keep my own outlines throughout the year; I started making them halfway through the course, and did really well first semester (and was doing well second semester pre-car accident). I have used outlines from other sources/schools to supplement and compare, and it has been helpful.

I say, do whatever works. One girl in my class had a 75 page outline, one guy had a 10 page outline, and both did extremely well. If it ends up helping people to get outlines from other sources, great.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I have a ton of outlines I'm willing to share (some are better than others).

I'm currently looking for any state & local government outlines (would be especially helpful if you had the Mandelker, Netsch etc. 6th ed. textbook).

I'm also looking for a wills, trusts, and estates outline, especially if you had the Dunkemeier (sp?) text.
I sadly can't help you since I didn't take State & Local Gov't, but Mandelker teaches at Wash U in St. Louis where I went to law school. Go to their "Student Commons" page off of the site at law.wustl.edu and look for a link that says Course Outlines. You should be able to find one there.

PM me if you need help navigating the site.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

We used the Dukeminier (I don't know if that is the same one) textbook for wills and trusts. We have an exchange site called pfrog.net on which we could exchange outlines. They are older but they might still help some. I had Gillete, but I think Guzman used the same book.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Kevin, I sent you an email with some stuff I had from Wills.

I have used a ridiculous amount of my boyfriend's outlines and they've worked great. They've been for the same book but a different edition and different schools.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

pfrog.net... I've used it before. Didn't know people could add new stuff to it though.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually there's a pretty cool site for law school outlines. You can find thousands of outlines there, and even sell your old ones! http://www.outlines.com
Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekbro1 View Post
Actually there's a pretty cool site for law school outlines. You can find thousands of outlines there, and even sell your old ones! http://www.outlines.com
Way to spam a 2-year old post.

My law school's bookstore has a ton of commercial outlines, and 2Ls and 3Ls (and 4L evening students, for that matter) are usually extremely nice about sharing outlines to other students. I'd imagine that's the way it is at most schools, so your spam is kind of wasted.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
pfrog.net... I've used it before. Didn't know people could add new stuff to it though.
I start law school in August and I'm willing to help you out, or anyone, as much as possible. I'm going to have to keep in touch with many of you regarding law school because I have 101 questions....I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet so many great people on this site with so much knowledge and intellect.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I start law school in August and I'm willing to help you out, or anyone, as much as possible. I'm going to have to keep in touch with many of you regarding law school because I have 101 questions....I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet so many great people on this site with so much knowledge and intellect.
We're happy to help; the great thing is that we've gone (or are going to) a wide range of schools (different sizes and different areas of the country), so you can get some good advice here. One note though, I belive Kevin is graduating this year, so hopefully for his sake he's done with the outline bit .