GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,176
5 members and 1,171 guests
flamboyanttree, John, LaneSig

Old 01-10-2002, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Talking The Funniest Thing That Happened in One of Your Classes!

After hearing a story about something that happened in one of zntke's classes yesterday--and I hope he'll print it here--I'd like to know what the funniest thing was that ever happened in one of your college classes!

When my sister was in college, she had a class in one of those auditorium classrooms. This girl fell asleep, fell sideways out of her desk, and rolled down the steps to the professor's podium! What I always wanted to know was how she ever had the courage to return the next day!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-10-2002, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

My freshman year I took history 101 at 8:30 in the morning. I had mono so getting out of bed that early was always difficult so I always had a cup of coffee with me. One day I arrived a minute late so I took the last seat in the front row. I then spill my whole cup of coffee on myself so I had to run out of the room to the bathroom to get paper towels to clean up. All this while the prof was trying to teach.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
I will never forget this as long as I live. Ever.

Freshman year, we were required to take 2 HPR (gym) classes. By the spring I was ready for my second one, so I chose Golf and Bowling, HPR282. Oh you can imagine my joy when I realized that this grand university was going to require me to take a course about golf, which I love dearly. I actually had a choice of like Judo, and a bunch of other crap. But God, golf and bowling sounded like a great way to end my Monday-Wednesdays.

THree other KA's sign up for this class with me.

Uh-oh.

Well the four of us cruise through the semester, the class is going great, and everything the four of us did in this class was comparable to a monkey fucking a football. We had some good times. The end of the semester comes, and Coach (a female girls basketball assistant coach) decides that for our final we are going to the country club for a golf tourney with the class. Well the four of us tee off last, and let the rest of the class get well ahead of us because we had snuck some bourbon into the mix. We dont play golf if we aint drinkin. Well, we get to about the fifth hole, and Redneck (his real name was Ken) was teeing off first, he had the honors after a birdie on the previous hole. So he addresses the ball, swings, and caught it fat. Ball went 40 yards straight in the air, landed about 10 feet in front of him. We were rolling. Now kids, here in the South, if you dont make it past the ladies tee on your drive you have to play the rest of the hole with your pants around your ankles. LOL. That was the rule, course we never abbided by this, considering we had been thrown off courses for much, much less. Well redneck throws his club, unbuckles his khakis, and drops his drawers. Hell by this time im laughing so damn hard i had bourbon flying out of my nose. Well anyway, hes laughing too, pulls up his pants, and over the hill comes coach, barreling at us in a golf cart a la smokey and the bandit when they jumped the fence and landed at the baseball game. Uh oh boys......

The conversation between me and Coach:

Coach: MCGINNIS!!!!!

Me: Ma'am?

Coach: Get over here!

Me: Yes ma'am

Coach: Mr. McGinnis, would you care to explain to me why in Gods green earth I just saw Mr. Marshall with his pants around his ankles?

Me: I didnt see it ma'am

Coach: Dont lie to me son.

Coach: Have you been drinking?

Me: No ma'am

Coach: Well you must be hopped up on something if you let Mr. Marshall drop his pants in front of God and everybody.

Coach: Mr. Marshall, if I see any of the 4 of you expose yourselfs again on this golf course, so help me God I will call the police and have all 4 of you kicked out of school!

Us: Yes ma'am

If I'm lyin, then I'm dyin. Funniest thing I EVER had happen to me in a college class. We won the class tourney by 2 strokes but Coach gave all 4 of us in the class a B. Whatever, I was just glad that she didnt flunk all of us. Thats college, remind me to tell you about my highschool drafting teacher picking up a trash can, throwing it at me, then tackling a printing press.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Ok, I was in my 3 hours history class . The class was dragging and the teacher was to much into her lecture to pay attention to everyone. There was this girl a row over from me to my left. I heard two guys in the back row laughing and looking at the girl a row over. I heard one of the guys say "you can see her ass". I look over and low and behold this girl had very low, low rider jeans on. To top this she obviously didn't have any panties on because you could see half her ass because she was slouched forward. Well this other girl that was sitting with the two guys in the back was obviously disgusted and I heard her call the other girl a slut (speaking to the two guys). She made a comment on how a girl like her shouldn't wear stuff like that (meaning the girl is not attractive). I would have to agree with the girl on that point even though she may have had the right body size for it. The next thing I heard was the girl say was "watch this". I saw her sneek up to this girl with a piece of ice from her cup and drop the ice down her butt crack. The girl a row over started to squirm and tried to play it off. I can tell the ice went a little further than her butt because she was reaching for her crotch. When everyone that saw this they started to laugh. Once the laughing started the girl started cring and ran out of the class. The teacher had no idea what was going on and no one really told her.
I will be very suprized if this girl shows up to class next week. I did feel sorry for her, but I still think it was awful funny.

Last edited by The1calledTKE; 01-10-2002 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
Sitting in Neuropsychology. Front row, trying to sound smart while talking to the professor about hereditary conditions. Only undergrad in a grad class, so it's important to make a good impression, right? Well, we all know that "congenital" is a synonym for "hereditary," right? Only I didn't say "congenital." I was searching and searching for the right word, and what should come out but...

Me: "So, Dr. Fantie, this could be considered a genital condition?"

Whole class loses it, I turn bright red and Fantie has to sit down, he's laughing so hard. Yep, that was fun.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
Another one:

One of my sisters, Sarah, was taking a class last semester witha really rude professor. She got up in class one day to go to the restroom (she was really quiet and unobtrusive about it, so not to disturb his lecture). She has her hand on the doorknob and the professor stops speaking, turns to her, and says, "Where do you think you're going?" Sarah, a little aback, says, "Uh, the restroom." He flips out, saying "No! Sit back down. Go to the restroom on your own time!" Keep in mind, this is a 2 1/2 hour block class with no break. Sarah, pissed off at his attitude, pulls a tampon out of her pocket, holds it up, and says, "Fine, would you like me to change this here, then?"

That shut him up
Old 01-10-2002, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaChiS2K
Another one:

One of my sisters, Sarah, was taking a class last semester witha really rude professor. She got up in class one day to go to the restroom (she was really quiet and unobtrusive about it, so not to disturb his lecture). She has her hand on the doorknob and the professor stops speaking, turns to her, and says, "Where do you think you're going?" Sarah, a little aback, says, "Uh, the restroom." He flips out, saying "No! Sit back down. Go to the restroom on your own time!" Keep in mind, this is a 2 1/2 hour block class with no break. Sarah, pissed off at his attitude, pulls a tampon out of her pocket, holds it up, and says, "Fine, would you like me to change this here, then?"

That shut him up
I love that story! We had a few teachers at my school who could benefit from a student like Sarah!
Old 01-10-2002, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Freshman year, first day of Macroeconomics class: the auditorium was set up so that when you walk down the stairs, into the classroom, you were facing all the chairs..and the students sitting in them. So what do I do? Does anyone remember that scene from " Clueless" when they go to the party and Tai is walking down the stairs and just falls flat on her butt? Well, ya, that was me. I slipped, slid down the stairs, and landed at the bottom..in front of a very full auditorium. Needless to say, I was dying....
Old 01-10-2002, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Hubby and I were on a BREAK at the time of this story.
When I was a Soph (a DUMB Soph) I was taking a course in Psy called Human Sexuality. EVERYONE took this course and really got into it. I heard there was a very, VERY shy Junior guy who wanted to ask me out. He was planning on being a geologist, was a Sig and the joke was-you should see this guys "rocks". He was known for having a beautiful collection of geodes.
Everyone said I needed to start a conversation with him because he was too shy to approach me. I was at the UC with my friends and he was with a few of his brothers. I "perkily" walked up and said "Hey_____,how are your gonads?" He looked so shocked and disgusted. I didn't even realize what I had said but everyone was laughing so hard. Then it hit me-my Freudian slip!
Old 01-10-2002, 05:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
This happened in one of my friend's bio classes - it's a good laugh for us but totally embarassing for this poor student.

The prof was talking about the reproductive system and for this particular lecture was focusing on the male reproductive system: so he's telling his class how there is a high content of glucose in the semen (or something along those lines) and one of the girls in the lecture puts up her hand and asks why does semen taste salty if there is such a high level of glucose in it . Now let me tell you 2nd bio classes at UBC aren't small - about 300-400 are in these lectures.
When I first heard this story I nearly died laughing - oh that poor girl.
Old 01-10-2002, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan
This happened in one of my friend's bio classes - it's a good laugh for us but totally embarassing for this poor student.

The prof was talking about the reproductive system and for this particular lecture was focusing on the male reproductive system: so he's telling his class how there is a high content of glucose in the semen (or something along those lines) and one of the girls in the lecture puts up her hand and asks why does semen taste salty if there is such a high level of glucose in it . Now let me tell you 2nd bio classes at UBC aren't small - about 300-400 are in these lectures.
When I first heard this story I nearly died laughing - oh that poor girl.

what was her name and number?
Old 01-10-2002, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Ok, so my cool embarrasing story was from Middle School (I think I mentioned it here before.) 7th grade English class.

Was in there with a few of the cool kids. Especially this chick Jenny, that I was really diggin on. Anyway, the teacher was one of those who was inot art and all that stuff too, (regardless of the fact that it was an ENGLISH class). Anyway, she tells us that "today we'll be watching a film on glass artists." So I am all cool, because my grandmother paints glass dishes and stuff. I tell everyone, making a huge point to tell EVERYONE, that my grandmother does this stuff (HOW I thought telling them that my grandmother did this stuff would impress them, I dont know now). "So yall gotta all watch. Seriously. I have seen my grandmother do this stuff and shes really good. So watch ok?"

Well they start the video.

Its abunch of big burly sweaty hairy men who are glass blowers. (You know the ones who take molten glass and shape it into bowls and vases and stuff.) So then the whole class is lookingat me like, "your grandmother? Nice."

Probably one of many reasons I went stag to 8th grade prom.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:08 PM

great thread...
i don't have any major stories, just little incidents that happened hear and there.

I'm not sure how it works at other schools, but here final exams are written in the gym, so anything that happens will be seen by hundreds of other students. One of my final exams was just before christmas break last year...I had noticed after about 15 minutes a guy a few seats ahead of me was just scanning over his exam and hadn't written anything down. He then begins ripping the exam booklet, stands up, yells "MERRY FU$@ING CHRISTMAS" and throws the snow flakes into the air.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:10 AM

Freshman year, I had this one class in a huge 400 person lecture hall. The class was totally full that day. Practically every student showed up the day because the professor was doing a review for the final. The class got silent as the professor started to do an algebra problem on the overhead. All the sudden, this girl in front of me let out the loudest, raunchiest fart I have ever heard. I feel so bad saying this but it smelled soooo bad that she cleared 3 rows of students (we all ran so that we wouldn't have to breathe in the toxins). The rest of the students in the class were laughing...even the professor! She just got up out of her seat and left class.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

two guys i know did this in a huge lecture hall...and it wasn't even a class they were in.

this is from a movie, but i can't remember which one. anyway, in the middle of the teachers lecture one of the guys stands up and says really loud "you know what? fuck this class! i'm out." he leaves the class and slams the door. then like five minuets later the other guy stands up and says, while pointing a random people, "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you. i'm out!"

too funny. i wish i could have seen it in person.

Josh