GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,394
2 members and 1,392 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 06-12-2004, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Roommate Drama

So I'm leaving my apartment for 8 weeks this summer. I leave a note for my roommate and in this note I state that I'd appreciate if no one was in my room unless necessary.

I come back last night to get some more things...go in my room...there's a plastic box on my floor that doesn't belong to me...pick up the phone...call roommate..."why is there a box in my room?"..."I needed a place to store it until I could move it to the back porch"..."but didn't I tell you not to go in my room?" And when did my room become a *bleepin'*storage area because I'm not there????? My lease is up at the end of August and I am through with roommates.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-12-2004, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah roommates aren't fun. i need my own space. there's nothing better then being able to just go home after a long day of work and not having to deal with anyone. being roommates with one of my friend's once almost ruined our friendship. too much drama with that situation, i don't care to go into. i had this other roommate once who got a dog. she used to go away for days and leave the dog in the apt. without walking it. it crapped all over the place. i left within a month of her getting the dog. i love dogs but show some responsibility right?
Old 06-12-2004, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
i had something similar happen to me. i was living in a 4 bedroom apartment and had gone home for 4 days for new years. when i got back, i found out my roommates had thrown a party cause the place was all trashed and that they had offered their friends from out of town a place to sleep in MY BED without asking me. what the f**K happend to sleeping on the couch or floor or even offering up their own rooms.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
Or try coming home after working 7pm-7am and find the remnants of a party (beer cans/ bottles some of which weren't completely empty), bowls that had been used as ashtrays (they were my bowls and I don't smoke... no I was NOT a happy camper), a well-used bathroom (i.e., no t.p. left-- not that roomie ever bought the stuff). Of course she was no where to be found... she'd gone home with her boyfriend.

Needless to say, after spending two hours cleaning and airing the apartment enough that it didn't make me nauseated to sleep, I was NOT a happy camper. It wasn't so much that she had a party at our apt that ticked me off, it was that she didn't clean up! I don't mind cleaning up after parties I attended but that was just plain rude. To this day, I tell people, DON'T share an apt with your best friend if you want to keep them as a friend!
Old 06-12-2004, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Personally, I wouldn't get too worked up about finding a plastic box in my room. It's not worth the stress. Just tell your roommate not to enter your room again.

Now finding dog crap or a trashed apartment is something that would annoy me to no end. I think that you and your roommate need to clearly state the guidelines to living peacefully. If you or your guests or your pet make a mess, clean it up. That's not too much to expect.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to DZTUBAGIRL Send a message via AIM to DZTUBAGIRL Send a message via Yahoo to DZTUBAGIRL
All these reasons are why I live in an apartment by myslef!!! If I want someone to come over that is great, but I can tell them to leave whenever I want. It does get a little lonely after a while but I rather be bored than annoyed with a roomate. Good luck and as my mom says, "pick your battles." She tells me this all the time. It might not be worth it to get pissed at everything they do...you will be pissed all of the time!