GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Order
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,505
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, babradaittle863
» Online Users: 2,067
0 members and 2,067 guests
No Members online

Old 05-22-2002, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ChrisASU21
info on joining Kappa Alpha

Greetings, I'm looking for info on joining the Kappa Alpha Order (Delta Psi chapter) at Appalachian State. I will be a Junior there this fall, and I would like to know what life is like as a Kappa Alpha brother. I would like to know what this fraternity stands for, and if it's a fraternity that will give back to the University and community around it. I also want to know what rush and initiation is like in this fraternity, and if my Junior status will help or hurt me when it comes to this. I'm looking for fraternities that are scholarly and somewhat social (and fun), and also fraternities that won't try to change a person. I believe strongly in chivalry, honor, dignity, loyalty, integrity, fighting (and lending a helping hand) for my fellow man, and loving thy neighbor(s). I would appreciate it if someone would answer my questions and give me some info about the fraternity. Thanks and God bless!

Chris

(Luke 12:48 "To whom much is given, much is required")
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2002, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I was a student at App State a few years back and got to know quite a few of the brothers of Kappa Alpha Order. I can honestly say that KA's are respected on campus as well as off. They stand for everything that you had mentioned before. As far as their ritual, initiation, etc...you won't know that until you become a brother. And as far as rush and pledging, I don't know their policies. But I can tell you that at App State, the KA's were gentlemen and also a blast to party with.

Sara Rusiecki
Old 07-24-2003, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Ryan400z
Hi I go to Tennessee and I know a lot about the Greek system at App. St because many of my friends go to school there. The first thing that most frats at App. look for is where are you from because the Greek system at App. is pretty small most frats have about 40 people in them besides Delta Chi and one or two others. The best fraternities there in my opinion are Sigma Nu, Lambda Chi, and KA. Other frats that are good are Sig Ep and Delta Chi but keep your mind open when going through rush because the greek scene is not big there. If you have any questions I can recommend you to Sigma Nu or Lambda Chi there when going through rush e-mail me at rdaley@utk.edu. Good luck and pick the fraternity that fits you best because all fraternities are different at each school.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

KAs are great at Ole Miss! They have won chancellor's cup two years in a row!
Old 07-25-2003, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Ryan400z
Yea KA is good at Ole Miss I went to their Hayseed Philanthropy or party and it was one of the best fraternity events I have ever been too. The houses at Ole Miss are huge and the fraternity life their is incredible. A good friend of mine Laura McKenzie is an AOPi at Ole Miss she is a really cool girl.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to WHClark
The values you expressed represent KA perfectly.
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisASU21,
I believe strongly in chivalry, honor, dignity, loyalty, integrity, fighting (and lending a helping hand) for my fellow man, and loving thy neighbor(s).
Im not familier with the Chapter at Appalachian State but you could visit this website. KA - Delta Psi Chapter website
Old 10-07-2003, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mattmaxwellKA
becoming a KA

I believe that I can speek for all of Kappa Alpha when I say that we do not change a person into a KA, a person is born a KA. We believe that the values that were instilled in you as a youth will show through to shed light on the kind of man you are. Kappa Alpha has always been an order that gives back to the community. My chapter in particular has an outstanding reputation with both the commmunity and Northern Arizona University. "Dieu et les Dames." For god and women, if you think that you are the kind of person who is chivilrous, a gentleman at all times, not just when it is conveniant, and someone who was born a leader, you may have what it takes. Being old is not necesarily a bad thing, we have guys every semester who rush that are 23 to 26 years in age. The older guys bring experiance and maturity to there pledge classes. THe only bad thing is that you may not get to be active for as long a time as you might like to be. I hope I may have helped shed some light on your questions,

You will never stand as tall as when you stoop to help a brother.

Matt Maxwell
Old 12-27-2004, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

becoming a KA

I am not here to tell you to join Kappa Alpha Order. It is by far the best thing I have ever done in my life. It takes commitment though and heart as well. Are you ready? Are you ready to be a brother of Kappa Alpha Order Delta Psi Chapter? To test this go to your library and check out The Varlet of Kappa Alpha Order. That will tell you if you're ready to be a part of the best brotherhood.