GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,185
0 members and 2,185 guests
No Members online

Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
And it starts...

There are now articles and an official website (which I refuse to link to here) which claim that the whole shooting was a hoax set up by our government in order to pass new gun legislation.

So sad. What's even more upsetting to me is that some of my Facebook friends are buying into some of it and questioning certain accounts of what happened. Ugh.
I feel like I heard about a professor somewhere in Florida was saying this. It was on the news a week or two ago.

As much as I normally support fact checking the media, I find this pathetic. Those poor parents would do anything to not have this be real and instead some of the people who took in the children during the shooting are getting harassed.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot

Last edited by WCsweet<3; 01-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Banned

Kinda reminds me of those same people who insist that the moon landing was faked, or that the Holocoust didn't happen!!

I just hope these people have had proper background checks and don't own firearms!

BG
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
And it starts...

There are now articles and an official website (which I refuse to link to here) which claim that the whole shooting was a hoax set up by our government in order to pass new gun legislation.

So sad. What's even more upsetting to me is that some of my Facebook friends are buying into some of it and questioning certain accounts of what happened. Ugh.
The "hoax" crowd is getting a lot of attention here in CT; they apparently have been harrassing one of the residents who took in some children who escaped the shooting.

A woman who is a former candidate for AG posted something on her Facebook page that sounded as if she was buying into the hoax theory. That went over really well here in CT, as you can imagine.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Family members of victims and survivors of the Newtown shooting and other violent crimes were offered the opportunity to attend the President's State of the Union address tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------Gun victims' relatives emerge as advocates

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Several people whose lives have been shattered by gun violence will be watching from the packed House gallery as President Barack Obama gives his State of the Union speech."
_

Old 03-10-2014, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Father of Sandy Hook Killer: 'You Can't Get Any More Evil'

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...re-evil-n48546

Quote:
Speaking publicly for the first time, the father of the Newtown, Conn., school killer says he wishes his son had never been born.
……
"You can't get any more evil. How much do I beat up on myself about the fact that he's my son? A lot."
……
"With hindsight, I know Adam would have killed me in a heartbeat, if he'd had the chance," Lanza said. "I don't question that for a minute. The reason he shot Nancy four times was one for each of us: one for Nancy; one for him; one for [his brother] Ryan; one for me."
And what I find really interesting:

Quote:
Meanwhile, Lanza refuses to talk about a lingering mystery: where or how his son's body was disposed of.

"No one knows that," he says. "And no one ever will."

@~/~~~~