GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,173
2 members and 1,171 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17

Old 01-05-2021, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Fictional Fraternities and Sororities that could work on campus.

I was thinking yesterday about which Fictional Fraternities and Sororities could exist on a real campus in 2021 if everything in the fictional universe about them were generally known. Note I'm excluding groups that aren't much more than letters, so for example Zeta Tau Beta which was in the parade at the end of Animal House wouldn't be on the list.

The only one that I can come up with is Delta Nu from Legally Blonde. Yes, they'd need to be NPC, but I can't come up with anything off the top of my head that would be worrisome. (I know that it was originally going to be Delta Gamma in the movie, I'm not even convinced that if it was a Delta Gamma chapter that did everything in it that they'd be in trouble with DG National)

Maybe the *Sororities* in Revenge of the Nerds, the fraternities, both "Hero" and "Villain" wouldn't work.

Gamma Phi Gamma (School Daze) *might* have been OK at the time of filming, but I think things have changed enough in the NPHC that continuing things in the manner of the film would be problematic.

Other ideas for Fictional GLOs that would be OK?
Old 01-06-2021, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

From the movie “Sorority Boys”, the fraternity Kappa Omicron Kappa and sorority Delta Omicron Gamma would definitely not work!
Old 02-11-2021, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
From the movie “Sorority Boys”, the fraternity Kappa Omicron Kappa and sorority Delta Omicron Gamma would definitely not work!
In the same Unworkable As Actual Greek Groups vein, fictional chapters Delta Omega Gamma and Phi Delta Omicron once appeared on shirts worn by two dogs on the back of the 1980s book "From Here To Fraternity".

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.