GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,962
0 members and 1,962 guests
No Members online

Old 01-14-2018, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

So happy to hear the good news!

And someone get GreekOne a double - I cannot imagine having to go through this all over again, in the same year, back to back.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Joy of joys! My daughter also got asked back to her top two after the last round! I don’t think I have any nails left....is it too early for wine? ��
Old 01-14-2018, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
Thanks, didn't realize I'd be nervous not only for my daughter but now all of yours. Sending good thoughts to everyone.
Agreed!!!
Old 01-14-2018, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Just heard back and she got 2 houses. It will be a long 2 days until bid night. I do have a question that I am not sure if it's taboo to ask but 1 house is known as more of a religious affiliation house that we are not. She was asking I told her it obviously doesn't matter to them.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNMmom18 View Post
Just heard back and she got 2 houses. It will be a long 2 days until bid night. I do have a question that I am not sure if it's taboo to ask but 1 house is known as more of a religious affiliation house that we are not. She was asking I told her it obviously doesn't matter to them.

There are sororities that are historically Jewish but you need not be Jewish to join and it is likely that not every girl in the chapter is Jewish.

One such chapter colonized at my alma mater recently and not every girl in the chapter is that religion.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

There are sororities that are historically Jewish but you need not be Jewish to join and it is likely that not every girl in the chapter is Jewish.

One such chapter colonized at my alma mater recently and not every girl in the chapter is that religion.
Thank you, I told her the same thing. I think she wrote them off from the beginning because that's the reputation on campus but they have been a surprise on every list she has gotten.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
So happy to hear the good news!

And someone get GreekOne a double - I cannot imagine having to go through this all over again, in the same year, back to back.
Thank you SWTXBelle! I will certainly be breathing a little easier on Jan 23rd. If, lord willing, we make it through Tuesday with a happy Hoosier, I can't imagine how disappointed #3 will be if there is not a happy outcome in Happy Valley!
Old 01-14-2018, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

We talked briefly to my daughter, she was trying to cheer up a friend who got cut from her favorite house which was also her legacy house. She hadn't talked to her roommate yet so we don't know about her yet.

My D is thrilled with her two options. Her first one is her legacy house which has been her favorite since day one. Her second option is right across the street and she really liked them as well so she is very excited. This has been a wild two weekends. From the low of her only getting 5 invites back to the round of 16 to now having her number 1 from the start be in her Preference round.

Can wait for this to be over and hopefully with good news come Tuesday night. My wife's phone is very active with all her sorority sisters checking in on how its going. They all have been stressed out just as much as we have been.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Does it matter which round you get invited back to today as to where you are on their list?
Old 01-14-2018, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Such a rollercoaster for all, especially GreekOne. Can't even imagine!

My daughter got two of her top choices but was heartbroken that my legacy chapter released her. I'm disappointed too but she is actually a double legacy and has my older daughter's chapter in her pref round. She's definitely happy but I think the emotions caught up with her.

Another dear friend's daughter is upset, but my older daughter was able to talk to her into not dropping, I think because my daughter herself had quite an emotional last round/bid day. She's a perfect example of being disappointed as a pledge initially to sobbing when she graduated four years later about leaving her sisters.

I have loved reading all of these stories because this has been such a happy thread for the most part compared to 2014 which I think was something like 60 pages long!

And BBH, I'm so happy for your daughter!!
Old 01-14-2018, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNMmom18 View Post
Does it matter which round you get invited back to today as to where you are on their list?
No, my understanding is some houses invite back larger numbers than others due to their acceptance rates. Those houses have more parties to spread out having to talk to more girls.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Which party you attend should not matter. Many of the houses (my daughter's included) will host three parties today even though the PNMs only attend two. It's just a matter of scheduling.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Gooooooo girls!
Old 01-14-2018, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter was released by her legacy sorority, which was a big disappointment for her (and me, mostly because she really saw herself there). She is back at her #2 and #3 selections. Hope she can be at peace with however this all works out. Good luck to all the girls!
Old 01-14-2018, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

To all the moms (and dads), it's almost over. I cannot imagine having to wait for two days for bid day. I would have hated that as a PNM, but as an active it might have been nice to get some sleep before bid day.

Sending good thoughts to y'all today and Tuesday!! and Go Hoosiers beat Northwestern!