GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,451
1 members and 2,450 guests
No Members online

Old 09-29-2006, 04:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone, this in an internet forum, not a matter of life and death, chill out.

Some of you crazy Greekchaters are borderline ridiculous/socially inept/borderline loser/complete goobers.

This is an internet forum.....not a matter of life and death. Some of you are posting as if the happenings of this site are actually getting to you deep down inside. If what goes on here actually angers you to the point that you feel the need to bitch and rant to a "higher power".......you should drink a couple bleach coctails, end your life, or kick your own ass.

Thanks. 6th Street in Austin was a blast tonight. I went to a couple places known as "Bars" you all should try them out. Its a very good alternative to a keyboard and quick reply.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-29-2006, 06:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to sdsuchelle
Ok, some valid points, BUT you don't have to be condescending.

Also, it's coming from someone with 1,080 posts.. so I don't know.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Unregistered-

Regarding post counts, one needs to remember that most of those who have cracked the 10,000+ mark are GCers who have been here since the beginning of GC (or a short time thereafter). If they got to 10,000+ posts within the course of a few short months, then you can play the "you need to get a life" card.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25 View Post
Some of you crazy Greekchaters are borderline ridiculous/socially inept/borderline loser/complete goobers.

This is an internet forum.....not a matter of life and death. Some of you are posting as if the happenings of this site are actually getting to you deep down inside. If what goes on here actually angers you to the point that you feel the need to bitch and rant to a "higher power".......you should drink a couple bleach coctails, end your life, or kick your own ass.

Thanks. 6th Street in Austin was a blast tonight. I went to a couple places known as "Bars" you all should try them out. Its a very good alternative to a keyboard and quick reply.
Brother Mac'
You are correct Sir....
Old 09-29-2006, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsuchelle View Post
Ok, some valid points, BUT you don't have to be condescending.

Also, it's coming from someone with 1,080 posts.. so I don't know.
Most of my posts come during the day while in class or last summer during the internship.....or the occasional post drunk posting.

You should also know that I don't take GC to heart and don't get into fits of emotional rage over it.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

He's right, and while you're at it, consider losing phrases like "you don't have to be condescending." This isn't a first grade classroom, we're adults, you can be condescending if you like. If people on here had their way, we'd scratch the first amendment and replace it with, "No person shall offend another person..."
Old 09-29-2006, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
He's right, and while you're at it, consider losing phrases like "you don't have to be condescending." This isn't a first grade classroom, we're adults, you can be condescending if you like. If people on here had their way, we'd scratch the first amendment and replace it with, "No person shall offend another person..."
That could stand to be directed towards a few. Some people miss the ignore button and head straight for the report button instead.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 09-29-2006, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
That could stand to be directed towards a few. Some people miss the ignore button and head straight for the report button instead.
TOS Police
Old 09-29-2006, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with Mac 100%. People need to stop taking everything so personally. It's just the internet.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Commenting that "it's just the internet OMG" is even more lame than getting pissed off about stuff that happens on the internet. If it's just the internet and people shouldn't take it seriously, why are you even commenting on that -- instead of, you know, realizing it's just the internet and not taking it seriously?

I think my head just exploded, by the way.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

So wait...if its the internet, and shouldn't be taken seriously, then why are you commenting on me commenting on people who comment about how horrible it is for threads to get deleted and how much of an emotional wreck they are after certain people on here post certain comments. You can comment on my comments all you want, but I really don't care at all what you have to comment about because its Greekchat/The Internet.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So wait...if its the internet, and shouldn't be taken seriously, then why are you commenting on me commenting on people who comment about how horrible it is for threads to get deleted and how much of an emotional wreck they are after certain people on here post certain comments. You can comment on my comments all you want, but I really don't care at all what you have to comment about because its Greekchat/The Internet.
But if it's the internet, why are you responding to my comment about your comment on people taking the internet too seriously?

EL OH EL.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No one's an emotional wreck, kthx.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 09-29-2006, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
No one's an emotional wreck, kthx.
....and you have a wonderful sense of sarcasm.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

An internet forum - for those who are frequent visitors - serves as a town square/water cooler for discussions.

Just as I'd be passionate about a cause in person, I would be online.

Some people who I discuss issues with, I'd love to meet. Others, I am glad our paths will never cross.

Like it or not, the internet is a place to share ideas and points of view. Saying "get a life" is a cop out.

To have a good discussion, one must "attack the issue, not the person." Unfortunately, many people online do not understand this.

Oh, and BTW,as I mentioned in another thread: I've been on GC for 6 years & haven't reached 1000 posts. Some people have reached 1000 in just 6 MONTHS! And they say get a life?!