GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,391
0 members and 1,391 guests
No Members online

Old 07-14-2003, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Quote:
Originally posted by meridionaleDG
You mean we all have to wait until August 20th to hear which sorority you got a bid from??!!!
God, I know. I can't wait that long!!

I think you are the GCer PNM that I am the most excited for. You are an amazing woman and I know you will make an amazing Greek woman as well!

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-14-2003, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to devoted04 Send a message via Yahoo to devoted04
Exclamation HELP!!

I just transferred to MTSU. I am hoping to rush this fall, but I have no clue where to begin. Plus I'm not sure if I am too old to do so!!! Does anyone have any pointers?? I saw the list of recruitment dates, which is the same on the website, but I don't know anything about times and where to obtain an application (I searched the MTSU website but I couldn't find it). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks thanks thanks!
Old 07-15-2003, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by astroAPhi
God, I know. I can't wait that long!!

I think you are the GCer PNM that I am the most excited for. You are an amazing woman and I know you will make an amazing Greek woman as well!
Thank you so much for the vote of confidence and the complete sweetness of this post!

I am SO excited to see ANOTHER MTSU PNM on here! Girl, we gotta talk!
Old 07-16-2003, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I absolutely HATE wearing toeless shoes. I HATE shopping. I can either wear toeless shoes or go shopping...

How cool is this - I have 2 women that are so excited that I am going through recruitment that they want to pay all of my fees and dues if I join ANY sorority! I am so lucky and blessed!

Last edited by MTSUGURL; 07-30-2003 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
That's great Crystal!

Toeless shoes huh? I love sandals ever since I moved to Florida, and I have a hard time finding nice closed toe shoes.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 07-16-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: HELP!!

Quote:
Originally posted by devoted04
I just transferred to MTSU. I am hoping to rush this fall, but I have no clue where to begin. Plus I'm not sure if I am too old to do so!!! Does anyone have any pointers?? I saw the list of recruitment dates, which is the same on the website, but I don't know anything about times and where to obtain an application (I searched the MTSU website but I couldn't find it). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks thanks thanks!
Go to the Greek Life Office which is located on the 3rd floor of the Keathley University Center on campus. If you're not already moved into Murfreesboro, you should be able to find the phone number of the Greek Life Office on the website.

If you call, ask them to mail you an application. Then you can fill it out and mail it back (or take it right back to the office if you're in town). The people in the GL office will be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Last edited by ZetaLuvBunny; 07-16-2003 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by MTSUGURL
How cool is this - I have 2 women that are so excited that I am going through recruitment that they want to pay all of my fees and dues if I join ANY sorority because they never got to! I am so lucky and blessed!
Whoa! Go you!
Old 07-17-2003, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Ooh! I hate toeless shoes too! I thought I was the only one! Glad to know I have a kindred spirit in the shoe category! Go shopping!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:06 AM
GreekChat Member

mtsugurl- it would be absurd for you not to find a home. you are too awesome! three shouts for this fall's pmn's!! hip hip horray! hip hip horray! hip hip horray!!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Crystal,
I'm cheering for you!! I've enjoyed getting to know you over on the Beta forum. You deserve to find an awesome chapter to call your own. Good luck, girl!!

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 07-17-2003, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

So I break down and go shopping for a NECKLACE and CARDIGAN to go with the aforementioned blue dress and I come home with 3 NEW DRESSES. They're cute as they can be, all of them together were less than $80, and I can get ONE pair of shoes to go with all of them. I did that on purpose... See why I hate shopping? I'm such a sucker that I end up buying completely new clothes instead of just accessories. Then again, what girl doesn't feel great in new clothes when she wears them the first time?

There was one problem I noticed when I got home and tried them on for my roommate: My tatto on my shoulderblade shows. It's just a little butterfly, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, so it's off to the mall again for a cardigan or shawl or something... Maybe I'll come back with a few new shirts, a couple pairs of shoes or something. And of course I'll come back without a cardigan.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

MTSUGurl, don't forget your necklace!
Old 07-17-2003, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Quote:
So I break down and go shopping for a NECKLACE and CARDIGAN to go with the aforementioned blue dress and I come home with 3 NEW DRESSES. They're cute as they can be, all of them together were less than $80, and I can get ONE pair of shoes to go with all of them. I did that on purpose... See why I hate shopping? I'm such a sucker that I end up buying completely new clothes instead of just accessories. Then again, what girl doesn't feel great in new clothes when she wears them the first time?

There was one problem I noticed when I got home and tried them on for my roommate: My tatto on my shoulderblade shows. It's just a little butterfly, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, so it's off to the mall again for a cardigan or shawl or something... Maybe I'll come back with a few new shirts, a couple pairs of shoes or something. And of course I'll come back without a cardigan.
I TOTALLY hear you about coming home with way more than you needed/planned to get!!! That is so me! If you're looking for a cardigan, you should check out the limited, they had some on sale still here in az last time I checked, also casual corner, banana republic, gap all have cardigans!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
When I worked in cosmetics I would always recommend Dermablend to cover tattoo's for occassions. It worked really nice, and that has been 10 years. It is usually hidden on one of the smaller make-up counters because it is not a big enough line to have a rep. Have a rep show you how to use it first. And if you decide to get it, try it out a couple of times before the parties.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
YAY! I can't wait to hear this rush thread hehe who knows maybe we will be rushing together even though I know where I want to be...I might still have to go thru this lovely rush process...lemme tell you I think I liked being on the other side better lol anyways I'll let ya know what happens with me..maybe we'll be in the same group! wouldnt that be neat. wow ok Im just rambling now! but anyways GOOD LUCK!!

Nichole