GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,755
4 members and 1,751 guests
Sciencewoman, speedsters

Old 01-24-2018, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Hoping to hear more soon.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 01-25-2018, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Hurry up! I think I have the school but am up in the air about the chapters although I think I know! Love the guessing game but it's time to finish!!!!
Old 01-27-2018, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

No update yet? Good or bad, I’m interested to hear what the outcome was.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Me too!
Old 01-28-2018, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes please come back bookworm and finish your story. We all want to know the ending!!
Old 01-28-2018, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

OP hasn't logged into GC since her last post on 1-21-18 so she isn't seeing any of these pleas for updates. My take: she is either super busy with her new sorority, or it didn't end well for her. That's how it goes when pnms stop posting their stories. Sigh. That's why I have lost interest in recruitment stories and yet here I am sucked in once more. My bad.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so sorry I’ve taken so long to update. I’ve had a death in the family, so the last week has been a bit of a blur. I still wanted to come and finish my story for you all.

Preference!
I woke up incredibly nervous to receive my schedule for the day. I tried to calm down by reminding myself how lucky I was to be here and how much fun I had had over the past couple of days. In the moment it didn’t really seem to help, although I do applaud myself for trying to be reasonable during such an emotional moment. After what felt like an eternity I finally received my schedule, discovering that I had been asked back to:
Anne Shirley
Laura Ingalls
I won’t lie. I was definitely upset that Fern Arable had dropped me. I was also sad that I seemed to have finally understood and appreciated the sisterhood at Ramona Quimby too late. I wasn’t surprised that I had been dropped by Nancy Drew, but I honestly hadn’t expected for Anne Shirley to keep me either. I went to the bathroom, let out a couple of tears, and quickly dusted myself off. I still had two wonderful chapters that were interested in having me as a sister!

Anne Shirley: I could immediately feel how serious today was in comparison to the last two. The ceremony was beautiful, and I truly felt like I could find my home in Anne Shirley. One of the sisters asked me how I was feeling, and I admitted that I was torn between both them and Laura Ingalls. She assured me that I could find an amazing sisterhood within Anne Shirley, and I wholeheartedly believed her.
Laura Ingalls: Here. This was where I needed to be. I thought I had had the best time at Anne Shirley, but it truly didn’t compare to the way I felt during my entire visit with Laura Ingalls. Everything felt right within this house. I cried during the ceremony, I cried while talking to the actives, I cried while leaving. I couldn't help myself. I had felt at home all week with Laura Ingalls, and I honestly felt like I had known I had found my home here all along.

Tonight’s ranking was not a simple one. Part of me felt like Anne Shirley was the way to go. I would get to share such a special connection with my mom, the sisters seemed truly interested in me, and overall I had enjoyed my time with them throughout the week. But then there was Laura Ingalls. All week I had placed them at the top of my list, raving about how wonderful and likeminded the girls in this house were. After a lot of internal struggling, I decided what I needed to do. I ranked them:
Laura Ingalls
Anne Shirley
I went home and cried from how emotionally draining the entire process had been. I didn't want to have made the wrong decision. I also didn’t want to experience how painful rejection would be if Laura Ingalls didn’t want me. I had been so excited for Bid Day all week, and now I was just afraid.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for coming back to update us, and I'm sorry about the death in your family. I hope your new sisters are helping you through that and I can't wait to find out where you landed
Old 01-28-2018, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for coming back to finish your story.

Please let us know where you landed...legacy or favorite all along?? What a toss up!
Old 01-28-2018, 11:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for coming back to update. Looking forward to finding out where you found your home.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

BookWorm, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. <hugs>

True and Constant
Old 01-30-2018, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Condolences for your loss.
Hoping for a good outcome in your recruitment.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day!
I woke up happier than I had felt the night before. Today I was going to be joining an AMAZING SISTERHOOD! We all waited what felt like ages to recieve our bids… you might be wondering what I got!
“Home is the nicest word there is.” ~ Laura Ingalls
I just so happened to find my home in…
CHI OMEGA!
Old 01-31-2018, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!! How wonderful Hope you enjoy your time there and its all you want it to be!!
Old 01-31-2018, 08:54 AM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATS!!!!!