GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,415
4 members and 1,411 guests
aantonygooglet9, John, Sen's Revenge

Old 10-23-2009, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings Everyone!

I am a member of Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc. As was stated, we are a business and professional women's organization and we are not part of the Pan-Hellenic. This is an active decision on our part because we pride ourselves on being unique and inclusive rather than exclusive. We welcome women from varied educational backgrounds -- so you can have a bachelor degree, masters degree, doctorate degree or even an associates degree -- we welcome all women with a professional background despite the path she has taken. Our decision to include and continue including women with less than a bachelors degree is why we have chosen not be part of the pan hellenic.

We have been around since 1943 and we are growing. We function off of a platform of community service and support for youth and the elderly. Many of our members are part of Divine Nine organizations.

Hope this clarifies who were are and where we are going a little more.

Blessings,

Diane Marbury
Beta Lambda Chapter
Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-24-2009, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JMNew83 Send a message via Yahoo to JMNew83
Re: Gamma Phi Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROV31 View Post
I was also approached about joining this organization. I've asked time and time again if they are even looking to be apart of the Panhellenic or National Pan-Hellenic. I have yet to get an answer. Is there anyone who knows this? I want to know the benefit of joining. All of my friends and most of the women in my family are apart of the divine nine, so I know the benefits of joining with one of them but no sure where GPD is going......Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right, Gamma Phi Delta is not part of the Panhellenic or National Pan-Hellenic. We are independent, but yet we do work with them. When I was an undergraduate member, we held joint programs with Phi Sigma Sigma as well as Zeta Phi Beta. We have many members that join both organizations.

Gamma Phi Delta is a non-political, non-sectarian sisterhood of distinguished, congenial business and professional women offering opportunities for community service, networking and leadership development to civic-minded women. We are more than just a national business sorority, we are sisterhood of women from diverse backgrounds and walks of life.

We participate in several community services including the Breast Cancer Walk, Go Red, the Lupus Walk, etc. We conduct business workshops. We have youth auxiliaries where we mentor and foster children on improving their economic and educational standing. And most importantly, we are sisters. In my chapter, we have a yearly skating party where we invite the local community out and at the end of the year, we give the money to a disadvantaged high school student. That's just a sample of the service we do.

A big misconception is that we "pretend" to be a knock off Delta or Zeta or AKA when that is simply not the case. They have their strengths and advantages as well. Through my six year membership with Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, I've met people in your same shoes. The best advice that I can give you is get to know the members of your local chapter by networking with them and asking them these questions off the message boards.

If you still need more information about what we do and what we offer, feel free to message me privately.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc

I just wanted to comment on some of the things that have been said in this forum. First of all Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc is a national sorority founded in 1943, we are a business/professional sorority but that is not necessarily our focus. We are community service based organization and interested young women do not have to be business majors they but they must carry themselves in a business professional way. We were offered to become members of NPHC in 1988, we however respectfully declined for many reasons one being that NPHC sororities and fraternities are only found on 4 year institutions while we extend membership to ladies at 2 year technical community colleges as well as Business women who may not have earned a degree. It is for that reason that we stand out from NPHC. We are not duplications, imitations, or replications. We are truly UUUUUUNIQUE! If you are truly interested in our sorority then our affliation with a governing body (that is what NPHC is) should make no difference. I hope this clears some things up. Blessings