GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,133
2 members and 1,131 guests
aangelasuasd942, naraht

Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck Chuck! It sounds like you will find the right fit for you!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-08-2008, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
“Chuck is better than a legacy. Chuck is a legend.”
New sig tag!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

this is the most wonderful thing on the internet right now.

Forever and Ever my love goes to Royal Purple and Pure Gold
Old 02-09-2008, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC200823 View Post
It's not a Texas school I don't think because Tri Sigma only has 3 chapters in Texas and they are at Sam Houston State University, Texas Women's University and Saint Mary's University.

Sam Houston State University has 4 NPC's: Sigma Sigma Sigma, Zeta Tau Alpha, Alpha Delta Pi and Alpha Chi Omega

Texas Women's University has 3 NPC's: Sigma Sigma Sigma, Alpha Omicron Pi and Alpha Gamma Delta

Saint Mary's University has 4 NPC's: Sigma Sigma Sigma, Alpha Sigma Tau, Delta Zeta and Alpha Phi

Chuck Norris listed 6 NPC's and they don't include those chapters.
If he was at Sam Houston, he would have gone A Chi O all the way!! The lyre would be like his battle cry.

Side note: Chuck Norris' old house is down the road from my own.

"To see beauty even in the common things of life..."
Old 02-09-2008, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Brilliant. Chuck, I humbly beg you to return and let us know how prefs went.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

who is that "creepy Zeta?"

Quote:
Chuck’s mom didn’t send him a survival kit because Chuck’s mom knows that it is Recruitment that needs a “Chuck Survival Kit.”
I love everything about this thread - it makes me so happy.

While we wait for the next round, who wants to guess about the identity of the mysterious Zeta "sister?" I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of her...
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofpnm View Post
While we wait for the next round, who wants to guess about the identity of the mysterious Zeta "sister?" I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of her...

As a Zeta who actually had a mysterious woman sitting in the corner taking notes first round... I'm guessing national officer, and that it's a new-ish chapter.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilzetakitten View Post
As a Zeta who actually had a mysterious woman sitting in the corner taking notes first round... I'm guessing national officer, and that it's a new-ish chapter.
Do you often hear a whooshing sound just over your head?
Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
LOL, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who thought of someone else.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

An update from this morning's Chucktastic recruitment adventure...

Round 3: Philanthropy

Chuck has been learning a lot on GC about being panhellenicky. Therefore, Chuck decided to incorporate panhellenic spirit into his morning routine. First, his choice of wardrobe: Chuck wore old blue jeans, an ivy-green shirt, olive-green boots, bronze spurs, and a pearl-studded crimson belt affixed by a gold lion belt buckle. Chuck finished the look with a straw cowboy hat. Underneath, Chuck sported his usual white briefs, and after the clown scare yesterday, Chuck equipped himself with an anchor-shaped death star tucked into his secret ammo pouch. Chuck also made sure he ate a large bowl of wheaties (marketed by General Mills) to start out this very busy day. Chuck later told his fellow PNMs that in the Panhellenic spirit he is hereby renaming the famous crescent kick as a “waxing crescent moon kick.”

Chuck really enjoyed getting to know his fellow PNMs this morning, and they unanimously elected him MVPNM for the recruitment week after watching his lightening-quick reflexes at the Kappa party. Chuck isn’t so sure the sororities themselves felt as safe, because he noticed that (yet again) their Rho Chi had been replaced. But this time, it appeared that the replacement was not a collegian, but one of the American Gladiator girls. Chuck thought this was interesting, but did not feel threatened because most of those sissies just looked tough without any actual skill.

On to the parties…

Zeta Tau Alpha – Chuck really enjoyed the Zeta party today. Zeta’s philanthropy is the Komen foundation, and Chuck is all about saving the boobies. All boobies of all sizes. Little Zeta, whom he spoke with yesterday, was a little naïve today, but Chuck really likes her anyway, along with this one Zeta with a really strong southern accent. Chuck finds that sexy. Chuck didn’t see creepy zeta anywhere today and decided she must have disappeared, or was possibly banned from the house? Chuck doesn’t care though. There were plenty of nice Zetas to keep him company. At one point a Zeta came up to Chuck and told Chuck that she was a theater major. She asked Chuck, “As an experienced and talented actor, I was wondering if you had any tips on getting into such a badass character?” Chuck said, “Chuck doesn’t act, Chuck is a badass.”

Kappa Alpha Theta – Theta’s philanthropy is CASA, or Court-Appointed Special Advocates. The Thetas told Chuck that kids often need to have someone involved in the legal system to make sure their needs did not get overlooked in the process. During the party, the group made cards and toys for the CASA kids. Chuck sat down at a table with kung fu theta and reached for some scissors to make a card. Kung fu Theta said “Actually, Chuck, we brought some special scissors for you to use today.” Kung fu Theta handed Chuck some special plastic-ended scissors with plastic yellow handles. Chuck did not appreciate this, but Chuck was quickly distracted by the large amounts of gold glitter the girls were using. Chuck likes glitter.

Pi Beta Phi – The Pi Phis support “Champions are Readers,” a charity that promotes literacy. Everyone sat around tables and made these bookmarks for kids that were SOOOO cute. Chuck started talking to some of the Pi Phis about Mike Huckabee’s books and how people should read them before they vote for someone else. For absolutely no reason whatsoever, a girl started getting really upset with Chuck and told Chuck that people shouldn’t have to read candidates books to know what they’re about. Chuck told her “You’ll read what I tell you to read.” and threw the Japanese-death anchor from his pouch at her. Chuck wins.

Kappa Kappa Gamma – Chuck walked into the Kappa house and sat at a craft table with some of the girls he remembered from the first party. Throw-up Kappa made a special point to thank Chuck for his bravery the day before against the scary Kappa Clown. Chuck looked around and realized that the Kappas, too, were making bookmarks. Chuck said, “Wow, Chuck is going to be really good at making bookmarks after this party. Did y’all realize the Pi Phis have the same philanthropy?” One Kappa got really mad and said “No, Chuck, our philanthropy is RIF, Reading is Fundamental. RIF is totally different than Champions are Readers. If you can’t see the difference between us and the Pi Phis, then maybe all you care about is having letters, anyway.” Chuck said “Chuck doesn’t need keys because Chuck likes to break stuff open” and gave the Kappa his ancient kimono knee jab.

After Chuck left the Kappa party, Chuck realized that was two violent Kappa party outbursts in a row and that probably did not bode well for Chuck. Chuck cut Kappa for tonight’s preference round.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Even my non-greek husband is addicted to this thread.

*wiping tears from my eyes*
Old 02-09-2008, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I really hope Chuck is going to be a creative writing major when he retires from the silver screen and that his English professors don't stifle his creativity to fit their mold!

Quote:
An update from this morning's Chucktastic recruitment adventure... Zeta’s philanthropy is the Komen foundation, and Chuck is all about saving the boobies. All boobies of all sizes....

Chuck started talking to some of the Pi Phis about Mike Huckabee’s books and how people should read them before they vote for someone else. ....
Hmmm, one more topic to add to Banned B List of booze, boys, Bible...BALLOTS (as in elections )
Old 02-09-2008, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah for the crescent kick!

I AM SO HONOURED - the waxing crescent kick - um, KICKS ***! (as does Chuck). Hmmm . . .how can we work it into ritual??

Go Chuck Go! (and I'm with him about clowns)
Old 02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alum View Post
I really hope Chuck is going to be a creative writing major when he retires from the silver screen and that his English professors don't stifle his creativity to fit their mold!

Hmmm, one more topic to add to Banned B List of booze, boys, Bible...BALLOTS (as in elections )
We typically wouldn't discuss Boobies either, but it is the Zeta philanthropy.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LOL, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who thought of someone else.
ahhhh, I thought the same thing as lilzetakitten!!! what am I completely missing here?!