GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,150
0 members and 2,150 guests
No Members online

Old 04-05-2016, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
lol
Hilarious! Where are you going?

yeah, Phroz, we need details, man. Is this a singular dash back to the "real world" or are you and Sade making the jailbreak together?

uh..cheerful, what's up with you, these days?
~ Luke 19:10
Old 04-05-2016, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I think people need to be careful what they wish for.

If one was to belong to the "Religion of Science", does that mean they can freely discriminate against christians, muslims, jews, etc since there is no scientific evidence of any of those belief structures?
Old 04-05-2016, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
yeah, Phroz, we need details, man. Is this a singular dash back to the "real world" or are you and Sade making the jailbreak together?

uh..cheerful, what's up with you, these days?
lol
Freaking hilarious!!! I am laughing so hard right now.

Hi, Tony. I'm fabulous! And of course you know, I'm very excited! 5 months just can't get here fast enough!
Old 04-05-2016, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
I can't be a classroom teacher anymore. I just can't. I'm seriously considering completing an ABA approved paralegal program.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

UNCLAIMED PROPERTY, GREEK-STYLE

It never fails: When searching my state's Unclaimed Property Listings online, I found multiple instances of Greek social organizations (NIC, NPC, etc) with unclaimed money/property/safe deposit box items waiting to be found/claimed.

Sometimes the listing shows under a chapter's greek name (IE Gamma Pi chapter) sometimes under a group's regular title (Gamma Phi Beta; Sigma Alpha Epsilon).

Normally the amounts to be claimed list between $10-$100, but a few go $100-1000. Sometimes the money/property sits for years without claim, even though the Greek group/chapter is active.

Often, there may be a finite time limit your state will hold/list item(s), especially from safe deposit boxes, before they are auctioned to the public.

Please encourage your Greek group's chapter advisors and/or HQ to twice-yearly google your state's unclaimed revenue website (if it exists) and claim those funds/ritual items/bonds/life insurance payouts.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
It never fails: When searching my state's Unclaimed Property Listings online, I found multiple instances of Greek social organizations (NIC, NPC, etc) with unclaimed money/property/safe deposit box items waiting to be found/claimed.

Sometimes the listing shows under a chapter's greek name (IE Gamma Pi chapter) sometimes under a group's regular title (Gamma Phi Beta; Sigma Alpha Epsilon).

Normally the amounts to be claimed list between $10-$100, but a few go $100-1000. Sometimes the money/property sits for years without claim, even though the Greek group/chapter is active.

Often, there may be a finite time limit your state will hold/list item(s), especially from safe deposit boxes, before they are auctioned to the public.

Please encourage your Greek group's chapter advisors and/or HQ to twice-yearly google your state's unclaimed revenue website (if it exists) and claim those funds/ritual items/bonds/life insurance payouts.
Huh, it never occurred to me to do that for chapters. Just in South Carolina, I found South Carolina ADPi, Winthrop Zeta, Charleston and Columbia Tri-Delta Alumnae chapters, Charleston Chi Omega alumnae, multiple KD chapters across the state, USC-Upstate Phi Mu, Columbia Delta Zeta Alumnae...amusingly, the listings are often done as lastname, firstname which for sororities comes out as Zeta Delta or Mu Phi. In SC the listings are all at least $50 so if anyone has any connection to a chapter with stuff I would definitely take the time to fill the form out!

WIFLSRN: I won a fairly prestigious award from the Division of Student Affairs today and it was very affirming to receive it in front of all of my friends in student affairs
Old 04-09-2016, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
lol
Hilarious! Where are you going?
Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Yeah Bruh, I'm busting up outta this piece of shit state. Sade is coming out after I get our place all settled in. After that, Michigan can sink in its own fucking lake, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I hate snow. Especially in April. Yuck....
Old 04-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Waiting in line to make a purchase behind one customer. As she is completing her transaction, this other woman insinuates herself between the customer and me, shoves her item toward the cashier, so I say "excuse me, did you not see us waiting in line here?" She whips around and with eyes blazing informs me that she was with the first customer, they had come in together, they were shopping together, and they were leaving together. YOW! Alrighty then. I thought it was going to be a smack down for sure. If you see me waiting in line somewhere feel free to cut in front of me- I will no longer say a thing!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:27 PM

Dear friend, step away from the beauty filter. Your pictures look NOTHING like you any more.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Except for my student loans, I am DEBT FREE!! *Doin' the Debt-Free dance* whoo hoo!

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 04-12-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

1) Remember where you came from and ....

2) Don't embarrass your people.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Also popped in to say Happy Birthday greetings to my good friend, CheerfulGreek! ...I know you are doing big things

have a good one!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Happy Birthday, CG!

Just for you:

Old 04-13-2016, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
I got my 200th and 201st sales through my Etsy shop last night and this morning! I make support and awareness jewelry, mostly focusing on all types of cancer awareness. I hope one day that I don't have to make and sell it anymore.