GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,421
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, LeahArguet
» Online Users: 2,641
1 members and 2,640 guests
No Members online

Old 10-24-2005, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Wearing Paraphernalia On the Job

There have been threads on wearing para in public and purchasing/wearing inappropriate para...

Greeks, do you wear para (shirt,sweaer or jacket) to work? As a professional, in your line of work, is it appropriate? Is it ever inappropriate to wear para while working?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-24-2005, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up I wear it all the time...

The temperature has dipped here in Tallahassee so it's cold in my office so I am wearing my Kappa Jacket. Ocassionally on Friday's I will wear a t-shirt with jeans since we can be casual on Fridays. You have to sorta get a feel for your work environment.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: I wear it all the time...

Quote:
Originally posted by NUPE4LIFE
The temperature has dipped here in Tallahassee so it's cold in my office so I am wearing my Kappa Jacket. Ocassionally on Friday's I will wear a t-shirt with jeans since we can be casual on Fridays. You have to sorta get a feel for your work environment.
Since working here, a year and a few days, I have worn a DST shirt 3 times. Once was on MLK day because I had to work that day, 90 day review and then the last two times was GREEK DAY, one spearheaded by a Kappa and the 2nd by an Omega. A lot of the Greeks participated but the nature of my work environment supports that attire, but all were worn on casual Fridays, and MLK day was casual attire day as well.

I don't see anything wrong with showing your affiliation at work, but follow dress code guidelines first.

I have 2 stuffed elephants in my cube as well an elephant my nephew made for me in daycare. Later on I might add more but that's it for now for decoration.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
The most I've ever done was carry my AKA umbrella (which I have with me right now), or carry my AKA bags. I've yet to wear my jacket to work. It's getting cold, so that's not an issue for now, lol.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Yuppers....

Casual Friday; Polo t-shirt with jeans. I also carry my aka umbrella to work on a daily.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I work for the Fed Gov and it is pretty laid back here, but it also depends on what you do here too. I have worn my shirt and jacket and I have seen some of the other employees wear theirs. If I was a branch chief or division director, I probably would minimize it to a tote and umbrella.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
I haven't. . .yet. However, I do have an elephant figurine on my desk, a pic of me and my back throwing up the 'mid in an elephant frame on my desk, and a drawing of a lady throwin up the 'mid on my bulletin board.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 10-24-2005, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I work with toddlers so I choose not to wear any paraphermalia. The closest I come to wearing anything TNX realated is a lavender shirt. My co-workers don't even know I'm in a sorority
Old 10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
When I was working at the call center, I wore my polo shirt on causal days (usually Fridays and Saturdays). I also had my unbrella and Delta purse everyday. One of my co-workers wore her line jacket when she was cold or if it was cold outside.

What not to wear at work: I worked with a girl at the call center who was in ABC sorority. At the time, we did causal everyday since it was hot. She was a undergrad and a neo (bless her heart). This particular day at work, she came with her shirt (in the sorority's colors), the front was in big Greek letters, and the back had her line name and number (this was a printed shirt and not sewn in). She also had tight blue jeans. And remember the boots that look liked Air Force Ones? Well she had the boots in one of the sorority's colors and painted letters on the other color.

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 10-24-2005, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

When I'm work I usually just carry my tote around and a DST umbrella. I always wear my DST chain around my neck

Quote:
What not to wear at work: I worked with a girl at the call center who was in ABC sorority. At the time, we did causal everyday since it was hot. She was a undergrad and a neo (bless her heart). This particular day at work, she came with her shirt (in the sorority's colors), the front was in big Greek letters, and the back had her line name and number (this was a printed shirt and not sewn in). She also had tight blue jeans. And remember the boots that look liked Air Force Ones? Well she had the boots in one of the sorority's colors and painted letters on the other color.
(I'm more mad at the boots than anything else)
Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
Quote:
Originally posted by DSTinguished1

(I'm more mad at the boots than anything else)
And they were in a very bright color!!!!

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 10-25-2005, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't wear 'nalia to my present job. When teaching, I wore my lanyard and carried an occasional AKA tote bag. At another job, I wore a jacket once because I went to work right after attending a community service event.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

lol. She said bulletin board.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I and several sorors that work in my company have desk items (pencil holder, magnets, picture frames, etc.). I also have two DST prints on my desk.

I wear a neck chain with my employee id and switch off between a Delta neckchain and one from my undergraduate institution.

We don't generally WEAR para clothing. I have seen a jacket or two on some Greeks but thats it.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CountryGurl Send a message via Yahoo to CountryGurl
On Fridays we can wear Paraphernalia. I mainly I think its because I teach at a high school and we try our best to make our students aware of things that are college related.

Nu Gamma Omega Chapter