GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,228
0 members and 1,228 guests
No Members online

Old 03-08-2021, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

My school district is holding a clinic for interested staff members to get their first shot this Wednesday. My husband works for a very large metro Atlanta school district. They are very slowly assigning appointments for staff beginning today. He's not waiting. He was able to get an appointment at a Walgreens about an hour from our home.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-08-2021, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

There was an article in today's local paper about percentage per school district of employees who took advantage of the mass vaccines. What I couldn't decipher was whether they were speaking of teachers or ALL staff.

The school district where I live had 67% of "staff" receive the vaccine. I know of
several bus drivers who have been very vocal that they don't plan to get the shot because of the "microchip Bill Gates put inside the vax". (yeah, I went to high school with them).

Most districts in the county were in the 65-75% range with 3 outliers. The 2 Catholic schools had a 90% compliance rate. The other, for which I'll withhold my opinion of the district, only had a 55% compliance rate.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
We had a major debacle last week...the university sent out an email inviting all faculty, students, and staff for leftover vaccines due to cancelled appointments. I called and scheduled my son and I for the next day. It turns out only those in clinical placements (student teachers, nurses, clinical faculty) were supposed to be invited. It appears some top administrators had a heads up an scheduled/went that afternoon, along with others who had called and got in that afternoon. By the next morning, they had figured out the error and our appointments were cancelled. It made the news.
You can likely schedule through Rite Aid now. They drop new appointments between 11:45 and midnight, Tuesday through Saturday. The ones they drop tomorrow will be for Tuesday 3/16, the ones they drop Wednesday will be for 3/17, etc. One day of appointments, one week in advance.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I got in at Meijer for March 10. I was contacted by them, and by Spectrum (who had cancelled us) a few hours after the cancellation. Not exactly a smooth operation!
Old 03-10-2021, 04:56 AM

I'm signed up for my first shot!

Here in Louisiana, the requirements were pretty tight: 65+, 55+ with comorbidities, pregnant, and certain professions (healthcare providers, teachers, daycare workers, police). But they just loosened the restrictions so that any adult with a comorbidity can get the shot. Obesity is a comorbidity. I've never before been happy to be fat. (Next COVID project: Lose weight.)
Old 03-10-2021, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ LOL! Just got my first Pfizer dose today. No ill effects at this point....
I'm glad it was Pfizer, because of the 3 week vs. 4 week interval before the next dose.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I was able to receive the Johnson & Johnson, one and done!!!!! According to the local news -New Orleans is leading the nation getting people vaccinated.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicampbell View Post
I was able to receive the Johnson & Johnson, one and done!!!!! According to the local news -New Orleans is leading the nation getting people vaccinated.
Is anyone on GC from Alaska? NPR mentioned Alaska leads all states in percentage of its citizens vaccinated against COVID.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Is anyone on GC from Alaska? NPR mentioned Alaska leads all states in percentage of its citizens vaccinated against COVID.
I heard yesterday, also on NPR, that Alaska has opened up vaccinations to everyone 16 or older (those under the age of 18 are limited to the Pfizer vaccine). That's impressive.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

My Goddaughter (Theta, now an alumna) got the Moderna vaccine. She said the first shot was no big deal but the second shot made her arm feel like she had pitched a doubleheader in softball. I bought some magnets and I’m going to make a sleeve with them so I can wear it after my second shot (magnet therapy).
Old 03-11-2021, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I got the first Moderna shot yesterday! My arm hurts like hell-they really put the intramuscular in intramuscular injection-but other than that I've noticed no side effects. New York has opened appointments to people with a variety of disabilities but I didn't need to provide proof of that to get it, which was nice because I didn't have to rifle through my medical records to figure out how to prove it. The New York State Fairgrounds site in Syracuse had helium balloons and the NC State-Cuse basketball game on, so it was actually almost fun!
Old 03-12-2021, 12:36 AM

Quote:
I'm glad it was Pfizer, because of the 3 week vs. 4 week interval before the next dose.
I thought it was the other way around - Moderna had the 3 week interval and Pfizer was 4 weeks.

I will almost certainly be getting the Pfizer shot. I'm sure they'll tell me when I should schedule my second jab. They may even have scheduled it for me automatically when I signed up for the first shot - obviously I will confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicampbell View Post
GEAUX NEW ORLEANS!

With the newly relaxed vaccine restrictions in Louisiana, there will be a lot more shots in arms in the next few weeks. Maybe we can actually have our rescheduled Jazz Fest and French Quarter Fest in the fall this year.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

The only person in our family currently eligible for a covid vaccine wants to wait for a one-and-done J&J shot. As slow and haphazard as the vaccine rollout seems in her area, by patiently waiting she may get her wish.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
I thought it was the other way around - Moderna had the 3 week interval and Pfizer was 4 weeks.
Nope...I am scheduled for 3 weeks later...my husband had Moderna and it was 4 weeks in between. Hope all goes well for you!
Old 03-16-2021, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We got our first doses on the same day! I did get Moderna so dose #2 will be April 10th with "fully vaccinated" status commencing on April 24th. My daughter will be fully vaccinated on April 20th. We're working on getting my son an appointment for after 3/22 when it opens up to his age group with conditions.