GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,192
1 members and 1,191 guests
No Members online

Old 09-15-2002, 09:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to angelprincess
Lightbulb information

I was just wondering about a little thing. I am going to be graduating in May with my undergraduate degree. I am planning on going to SUNY Albany fro Graduate Study in Social Work. What I want to know is if I could join Alpha Phi while I am in gaduate school and how would I go about doing this? I contacted the national headquaters and they said that they could not put me in contact with an alumni chapters until I am no longer a Collegiate. I just like to be prepared.

Thanks,
Stephanie
Old 09-16-2002, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Are you an Alpha Phi right now? If you are, you would join the alumnae chapter where ever you moved.

If you are not, I believe was Alpha Phi International was telling you was that you would affiliate with the Alpha Phi alumnae chapter in your area if you are interested in getting initiated as an alumnae.

I believe that in order to join Alpha Phi (and most other Panhellenic sororities), you must be a collegian. Thus, if you were a graduate student and still wanted to join Alpha Phi, you would contact the Alpha Phi alumnae group in your local area. You'd get to know them and the members, forge relationships. If you decide you are still interested you could pursue alumnae initiation.

Lauradav and APhigal can correct me if I am wrong. They are extremely well-versed in this sort of thing.

Best of luck to you as you pursue Alpha Phi opportunities.

Geneen
Old 09-16-2002, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

To learn more about Alpha Phi and alumnae initiation, I invite you to visit Alpha Phi International's website:
Old 09-16-2002, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Angelprincess, I'm assuming that you are not already a member of Alpha Phi -- am I right? If not, once you graduate, you could pursue alumna initiation with Alpha Phi. There is some awesome information in the alumni forum about alumnae initiation, starting with CutiePie2000's advice for prospective alumnae initiates thread. I am a proud and happy alumna initiate of Alpha Phi, and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck, and keep us updated!!
Old 09-17-2002, 12:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to angelprincess
Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Angelprincess, I'm assuming that you are not already a member of Alpha Phi -- am I right? If not, once you graduate, you could pursue alumna initiation with Alpha Phi. There is some awesome information in the alumni forum about alumnae initiation, starting with CutiePie2000's advice for prospective alumnae initiates thread. I am a proud and happy alumna initiate of Alpha Phi, and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck, and keep us updated!!
Sorry I really like these smilies.
Anyways, thank you all for your information. Yes, valkyrie I am not currently a member of Alpha Phi, but the thing is I can't what to graduate and I like to be prepared for things that I want to do in the future. I was just hoping to get a jump start on the alumna process, but it seems that I will have to wait until May. I will try to keep everyone informed. It is hard to explain but I am "falling in love" with Alpha Phi just from reading posts here and looking at the national homepage. The organization is something that I really would like to be involved with. This passion will defintly stay with me until May.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by angelprincess
It is hard to explain but I am "falling in love" with Alpha Phi just from reading posts here and looking at the national homepage. The organization is something that I really would like to be involved with. This passion will defintly stay with me until May.
Stephanie,

Aww, that is very sweet! I do wish you the best of luck pursuing alumna initiation upon graduation.

Last edited by SATX*APhi; 04-09-2004 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by angelprincess

It is hard to explain but I am "falling in love" with Alpha Phi just from reading posts here and looking at the national homepage. The organization is something that I really would like to be involved with. This passion will defintly stay with me until May.
Oh, girl I SO understand because I had the exact same experience! Good luck, and keep in touch -- I hope you'll hang out around greekchat between now and May.