GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,364
1 members and 1,363 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-27-2012, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkAOII View Post
I was released from my legacy sorority (AOII), and then was later offered a snap bid on bid day. My life that first semester would have been much easier if the rush adviser had not told my sister why I was released. It was hard enough to go away to school and not know anyone, but the fact that my sister told me why after she was informed made it much much harder.
I am proud to be a sister in AOII, but I wish that I would have gotten there a different way, not knowing all the details.
Oh, how sad. You didn't need to ever hear that. Things are secret for a reason. I'm sure it's all in the far past, but those kinds of hurtful things find a way of sticking with you. I say it a million times, when calling family, sisters need to ZIP IT!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
It took me forever to figure out how this was panda related.

/stupid.
You're not the only one. The first time I was looking at it, I couldn't see it all. I even thought she had linked the wrong image. I didn't "see" it until you quoted the picture. Then it seemed really clear. So odd!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter was released by my sorority right before pref and, frankly, on occasion it still makes me mad. (How dare they cut my perfect, precious little snowflake!) However, I think she really did end up where she was meant to be. She has gone on to be a real leader in her chapter and has made some wonderful life-long friends. In fact my daughter and one of her best friends, who was cut by her mom's chapter, have frequently said "Thank God both of them cut us because we wouldn't have ended up together!"
Old 08-27-2012, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

My younger sister was released by my sorority, but she found her home as a sister of yours in Zeta! It was very disappointing to both of us when it happened, but it really did all work out and she found the best fit.