GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,176
0 members and 2,176 guests
No Members online

Old 07-04-2001, 07:29 PM

Cool "Our thing"

No that topic has nothing to do with the fact that I'm watching the Godfather on AMC. Well maybe it does. Anyway, what are some of the little "sayings" or things your chapter says that no one else understands? Even after lo these many years, my sisters and I still say:

2.5 - a very small amount. "Don't leave for the Crow house yet, I'll be ready in 2.5 seconds."

random - out of nowhere, not easily identifiable. "Where did that random beer come from?"

multitudinous - very large. I think this originally came from Family Ties. "I have a multitudinous collection of letters."
Old 07-04-2001, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Random is one of my favorite words. I use it all the time, and have turned everyone on to it.

"Sketchy"--definitely New England slang. Basically used to define someone or something who is less than legitimate.

"Shady"--same thing.

Old 07-04-2001, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaChiGirl:
Random is one of my favorite words. I use it all the time, and have turned everyone on to it.

"Sketchy"--definitely New England slang. Basically used to define someone or something who is less than legitimate.

"Shady"--same thing.

LOL! When I was at Tulane I had a friend who was from Boston and she would talk about someone being "shady" or "sketchy" and I had never heard of it before

Didn't realize it was a yankee thing
Old 07-05-2001, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

yeah, we use "random", "shady", "sketchy", and also, instead of 2.5 seconds, we say "2.2 seconds"....
one i used to say that kind of caught on w/ my sisters and some of my friends..

i would say "whatev" instead of whatever... it's kinda catchy.

i also say "bunk".. like, "that is a bunch of bunk".. as in BS, or crap. i got it from my grandfather... haha.

and i say "roll in deep" when i am going to a party w/ and bunch of sisters.

i can't think of anymore right now, but if i do, i will post again.

agd love, tatianna

------------------
it's hard being a princess...AGD
Old 07-05-2001, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
We used random too.

Baked -- as in "I'm so baked." ie: fried, stoned, whatever

"Remember MAPS." Sorry guys--this means Men Are Pigs. ha ha

Hmmm that's all I remember right now. I'm old. LOL
Old 07-05-2001, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Cool

One right now that refers to my situation:

Remember your GC!

GC means Girl Code which is one of the funniest books, but also has alot of good rules such as ONCE A GIRL 'CLAIMS' A GUY, ALL OF HER FRIENDS HAVE TO KEEP OFF OF HIM EVEN IF THEY LIKE HIM TOO!

As you can tell... Im a little pissy tonite!

<3 Ali

------------------
"...A dynamic sisterhood of powerful and passionate women maintaining uncompromising principles, igniting positive change, and embracing individuality!"

Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma Chapter
---
1-9-4-6 Doohretsis!

Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron Chapter
---
Go Golden Chickens! I mean EAGLES!

There are only a few good things that came out of Clarion- Chris Kirkpatrick of NSync, Kurt Angle (Pre WWF!) and any PHI SIGMA SIGMA!
Old 07-05-2001, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
My girls always say "Not so much". If we dont agree with something, if we dont like something, anything negative, we use our phraze.

------------------
I duno what I been told, Phi Mu girls are made of gold!
Phildo
PM W'00
Old 07-05-2001, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

At our house we use...

shady...same as everyone else like, "some shady shit went down last night at the party"

random...anyone who is not a Greek, like "oh she was just some random she is not a XYZ"

a stranger...any beer that is just sitting around

rolled on...when any large number of things arrives at the house, such as "we just got rolled on by a bunch of XYZ (meaning the sorority girls have arrived at the party) or if another fraternity comes to fight, we got rolled on by XYZ"

Old 07-05-2001, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

In my chapter we started using the saying milf for hot older ladies, which evolved into "Now thats a tall glass of milf" or "I sure could go for a tall glass of milf" or "Boys round up some cookies Im gonna go drink some milf"..........Other things we tend to say that no one understands is something one of our brothers from North Louisiana brought with him....When ever he refers to anyone he always says "You know old boy over there" Old boy can be anything from a girl to a bottle of coke....So when we refer to something no one knows about its Old boy....Next to the old car, who has an old dad....You know taht old boy...The girls around us also use Random but to refer to guys they hooked up with that there friends dont know...So if you ask who is that girl dating they will say well she hooked up with some random the other night......Or to that effect, The girls also say they are Haunt when they are imbarressed(not sure about spelling)which is an old cajun word..but all the girls in wto sororities use it....We also use the word Swoll alot....Normally to refer to other guys that are huge and have big muscles, But it has turned into a joke...Like when someonecomes up who is short but built we say whats up half swoll, or a guy who isnt built at all would be anti swoll....But by far the funniest thing is when a girl has on really short cootchie cutter shorts...We generally start saying things about feeding cats cause It looks like she is eating her shorts and not with her mouth.....So I usually start in witha nice meow, and then later.......I want chicken I want liver Meow Mix Meow Mix please deliver.............
Old 07-05-2001, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Jank. (pronounced ja-ank). Hot beer is jank. Men in speedos is jank. People from Ohio invading our great southern state and driving slow in the left lane while I politely try to shove a 4000 pound Chevy truck as far up there tailpipe as I can is jank.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

To refer to anything, we use the word godd@%n, like "Hey, give me the gd" or "could you please pass the gd" or "I'm going to the gd, anyone want to come with?" This comes from my big bro's big bro, maybe even farther back than that.

random - There is one guy in the house that says the most random stuff, so anyone says something out of the blue, someone will inevitably yeall out "RANDOM!!!" and then someone else usually says "timmah!!!!" Also, when you want to say random, as in "I just grabbed a random plate" instead, you say "I just Codied a plate" Cody is the name of the random dude.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

wtf...as in what the f@*k!!!

random....as in "what happened last night was so random!" or, "we hung out with some randoms last night"

SCORE!...this our phrase for when something exciting or goos happens to someone...guess its left over from my cheerleading days!
Old 07-05-2001, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412:
"Remember MAPS." Sorry guys--this means Men Are Pigs. ha ha

Haha! We always said B.A.D. (Boys are Dumb). I guess this is just universal knowledge?

------------------
SilverTurtle

Phi Beta Fraternity: National Professional Association for the Creative & Performing Arts
Old 07-05-2001, 02:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Yeah 33girl, we had the, "I'll be ready in .2 ok?" Like it ever happened.

Our other one was when we'd be out and one of our sisters was looking at/interested/ beer goggling a guy that wasn't what she should be doing, we'd just walk up and say "Home Depot". It had to do with this one night we went to a lame bar, and my one sister walked in and said, "Welcome to Home Depot, this place is full of tools!"
Old 07-05-2001, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nucutiepie:
Alpha Chi Girl, when discussing Yankee slang, how could you EVER forget WICKED????
As in "that guy was wicked sketchy..."

although its mostly a MA thing and you go to school in RI....

Yeah, you can't forget that. I never used wicked or sketchy until I came to school in Boston.
One our chapter has come up with: "Eat a bag..." Kinda telling someone to screw off.