GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,144
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, dartyparty
» Online Users: 602
0 members and 602 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2001, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Rho Chi Disaffiliation??

I already tried a search, but couldn't find the answer...thanks in advance for any help!

Does disaffiliation include when the house is deciding which girls to invite back? Are the Rho Chi's allowed to participate in the discussion, or are they not allowed to talk to anyone in their house during rush? Also, on one of the other boards, a girl said somehting about not being able to go out at night during rush, so her rho chi would visit her? Is this rule normal for most school? Why wouldn't you be allowed to go out with non-greek friends at night after rush? Are rushees allowed to go out? Thanks again for any answers! Like usual, I have a million questions!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2001, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

Does disaffiliation include when the house is deciding which girls to invite back? Are the Rho Chi's allowed to participate in the discussion, or are they not allowed to talk to anyone in their house during rush?

Sunny, Rho Chis deaffiliate in order to seem impartial, so no, they do not have a say in which girls are being cut or invited back, nor are they supposed to have any contact with any sorority members (although at any school you're bound to find Rho Chis who bend or even break the rules).

Also, on one of the other boards, a girl said somehting about not being able to go out at night during rush, so her rho chi would visit her? Is this rule normal for most school? Why wouldn't you be allowed to go out with non-greek friends at night after rush? Are rushees allowed to go out?

I can't speak for all campus, but my campus at least has a rule about no Greek parties until IFC/NPC Recruitment is finished. As for going out at night in general, it makes it a lot easier on Rho Chis/Panhel if you are home in case they need to get a hold of you. Also, if you go out and partying and you miss an event, you can be kicked out of Recruitment.

[This message has been edited by LeslieEMU (edited August 17, 2001).]
Old 08-18-2001, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to smile_forever_greek_life
Cool

At my school they could not talk about recurment events or look at are pictueswith the girls and as of the august 12th could not talk to there house till rush was finished.
Our Rho's told us when we were finished for the day so we could go out with the other girls and normal one of the rho's would go along with us. Are Rho's always asked for a cell phone # just in case we needed to get back to the campus soon.

[This message has been edited by smile_forever_greek_life (edited August 18, 2001).]