GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,127
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, asamathattso539
» Online Users: 1,465
2 members and 1,463 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 10-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

We have five Leadership Consultants. We get a visit once a year.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-29-2010, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Delta Gamma also calls them Chapter Development Consultants, but years ago, they were Field Consultants!
We currently have 9.
I think they're actually Collegiate Development Consultants. The 2010-2011 CDCs were featured on the cover of the Fall 2010 ANCHORA.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

AOII has ELCs (Educational Leadership Consultants). This is a new program that started up this year. Prior to this year we had other consultant programs. When I was a collegian they were called Chapter Consultants. Way back in the day they were called Traveling Secretaries I believe. AOII has 6 ELCs this year. It is my understanding every chapter will receive a visit. Then all of the colonies will have ELC visits multiple times. I'm so excited we have this new program. The ELCs are already doing amazing things with our chapters!

Side note: My great aunt was a traveling secretary for Theta in the late 1920s!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I think we have 6-7 Leadership Consultants this year, but we also have 2nd year LC's who will stay with a new chapter. Like when my chapter recolonized 08-09 school year, they had an LC with them the whole year. I believe the chapter I currently advise had the same thing when they colonized (the same year as my chapter's recolonization).

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-30-2010, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Hannah View Post
I think they're actually Collegiate Development Consultants. The 2010-2011 CDCs were featured on the cover of the Fall 2010 ANCHORA.
YAY for CDCs!

And I actually just met with one of the girls in my chapter (I am the adviser) to work on her application to become a CDC!! She has a great start and I am soooo excited for her!!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:17 PM

^^^Not gonna lie, we open up RC applications in a few weeks and I am already hinting to some of the girls (both from my collegiate chapter and the ones I work with in my volunteer role) that they should apply.

It's a pretty intense and competitive process but it's worth it if you get selected. Even if you don't end up getting selected, you still have had the opportunity to go down to HQ and meet some of our leadership (if you make it to the final rounds.)

Sidenote: Does anyone happen to know what chapters their consultants are from? I've always been curious about the schools consultants come from (there's always so much variety).

This year, our ladies represent Eta Tau (Embry Riddle FL), Delta Pi (Winthrop), Alpha Xi (Wisconsin-Whitewater), Epsilon Phi (UNC-Wilmington), and Gamma Mu (Southeastern Lousiana University).

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-30-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi Omega has 9. We call them Chapter Consultants. They typically cover a geographic area of the states. There is also a collegiate experience team, but my understanding is that these women are used for resources and do not travel.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Our current Chapter Leadership Consultant is from the Sigma Phi Chapter at Saint Francis University.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
We have five Leadership Consultants. We get a visit once a year.

Sigma Nu does visits once a semester. Or at least they did the last few years.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Phi Beta has 10 total Collegiate Leadership Consultants, or CLCs, as we call them. Our current group are from Oklahoma State, Idaho, Minnesota, Iowa State, Chapman, Denver, Kansas, Oklahoma City, Valparaiso, and Cal State-Fullerton.

3 of our CLCs are residents with our Grand Valley State colony and newest chapters at Florida Southern and Delaware. The other 7 travel to our other chapters, with each collegiate chapter getting at least one visit a year.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I applied to be a Leadership Consultant (the traveling kind) when I was a senior and was pretty bummed that I didn't at least get an initial interview. I'm sure tons of women apply, and the LCs are always amazing, so I guess that helped a little.

Our current LCs are from: Epsilon Delta (Arizona State), Mu (Butler), Epsilon (Illinois Wesleyan), Gamma Zeta (Arizona), Epsilon Mu (Clemson), Eta Iota (Creighton), and Delta Gamma (Michigan State).
Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Chi currently has 5 Leadership Consultants (LCs). Our directors also occasionally travel.

Our LCs are from Tri-State (Trine University, the chapter designation remains Tri-State), Albany, Florida, Coastal Carolina, and Arizona State.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
DPhiE doesn't have LC's anymore. Instead, we hired Membership Managers that work full-time for the sorority. Some of them are "just graduated" women, and others are a few years out. In any case, we have 3 full-time membership managers whose job it is to travel to chapters. Then we have a Director of Panhellenic Outreach who deals solely with colonies and new chapters.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
I applied to be a Leadership Consultant (the traveling kind) when I was a senior and was pretty bummed that I didn't at least get an initial interview. I'm sure tons of women apply, and the LCs are always amazing, so I guess that helped a little.

Our current LCs are from: Epsilon Delta (Arizona State), Mu (Butler), Epsilon (Illinois Wesleyan), Gamma Zeta (Arizona), Epsilon Mu (Clemson), Eta Iota (Creighton), and Delta Gamma (Michigan State).
I may not be a Kappa, but woo hoo to the two AZ schools

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaGirl22 View Post
We have 18 this year. We call them "TLCs" Traveling Leadership Consultants. I think this year might be the most we have had. When I was a collegian we'd only have 10-12 per year. In my experience, most chapters (not sure about all) get a visit at least once a year, usually during recruitment time, unless there's something else going on or its a very new chapter.
I remember at Convention they said we had the most this year out of all the NPC orgs - I thought that really showed IO's commitment to supporting the collegiate chapters.