GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 871
0 members and 871 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2005, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe this is just me, but I definitely would not want to talk to an alum if I was cut from all the sororities. I think that -- even if the sorority member got heavily cut during recruitment -- it would be hard to feel comforted by someone who's on the other side and has what I want. Sort of like getting dumped by a guy and then being forced to turn to comfort by his new girlfriend. How much comfort is it when the person you're talking to is a constant reminder of what you don't have? The last person I'd want to talk to right away would be someone in a sorority.

Ideally, I think that there would be two avenues of support for PNMs -- Rho Chis and a trained counselor. Somebody to talk to if you're really upset (like, the girls that get truly depressed), somebody to talk to if you're just a little disappointed. Somebody to talk to if you need to talk to a Greek, somebody to talk to who's removed from the whole situation. A counselor can deal with the emotional aspects while a Rho Chi can keep the girl informed on COB/informal rush and other possibilities. And ideally, both of these would be available for a while after rush, not just immediately after the cuts.