GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls

Old 09-14-2015, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Who is presenting at Central Missouri?
Old 09-14-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSL9981 View Post
Who is presenting at Central Missouri?
It has not been announced yet.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 09-14-2015, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Ohio State Presentations: Phi Mu, Alpha Delta Pi and Zeta Tau Alpha will present September 29, 30 and October 1 (not sure who is presenting on what days). A decision will be made in October for Spring 2016 recolonization.

Another recolonization will take place Spring 2018 where Kappa Kappa Gamma will be permitted to present with other chapters.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Ohio State Presentations: Phi Mu, Alpha Delta Pi and Zeta Tau Alpha will present September 29, 30 and October 1 (not sure who is presenting on what days). A decision will be made in October for Spring 2016 recolonization.

Another recolonization will take place Spring 2018 where Kappa Kappa Gamma will be permitted to present with other chapters.
So excited that ADPi has been invited to present! If I recall correctly, we and ZTA still own our houses there, right? Any idea on what condition they're in and who's in them now?

Also interesting that KKG does not get immediate recolonization ability but will instead be asked to present again. I wonder what they are doing with their house until then.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:48 PM

AOII was in ZTA's house until this year. I don't know if it is vacant now.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

ZTA and AST are both presenting at Dalton State College, GA on Sept 22nd and 23rd. School hasn't announced which group is presenting which day. Group chosen will be colonizing this spring.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoiimph View Post
ZTA and AST are both presenting at Dalton State College, GA on Sept 22nd and 23rd. School hasn't announced which group is presenting which day. Group chosen will be colonizing this spring.
Wow. I went there my first two years of college (when it was still a two year school) & now my nephew is there. AOPi is there now. Excited to see them expand Greek life.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
So excited that ADPi has been invited to present! If I recall correctly, we and ZTA still own our houses there, right? Any idea on what condition they're in and who's in them now?

Also interesting that KKG does not get immediate recolonization ability but will instead be asked to present again. I wonder what they are doing with their house until then.

ZTA and ADPi both still own their houses, which greatly went into the decision for selecting presenters. Fraternities are renting both but don't ask me the terms of the leases. The Zeta house wasn't in that bad of shape when AOPi lived there until Spring 2014, however it doesn't take long to trash a place. I haven't been in the ADPi house in 30 years but from the outside, it doesn't have the same grandure that is did when the sorority was there.

Kappa is under suspension and is not permitted to be considered until 2018. Their recolonization is not automatic. At this time, PHA hasn't decided if Kappa will be the only chapter considered or if they will be asked to present along with other sororities. Currently, the Kappa house is being used for graduate housing.

Phi Mu has really wanted to recolonize and I believe they presented with Gamma Phi Beta last extension. While they don't own their house any more (too bad because it was a fantastic location), there seems to be a strong contingent that really wants them back on campus.

5 sororities sent in packages. I know who one of the two not presenting is, but not the other.

On a side note, Gamma Phi had their house ribbon cutting over the weekend and I was told the first floor is immaculate. The house only holds 22 beds, which is on the small side for sorority houses particularly with the 2nd year campus live-in requirement starting fall 2016.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

On a side note, Gamma Phi had their house ribbon cutting over the weekend and I was told the first floor is immaculate. The house only holds 22 beds, which is on the small side for sorority houses particularly with the 2nd year campus live-in requirement starting fall 2016.
I have seen pictures and it looks great! I heard the bedrooms are small and they're housing as many sisters as they can, but it's pretty tight.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ damned spammer - out, out I say! OUT!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-16-2015, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Ohio State Expansion

Quote:
ZTA and ADPi both still own their houses, which greatly went into the decision for selecting presenters. Fraternities are renting both but don't ask me the terms of the leases. The Zeta house wasn't in that bad of shape when AOPi lived there until Spring 2014, however it doesn't take long to trash a place. I haven't been in the ADPi house in 30 years but from the outside, it doesn't have the same grandure that is did when the sorority was there.

Kappa is under suspension and is not permitted to be considered until 2018. Their recolonization is not automatic. At this time, PHA hasn't decided if Kappa will be the only chapter considered or if they will be asked to present along with other sororities. Currently, the Kappa house is being used for graduate housing.

Phi Mu has really wanted to recolonize and I believe they presented with Gamma Phi Beta last extension. While they don't own their house any more (too bad because it was a fantastic location), there seems to be a strong contingent that really wants them back on campus.

5 sororities sent in packages. I know who one of the two not presenting is, but not the other.

Only ZTA owns their house. ADPi sold their house to FIJI when they closed their chapter.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Centre College has invited Alpha Sigma Alpha, Kappa Delta, and Phi Mu to present in the Spring of 2016.

Source: http://cento.centre.edu/fifth-sorori...ded-to-campus/
Old 09-17-2015, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
Wow. I went there my first two years of college (when it was still a two year school) & now my nephew is there. AOPi is there now. Excited to see them expand Greek life.

I'm a current member of the AOII chapter here! It's an exciting time here at DSC. This will be our fourth greek organization!

Update:

ZTA is presenting Sept 22nd. AST is presenting Sept 23rd.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoiimph View Post
I'm a current member of the AOII chapter here! It's an exciting time here at DSC. This will be our fourth greek organization!

Update:

ZTA is presenting Sept 22nd. AST is presenting Sept 23rd.
I know there's a fraternity there as well, but what are the other two orgs?
Old 09-18-2015, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororitygal1851 View Post
Only ZTA owns their house. ADPi sold their house to FIJI when they closed their chapter.
Apologies. I was told ADPi still owned it. I don't follow real estate transfers.