GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,460
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, anthonshtolze75
» Online Users: 2,445
4 members and 2,441 guests
Kevin, VadaF19787

Old 11-21-2001, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KappaStargirl
1. People who don't sign their credit cards
Sorry, I don't for safety reasons. I sign it "check id."
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-21-2001, 06:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
1) Vancouver Drivers
2) Boy Bands
3) Girl Bands
4) Terrorism
5) Backstabbers
6) Liars
7) Toronto Maple Leaf Fans
8) taxes
9) Negative people
10) salespeople/telemarketets
Old 11-21-2001, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by alphachiohmy

Sorry, I don't for safety reasons. I sign it "check id."
technically, theyre not suposed to accept it if it is not signed - thats what the NOT AUTHORIZED UNLESS SIGNED means on the back by the signature box - a few times i've used my dad's credit card, and they look at it and the signature - and the cashier is like ok, thanks! hello!!!!! Nicole looks nothing like Richard! Oh dumb sales people.....
Old 11-21-2001, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IowaHawkeye

technically, theyre not suposed to accept it if it is not signed - thats what the NOT AUTHORIZED UNLESS SIGNED means on the back by the signature box - a few times i've used my dad's credit card, and they look at it and the signature - and the cashier is like ok, thanks! hello!!!!! Nicole looks nothing like Richard! Oh dumb sales people.....
Oh. So does that mean all my discover card purchases weren't authorized. And therefore I owe them nothing? I wonder if that will hold up in a court o law?

A girl can dream can't she?
Old 11-21-2001, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
1. banks that charge you an overdraft fee when you bounce a check..obviously you don't have the $$ in there to begin with

2. phone #'s that come up unavailable on caller id

3. slow drivers..well..slow people in general..especially slow walkers but you can't get around them

4. people that get significant others, who they end up spending 24/7 with, but as soon as their S.O. is busy/out of town/etc they are your best friend again

5. people that come to my work(i work in the computer labs on campus), and tell me that their computer won't print, when there are specific instructions DIRECTLY AT EYELEVEL ABOVE THE PRINTER about what to do if your computer won't print

6. people that don't dress for the weather(shorts in a snowstorm)

7. bicyclists that ride in the middle of the road as if they were a car, so you can't get around them, but then don't adhere to any traffic laws(running stop signs, etc..)

8. people that don't call when they say they will

9. computer generated talking animals(think movie: cats&dogs)

10. when complete strangers hit on you over the internet

11. parents who bring their children to the store when its past MY bedtime
Old 11-21-2001, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by alphachiohmy

3. Roommates who are supposed to pay bills and then don't, which is why my cable was disconnected and we keep getting threatening calls from the power co. And my roomies are out of town. Thank goodness I am outa here Dec. 15.
Why don't you live in a dorm or university apartments, aren't they cheaper?
Old 11-21-2001, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412
Not just rush hour-- ANY hour on the 405--its not a freeway, its a parking lot.
Amen, sister! Have you been on the 110 lately? Its a nightmare.

And lucky me, 1/2 of my drive to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow is on the 405. Call the Highway Patrol if I don't check into GC by Monday.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
1. People who knock on the door AS THEY ARE WALKING INTO MY ROOM- this completely defeats the purpose of the knock, you idiot.

2. Being a waitress in a restaurant that closes at 10 pm and- it never fails- always being the one to catch THAT TABLE that walks in in 9:59 pm.

3. People who wear pantyhose with open toed shoes. And panty lines. God invented thongs for a REASON, ya'll.

4. My ex-boyfriend, who always invades my life precisely at that moment when I am getting involved with someone else.

5. The "acknowledgement nod"- ladies, you know what I'm talking about here. When the guy you're hooking up with sees you around campus and rather that actually give you the courtesy of hello, tilts his head to show you the underside of his chin to convey a greeting. I HATE that.

6. Guys who do that "ssss" thing when you walk by. What is that? Am I supposed to be attracted to that? What, do I have a snake fetish or something? Uh-uh.

7. How if you are having JUST ONE bad day, and happen to say something a bit snippy, there will always be THAT GUY around to look at you weird and say "Is it your time of the month?" NO! It is NOT my time of the month, jackass! I just DON'T LIKE YOU!

8. Britney Spears. The girl looks like a damn fetus! Her eyes are too far apart- they're practically on either side of her head!

9. My Behavior Principles professor. Quite frankly, I don't need to know about your diarrhea. Likewise,I don't need to smell your feet when you remove your shoes and socks during the lecture. And did you hear about this radical new concept called bathing?

10. Three words: New York Yankees.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:49 PM

There are so many I can't even rank 'em.

#1 has to be IDIOT DRIVERS. Y'know, the folks that cut in front of you without looking b/c they're too busy yakking on their f***ing CELL PHONE. Now, I own a cell phone, but the only time you'll catch me using it in the car is if (a) I'm pulled over or (b) I'm calling 911.

#2 has to be idiots without brake lights. In Connecticut, safety inspections aren't even the law. More than once, I nearly rear ended some a$$hole who stopped short in front of me, because he didn't have any brake lights.

#3: Then there are the people who can't be bothered flushing the toilet. Ewww. I have some of those at work... ewww...

I will add some more when I'm more awake...
Old 11-21-2001, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

my current list (subject to change at anytime..)

10. Stupid people who insist on reproducing. WHY make the rest of us suffer??
9. smokers
8. smokers who drive in front of motorcycles(me) and flick their butts out the window and in my direction.
7.Women who wear flip-flops or any open-toed shoe when it's raining and cold.
6.49ER and Oakland Raiders fans. GO Cowboys!!
5.People who try to read my newspaper over my shoulder. Usually on public transportation. Get your own friggen' paper ya cheap bastard!
4.Non greeks who think your initiation included killing sheep.
3.hate groups
2.religious bible thumpers.Trust me they come in all colors.
1.That idiot girl I work with who told me and I quote "All black people are good athletes and dancers". Yes, I restrained myself but I was honestly about 2 seconds from punching her in the face.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brooklineu

Just wait until someone steals your card, signs the back, and then gets a fake ID made in your name.
THANK YOU!! That is EXACTLY why you should sign the card, not write "check ID." Some merchants will refuse to take a card that doesn't have an actual signature on the back because they could lose their jobs (card isn't authorized for use by its owner, ergo merchant is not authorized to accept it). I never bother to ask for ID, my reason being that I HAVE to assume that all the credit cards I see have been stolen (because people can be crooks!). Even if the name on the ID matches the name on the card, I still can't prove the card belongs to the person who gave it to me if it shows no actual signature. If the card is stolen, I can't do anything about it, I am under no obligation to ask for ID. I have to hope that the credit card company catches up to the crook.

Signatures are much harder to copy than most people think. Signing your card is your BEST protection against fraud. If your card should ever be stolen, one of the first questions your creditor will ask you when you call to report it is "Was it signed?" If not, you can be liable for any purchases made by the thief. Not signing your card gives license to ANYONE to use your card.

Sorry to go on so long, but we have to be careful with the holiday season approaching. There's a reason I put this rant as #1.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay...

1. pop up ads
2. oblivious slow walkers -- the ones who walk two or three across, taking up the whole sidewalk so you can't get around them, and their friends, who walk two or three across coming the other way so you either get flattened by them or smooshed against a building
3. SUVs (I'm sure I'll catch holy hell for that one)
4. guys at the gym who lift way more weight than they can handle, and to make up for it lift waaaay too fast and grunt
5. Tom Green
6. Courtney Love
7. people who walk down the street smoking cigars, or cigars in general
8. the pee smelling alley I have to walk past on my way to work
9. heat -- as in hot weather or having the heat turned up too high inside -- nowhere in the world should ever be hotter than 75 degrees, EVER
10. (getting serious for a second) -- people who don't take care of their animal friends, and the fact that thousands of animals are euthanized every year because they have no homes, or are abused, or don't get the care they deserve.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:06 AM

1 Loud people (when drunk, ...)
2 Waiting for the god damn elevator
3 Really thin loo paper
4 All singing divas
5 Tom cruise (give me a sick-bag!)
6 Having to work the next day after a fun night out
7 the way some doors open inwards, and others open outwards
8 Fan Clubs
9 All "Quick Burgers"
10 Chicks who shave all of their pubes

Old 11-22-2001, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

1. SAE-No, not the fraternity, Self Appointed Experts.
2. cheats/liars
3. people who use the "F" word, "you know" "yeah" "uh" to start every sentence out of their mouth.
4. remakes of old movies/songs rarely is it an improvement
5. tellers/checkers/etc who chat with their friends when a line is forming
6. one uppers-you have good news, but their news is ALWAY bigger and better
7. social climbers
8. people who openly treat others as "lesser" humans due to economics or race-unkind/critical people
9. people who don't brush their teeth and have visible plaque
10. old drunk goats hitting on really young girls who don't want the attention
Old 11-22-2001, 04:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
I forgot a couple:

11) The Colorado Avalanche
12) The Loonie