GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,411
3 members and 1,408 guests
aagelusasd8172

Old 05-30-2015, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDAlum View Post

Interesting to know that Theta Phi Alpha is colonizing at Marietta.
I'm confused. I am pretty sure that Theta Phi Alpha already colonized at Marietta last year.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I'm confused. I am pretty sure that Theta Phi Alpha already colonized at Marietta last year.
Theta Phi Alpha's official Colony page still lists Marietta as a colony, with information as to how their colonies become chapters listed on same. It would appear this colony has not yet qualified as a full-fledged chapter.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Back when the stack was announced, I was told that housing was so tight it was going to present a major challenge. I don't know what the current status is, but I think we'd want to have that settled before colonization -- PNMs like to know.

From IP's thread, it does look like AOPi needs more time to establish...I am curious if they have a house yet. Anyone know?
Yes, AOII secured a house last Fall.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Since colleges have already commenced for the 2014-15 school year, I assume this announcement belongs in this thread.

Per the invitation sent to the Alumnae Listserv, Sigma Alpha Iota will charter it's Mu Eta Chapter at The University of Montevallo in Montevallo, AL on June 13, 2015.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Non-NPC Sororities 2015/2016

Non-NPC Sororities

CSU Channel Islands:

Delta Phi Rho

Zeta Pi Omega
Old 06-01-2015, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Per your other threads, don't these local sororties already exist? This thread is for announcing new extension opportunities and new colonizations in the upcoming school year. If one of these groups has officially announced that it is working with the NPC to officially express interest in extension/becoming a colony of a NPC sorority, then that would be an announcement that would be appropriate for this thread.
Zeta Pi Omega is going to express interest this coming semester
Old 06-01-2015, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizey7 View Post
Zeta Pi Omega is going to express interest this coming semester
I assume that the Zeta Pi Omega chapter at CSU Channel Islands is not affiliated with the sorority of the same name/ letters at the Illinois Institute of Technology?

I am pretty certain that there is a minimum number of active & functioning chapters required to join NPC. Does anyone know how many?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I assume that the Zeta Pi Omega chapter at CSU Channel Islands is not affiliated with the sorority of the same name/ letters at the Illinois Institute of Technology?

I am pretty certain that there is a minimum number of active & functioning chapters required to join NPC. Does anyone know how many?
I believe she means they may express interest in becoming a chapter of an NPC; not Zeta Pi Omega becoming the 27th NPC sorority... correct?

@~/~~~~
Old 06-02-2015, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I believe she means they may express interest in becoming a chapter of an NPC; not Zeta Pi Omega becoming the 27th NPC sorority... correct?
Right
Old 06-02-2015, 07:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Elizey, LaneSig (who moderates this thread) will be looking for a more official announcement, such as from The Office of Student Life or a chapter officer of the local. Your suggestion may be well-intentioned, but you are not an official spokesperson for either local sorority.

Last edited by pinksequins; 06-02-2015 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
Supposedly AOII and SDT are also presenting at Drexel
AOII did present at Drexel last Friday, I attended along with some other alumnae. No word yet on who was chosen out of the three groups presenting.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard any details about West Liberty University, and if one (or more) of the three locals is looking to go national, or if it's supposed to be a ground-up national colonization?
Old 06-02-2015, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post
Your suggestion may be well-intentioned, but you are not an official spokesperson for either local sorority.
Give them a break.

I highly doubt that a large majority of us are considered 'official spokesperson(s)' for our national organizations. Most of our national organizations and campus Greek Life Offices would prefer that much of this information never made it into the public realm as it is.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
Give them a break.

I highly doubt that a large majority of us are considered 'official spokesperson(s)' for our national organizations. Most of our national organizations and campus Greek Life Offices would prefer that much of this information never made it into the public realm as it is.
The thing is, she's not speaking as a member of the organizations she purports to know so much about, or as a member of any organization, even. Saying "Well XYZ told me they're going to go national during rush last semester" is not a report I would put much faith in, no matter how well-intentioned the reporter might be. As an ADPi I would feel qualified to comment on any information I heard about our expansion movements, but as a PNM? Not so much.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
Out of curiosity, has anyone heard any details about West Liberty University, and if one (or more) of the three locals is looking to go national, or if it's supposed to be a ground-up national colonization?
I've been wondering also.