GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,457
3 members and 2,454 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old 12-03-2006, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1856 View Post
This is the newest news story I found which does not say anything about a leak:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...61/1004/SPORTS

But this DOES:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...67/1004/SPORTS

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ck=1&cset=true

IF true
Well, the "leak" was correct.
The way my girl-friend looks at it ( she is the one with MBA from Michigan ) is she would rather watch a 5:30 PM on the 1st than a 7:30 PM game on the 8th.
And she is still of the belief that the Rose Bowl is the Queen of the Bowls.

On another note: The EA of the SAE Chapter at Boise State is a member of the Broncos football team only the 2nd Non BCS confrence team to go. TONY VOLPONI and the Broncos need your support.

Last edited by jon1856; 12-03-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-03-2006, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Kevin, I agree. I thought you were talking about BCS/Poll splits exclusively. Alabama claims just about everything. Bear Bryant once made a statement regarding that if anyone would name them national champs, they'd take it. There have been some comparisons, and while Alabama would still lead in championships, if using UA standards, several SEC teams would have quite a few more claimable titles than they currently advertise.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Lets See:

Fiesta Bowl: ridiculous, Oklahoma whipes Boise State all over the field, win by 20+. Who knows though...maybe we should consider those "impressive" Boise State wins over San Jose St. Fresno St. and Louisiana Tech....they could be tough.

Orange Bowl: Battle of the "Who Cares?" Louisville probably destroys Wake Forest because they're.....Wake Forest.....who makes a BCS game because they won the almighty ACC, yet are barely in the Top 15 in the BCS.

Sugar Bowl: LSU destroys Notre Dame because LSU is not Air Force/Navy/Army/Michigan State. Notre Dame loses by a a combined 46 points to GOOD teams......yet still makes a BCS because they won 9 games against crap. (oh wait, that "big" win over Penn State must have made up for it.)

Rose Bowl: I despise USC with a strong passion.....so i'm hoping Michigan deals with them handedly with a strong hateful prejudice. The fact that USC is in a BCS is a joke......oh wait......they play in the Pac 10....so its not. They are also at the forefront of ESPN's sexual fantasies, particularly those of Mark May and Kirk Herbstreet, so that helps. Only in the Pac 10 can you lose to two teams that would struggle in a Texas pee-wee football league and still come out on top. But hey, that "season changing" win over 7-5 (then #21) Oregon was something special.

National Championship: I really don't care who wins. If Ohio State wins....will anyone care? I'm not even sure if Jim Tressel would care. I'm sure his post game speech would go something like "Yay.Its Great.Thanks"...keep in mind that this is spoken with no facial expressions, no smiles, and is extremely monotone. Tressel also forbids his players from dousing him with a cooler full of Gatorade because he doesn't want to A.) Mess up his perfectly parted hair B.)Get Wet C.)Ruin a perfectly good red sweater and tie D.)Catch a cold.

If Florida wins.....all of the swamp trash will rejoice and ask each other what sport they were just watching and what state Ohio State is from....also, Urban Meyer will gloat and talk more shit about Michigan and will then call Kirk Herbstreet a nancy boy fag for disagreeing with Florida even playing in the game. Florida will have also been aided by Joakim Noah......who came to the game just to distract Ohio State.....and the entire stadium with his horrendously hideous looks.

In other news.....we are going to the Alamo Bowl against Iowa.....truly an embarassment, I want to throw up. The only other worthwhile game is the Cotton....
Old 12-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
Kevin, I agree. I thought you were talking about BCS/Poll splits exclusively. Alabama claims just about everything. Bear Bryant once made a statement regarding that if anyone would name them national champs, they'd take it. There have been some comparisons, and while Alabama would still lead in championships, if using UA standards, several SEC teams would have quite a few more claimable titles than they currently advertise.
Before the BCS, the AP was pretty much the deciding factor. Once the BCS came about, the AP still existed, but when they realized that they could create split champions, the AP got out of that business entirely.

That said, to declare a championship which is claimed by anyone else, you ought to at least place an * next to it.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll care!! The rest of Buckeye Nation will care!!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25 View Post
Lets See:

Fiesta Bowl: ridiculous, Oklahoma whipes Boise State all over the field, win by 20+. Who knows though...maybe we should consider those "impressive" Boise State wins over San Jose St. Fresno St. and Louisiana Tech....they could be tough.
I like your picks -- I think this is either a close OK win or a complete blowout. Oklahoma has yet to really blow anyone out this season. I took a look at the respective rosters though and I found that BSU has a real matchup problem in the secondary (much like Nebraska). Their tallest player in the secondary was 5'11." The rest were around 5'9." That said, Malcolm Kelly at 6'4" is going to have a big day. Peterson will also be back. I expect BSU to key on Oklahoma's run game (like Nebraska), yet due to Peterson being in the backfield, OU will still get 150-200 yards. Further, the WR corps will be wide open all day. My only worry is BSU's offense which has been pretty consistent all year. The last time BSU faced a real BCS team was Georgia last year. Needless to say BSU was drummed. This year, BSU has a stronger running game and will not have to look exclusively to their QB to pull it out. I still predict an Oklahoma win of course, but I don't know by how much.

Quote:
Orange Bowl: Battle of the "Who Cares?" Louisville probably destroys Wake Forest because they're.....Wake Forest.....who makes a BCS game because they won the almighty ACC, yet are barely in the Top 15 in the BCS.
Have to agree. Don't care. I think Louisville wins though. Wake's offense was really pretty bad against GT the other day. I'm not sure they can even score on Louisville.

Quote:
Sugar Bowl: LSU destroys Notre Dame because LSU is not Air Force/Navy/Army/Michigan State. Notre Dame loses by a a combined 46 points to GOOD teams......yet still makes a BCS because they won 9 games against crap. (oh wait, that "big" win over Penn State must have made up for it.)
Agree, and ND racks up its 15th straight bowl loss. The average ND player was seven years old the last time their team won a bowl game.

Quote:
Rose Bowl: I despise USC with a strong passion.....so i'm hoping Michigan deals with them handedly with a strong hateful prejudice. The fact that USC is in a BCS is a joke......oh wait......they play in the Pac 10....so its not. They are also at the forefront of ESPN's sexual fantasies, particularly those of Mark May and Kirk Herbstreet, so that helps. Only in the Pac 10 can you lose to two teams that would struggle in a Texas pee-wee football league and still come out on top. But hey, that "season changing" win over 7-5 (then #21) Oregon was something special.
I'm very anti-USC as well. I think USC drops this one as well. I really don't think they have an answer to Michigan's offense. Further, I think the NCAA comes in and slaps USC with some serious sanctions following the Jarrett/Bush incidents.

Quote:
National Championship: I really don't care who wins. If Ohio State wins....will anyone care? I'm not even sure if Jim Tressel would care. I'm sure his post game speech would go something like "Yay.Its Great.Thanks"...keep in mind that this is spoken with no facial expressions, no smiles, and is extremely monotone. Tressel also forbids his players from dousing him with a cooler full of Gatorade because he doesn't want to A.) Mess up his perfectly parted hair B.)Get Wet C.)Ruin a perfectly good red sweater and tie D.)Catch a cold.

If Florida wins.....all of the swamp trash will rejoice and ask each other what sport they were just watching and what state Ohio State is from....also, Urban Meyer will gloat and talk more shit about Michigan and will then call Kirk Herbstreet a nancy boy fag for disagreeing with Florida even playing in the game. Florida will have also been aided by Joakim Noah......who came to the game just to distract Ohio State.....and the entire stadium with his horrendously hideous looks.
I'm kind of ambivalent here as well. I think I can deal with Big 10 folks talking up their 2 team conference all year next year a little more easily than I can take SEC fans discussing their conference's superiority.

I really don't care though... I like Urban Meyer though. He's a good coach.

Quote:
In other news.....we are going to the Alamo Bowl against Iowa.....truly an embarassment, I want to throw up. The only other worthwhile game is the Cotton....
FWIW, you should have an easy bowl victory here. Iowa shouldn't have been rewarded with a game after this season. Maybe this is their punishment -- facing a Texas team which needs to save its season with a bowl win?
Old 12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
I haven't seen what the Florida coach has said about Michigan, I've just heard that shit was being talked. Wow. What a petty, sore competitor. How do men who are supposed to be influencing younger men act like children?

On January 8th, I will be wearing red. This will be the ONLY time I cheer for OSU.

KLTC
Old 12-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

I really can't fault Meyer for trying to prop up his own team even if it's at Michigan's expense.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Why did Michigan even want to play OSU again? They got spanked last time. If I were them, I'm not so sure I'd be saying 'Thank you, sir. May I have another?'.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie View Post
Why did Michigan even want to play OSU again? They got spanked last time. If I were them, I'm not so sure I'd be saying 'Thank you, sir. May I have another?'.
Losing by 3.....in Columbus......to the #1 team in the country = getting spanked?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Losing by 3.....in Columbus......to the #1 team in the country = getting spanked?
I certainly wouldn't call it a spanking. In many ways Ohio State might be better off not having to play Michigan again.

I think the Buckeyes would win again -- but I wouldn't put money on it.

I also think they'll be national champions. But then I've been impressed with Ohio State all year.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Spanked. I was totally unimpressed by Michigan in that game.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to docetboy Send a message via Yahoo to docetboy
The scoreboard indicated a 3 point game, but it wasn't. I agree with Spanked. Michigan never had the lead.

Texas lost to KSU by only 3 points, but anyone who saw the game would agree that was a spanking, also.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Brother, I agree with you.
And just for the record: Michigan leads the overall series 57-40-6 and the conference series 45-40-4.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michiga..._State_rivalry
The only rivalry, that I know of off the top of my head, that is closer is Boston VS New York. IIRC, over past four years or so, they are just about even.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post
I haven't seen what the Florida coach has said about Michigan, I've just heard that shit was being talked. Wow. What a petty, sore competitor. How do men who are supposed to be influencing younger men act like children?

On January 8th, I will be wearing red. This will be the ONLY time I cheer for OSU.
You just said that you don't know what Urban Meyer said about Michigan. He did say that the best team got to the BCS, which wasn't his opinion alone. Of course, there's a certain level of hotdogging to be expected at this level. Nothing I've heard from any of the three teams tonight could be considered "shit talking." But maybe I'm jaded--after all, Meyer has nothing on Steve Spurrier, king bullshitter of all North Florida redneck bullshitters.