GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,546
1 members and 1,545 guests
*winter*

Old 03-23-2007, 05:52 AM
GreekChat Member

When I first got divorced I did a lot of Yahoo and match.com dating and it became a joke. Every single guy, on the first date, had some big huge *something* he wanted to tell me up front.. a bankruptcy, a mental illness, a psycho ex who wouldn't leave them alone, an addiction, etc. It became freaky...lol. The reality of it all is 1) I don't have time to date because my kids are too busy and 2) I have become very comfortable with my independence and don't think I could give it up again. It was purely curiosity this time.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
When I first got divorced I did a lot of Yahoo and match.com dating and it became a joke. Every single guy, on the first date, had some big huge *something* he wanted to tell me up front.. a bankruptcy, a mental illness, a psycho ex who wouldn't leave them alone, an addiction, etc. It became freaky...lol. The reality of it all is 1) I don't have time to date because my kids are too busy and 2) I have become very comfortable with my independence and don't think I could give it up again. It was purely curiosity this time.
Internet guys are Teh Sketch...which is why I didn't meet my boyfriend through livejournal (lie).

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 03-23-2007, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've been telling people for years that the man I want doesn't exist and they always say "Oh, he's out there, you just haven't met him yet!". So, bombarded with eHarmony ads, I decided to complete the profile and see just who they would match me with on 29 dimensions during their 3 free month trial. I spent an hour filling out that dang profile and then clicked the button to see my matches and it came up saying something like "Nobody in our system matches you right now". So, I waited a few weeks and tried again.. same result. So, I believe I have proven my point..LOL. I'm really glad I didn't pay anything to those folks!
LOL i was signed up to 3 different internet dating sites. essentially i was paying about 75/month to have teh internets tell me that i was either "not compatible with anyone at the moment" or getting set up with people who were supposed to be my dream.

my response to most of the pics/profiles were "was this the best my money could buy? geez..."
Old 03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Well, if looks are on a continuum and average is at the 50% point, then half the population is below average in looks

It would make sense that a higher percentage of more attractive people are either taken, or could be taken if they chose, so dating web sites may be somewhat skewed towards less than average looking people . . . I dunno . . it would be a neat study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
LOL i was signed up to 3 different internet dating sites. essentially i was paying about 75/month to have teh internets tell me that i was either "not compatible with anyone at the moment" or getting set up with people who were supposed to be my dream.

my response to most of the pics/profiles were "was this the best my money could buy? geez..."
Old 03-23-2007, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Quote:
The internet dating sites are full of weirdos. Though I think there are a few nice, normal people there- they are just few and far between!
I have signed up (and un-signed up!) and the people are just strange-- what is with the confessing of the secrets!?!? One date was all about how the guy is in love with his exwife-- why waste my time?
Oh and there is the guy who like to camp- IN THE NUDE! and the guy who seemed normal, exchange numbers and texted me to ask if he could crash on my floor, apparently he is now homeless!! WTF? and the guy who sent a pic next to his rusty single wide trailer and truck, i said no thanks~ he told me i was a bitch and "deserved nothing more in life than a black man" again, WTF? and there are more stories like this.
I had been laughing at my coworkers weird stories, now i am seem to be living them!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I had such a fun date last night. Can't wait until Sunday night
Old 03-23-2007, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've been telling people for years that the man I want doesn't exist and they always say "Oh, he's out there, you just haven't met him yet!". So, bombarded with eHarmony ads, I decided to complete the profile and see just who they would match me with on 29 dimensions during their 3 free month trial. I spent an hour filling out that dang profile and then clicked the button to see my matches and it came up saying something like "Nobody in our system matches you right now".
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! I didn't even bother to try again.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Unregistered-

He has his kids all weekend.

Damn you, Spring Break.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I do have a whole host of what are now funny stories... There was the guy who was a truck driver who got a DUI and lost his license because of it. I think I posted here once about the guy who brought his kid on the date.. and the kid turned out to be a former patient from the adolescent psych unit I worked on, which wouldn't be awful in some cases (because some of them were great kids in bad situations), but in this case, the kid had incited the biggest riot on the unit that we'd ever had, including injuring several nurses and a security guard! The one that I thought was so perfect.. great looking attorney, very involved with his two kids who were Boy Scouts, took me to medical appointments, reviewed my closing docs when I bought my house, spoiled me with gifts, expensive restaurants and lots of attention.. til I found out he was engaged and I was one of at least 16 other women in his life.. yeah SIXTEEN. I stopped dating because I decided that, in your late 30's/early 40's, the good ones are still married to their first wives.

But too, I'm just too busy, too independent and too sick to deal with any of it. Case in point.. crashed on the couch at 6 pm (as soon as the kids left for their dad's), planning to indulge in nothing but TV tonight and then woke up at 1 am. So, I've had 7 hours of sleep and now I'm wide awake. How could I do that if someone else was here? How could I wake up from teh Crohn's at 3 am and stay up watching TV til 4 or 4:30? How could I even subject someone to teh Crohn's issues, the sick mom issues, the busy parenting. I just have no time or energy to give to anybody else these days. I fight for "me" time, there's no time for someone else.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Phew! So I'm not the only one who found the perfect guy who turned out to be engaged? Granted, mine didn't have the mighty 16, but (hopefully), at least you didn't find out about yours on Valentine's Day.

Last edited by christiangirl; 01-25-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

referencing the "friend zone" thread...

just saw boy on Wednesday nite - brought back all these feelings from before. i feel exactly the same as i do the first time i met him almost 3 years ago. but i am so in the friend zone its ridiculous. and i am even more nervous about being upfront with him because we actually have a friendship that i fully accept and appreciate.

would i appreciate a physical, romantic relationship better? theorically, hell yeah.

sigh.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Phew! So I'm not the only one who found the perfect guy who turned about to be engaged? Granted, mine didn't have the mighty 16, but (hopefully), at least you didn't find out about yours on Valentine's Day.
No, I found out on his birthday, right after I took him out to dinner and gave him a gift...
Old 03-25-2007, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, I found out on his birthday, right after I took him out to dinner and gave him a gift...
Mmmmm.....you win.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

that is bad about those dudes with fiances

in other news, i like the way she used my bicep to support herself

Dutch women are....pliable? is that the word? Yeah. Pliable.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post
that is bad about those dudes with fiances

in other news, i like the way she used my bicep to support herself

Dutch women are....pliable? is that the word? Yeah. Pliable.
You wouldn't happen to mean "flexible" would you? Which is a moderate variation of pliable, but just trying to help...