GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,541
2 members and 1,539 guests
nataliecavsoz41, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 07-19-2018, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Two young women walking toward our local exercise establishment; one had Gamma Phi Beta letters on her shirt. As they entered the door of the establishment I noticed a parked car near same door with a Chi Omega license plate frame and a Michigan State car sticker. Guess the motto of the exercise club that day was "Keeping Greeks Healthy over Summer Break".

ETA: Saw a different young woman with Gamma Phi Beta letters on her shirt today at the local coffee shop, and driving home from same observed a young woman out walking while wearing her Alpha Omicron Pi shirt. It's great to have students wearing their letters out in the community to remind soon-to-be returning students/future pnms that greek recruitment may be near!

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.

Last edited by Cheerio; 07-20-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm in my final online class for my Certificate in Nonprofit Management, and for my discussion question this week, I asked my classmates for ideas regarding AST's Founders Day of Giving, a one-day social media campaign to raise money for our national foundation. I received a response from one of my classmates saying "I wanted to share the website dedicated to my own sorority's Giving Day..." and provided ideas and suggestions.

She's a Pi Phi

@~/~~~~
Old 08-23-2018, 09:41 PM

My Uber driver this evening is an AKA. I discovered this when my husband went to fetch his bag out of the trunk of her car, and there was an AKA license plate frame.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

On this week's episode of "Beat Shazam" on Fox (sort of a modern day spin on Name That Tune), 2 of the contestants were bio-sisters, but also both sisters in Kappa Alpha Theta. They got to the the final round but did not win the million dollars.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

On a sign while I was recently driving a superhighway:

"ADOPT A HIGHWAY cleanup sponsored by UW-Madison Acacia Fraternity"

I googled the chapter and read of their winning multiple 2018 Acacia Fraternity Conclave awards including excellence in risk management, recruitment, academics, and campus leadership. They also proudly took home to Madison the award for Most Improved chapter and the Outstanding Chapter (Top Three Nationally) citation.

That's what I call letting your light shine...congratulations to their chapter!

{sidenote of possible interest to naraht: Acacia chapters took Hebrew names prior to 1914 (they are listed on wiki) and Wisconsin's is Lamedth which is the 12th letter of the Semitic abjads for their 12th chapter.}

Old 09-14-2018, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was at the Towson (Md) mall this weekend - saw a collegian with an Alpha O t shirt on. I said "hi AOII" but was pointedly ignored, lol!
Old 09-15-2018, 05:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Wowwww.

I never see anybody's letters around here, unless I'm toodling past the college campus down the street by my house. Occasionally I'll see a DG or Tridelt decal on a student's car.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I literally never see letters in my city and people are usually very surprised to find out that we even have sororities and fraternities in Canada. But today I saw a car with an Order of the Eastern Star bumper sticker!
Old 11-05-2018, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw a Delta Phi Epison at Wal-Mart yesterday in Morris Plains, NJ.

@~/~~~~
Old 11-06-2018, 10:46 AM

I was watching "The Rachel Divide" documentary on Netflix. Her oldest son (originally her brother) was wearing a Theta Chi shirt.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 11-23-2018, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Someone wasn't out shopping today...in library parking lot a discreet KKG magnet on the back of a car that also sported a Butler University license plate support.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I was in the D.C. Area this week and saw a license plate that said "DST" on the expressway. I couldn't get any closer to see what it said, so I looked it up when I got home and found this:

http://dcplates.com/Organizational.htm

D.C. Offers plates customized for certain Greek organization! The crest was on there, too, and a 4 or 5 digit number. How cool is that???
Old 12-14-2018, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
I was in the D.C. Area this week and saw a license plate that said "DST" on the expressway. I couldn't get any closer to see what it said, so I looked it up when I got home and found this:

http://dcplates.com/Organizational.htm

D.C. Offers plates customized for certain Greek organization! The crest was on there, too, and a 4 or 5 digit number. How cool is that???
Virginia offers a few Greek plates as well. I know I've seen Alpha Kappa Alpha license plates during my times sitting in traffic.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I just watched a recent episode of '60 Minutes' which featured Ryan Speedo Green and his journey from troubled youth to successful opera singer. In one photo shown, he was wearing a Phi Delta Theta sweatshirt.

The story (with the full segment video): https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ryan-sp...om-60-minutes/

@~/~~~~
Old 12-15-2018, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

License plate holder proclaiming:

"Sigma Gamma Rho LIFE MEMBER".

(loving the LIFE MEMBER attitude!)