GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,497
0 members and 1,497 guests
No Members online

Old 12-19-2002, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

There's an old homeless man that wanders my campus, sometimes doing odd jobs - and he always wears this really old purple TEP hat. It cracks me up...

but I don't have the heart to tell any of my TEP friends about it!
Old 12-19-2002, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TKErd345
weird place huh? how about a hole in the wall restaurant that i like because they let me put garlic on the pizza... went there with a couple of bros one night, and I was wearing letters, and this old 80+ year old guy just shouts at me from across the room... "evening frater".. turns out he was a teke at an oklahoma univ. in the 50s... then going to Hooters and seeing its founder (Edward Droste) pose with all the girls in his letters was actually hella cool.... they had a big probably 2' x 6' panoramic picture and his letters were bad ass... but i think one place where i SHOULD've seen my letters, but didn't, was at Greek Week 2001, when Sigma Chi had Elvis (yeah.. that Elvis.. you know.. the King, etc etc) in their skit and put their letters on him... i was on the verge of doing some nasty stuff, but in the end, i had to realize that if i did anything, we'd automatically be disqualified... either way, we all still shouted "Elvis was a teke" at the end of their skit... other weird places... how bout Vegas? go to have dinner with my parents, and can't have my dad stop complaining about me wearing letters (i really like to wear letters), and then having the manager of the restaurant come up to me and shake my hand, then letting my father know that dinner was on the house... didn't really change his perspective on fraternities, but at least he stopped complaining for a few days either way, i'm out cause it's close to 10pm, too many stories i told, and i got work at 5am... nite everyone!

Fraternally yours, Dragos
Old 12-19-2002, 05:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
I'm from a small podunk town and had never really seen people at home wearing letters. I went home at Thanksgiving this year and saw a handful of people at the theater wearing letters.

Oh yea, when I was in Tennessee last summer I had some random lady come up to me and say she was an AOII too! It's kind of cool to be across the country and have a sister walk up to you while you're in letters to say hi and everything.
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 12-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Ballerina and her roommate were driving through Atlanta and the roommate said, "Look, the car behind us has a Chi O license plate." They pulled up next to the car and Ballerina was doing XO motions out the window and the 2 girls in the other car's front seat did a couple, then pointed to an elderly lady in the back and she was making Chi and Omega with her fingers too! And yelling, "Woooweee! Go Chi O!"
Old 12-21-2002, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
About a year or two ago I got my husband tickets to a Weird Al concert at the Star Plaza Theatre in Merrilville-- about 30 mins from Valparaiso. I was surprised to run into a few collegians from my chapter, wearing their letters! Didn't expect any of them to be there. -grin- It was great, because we immediately struck up a conversation.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
Last Spring all the architect majors in my chapter went to New York for a field trip and as they were walking down a street, low and behold they saw our letters in the pavement. I have a pic if anyone is interested in seeing it.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
I was at Universal today, walking through Citywalk with my sister, and I saw a guy in a Beta Theta Pi t-shirt. Incidentally, I was in letters too!
Old 12-21-2002, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Yesterday at work, a chick came in and paid for her purchase with a credit card that had a crown on it. I looked closer and, sure enough, it was a Zeta card. Cool!
Old 12-22-2002, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaXiAsh
someone said about never seeing letters in the bay area...thats very true, I'm from the bay area and I'm home for a break. I went to the movies the other night and there was a girl wearing an AXO sweatshirt...I got excited because I thats the first time I've seen anyone wearing letters in all of my 18 years living here...
Hey! I'm an AXO who goes home to the bay area over break too! Whenever I go home I wear my letters everywhere because people will always come up to me and say "hi! i'm an alpha chi from..." it's great! You may have even seen me or someone I know at the movies in AXO letters!!!

-Lauren
Doing it all for the love of the lyre!
Old 12-22-2002, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I was watching "Change of Heart" and datecam followed the girlfriend and
her date back to her apartment and hanging on her wall was her paddle with
our letters! I thought it was a big shot out to us.

Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
Blue & Gold Love-1922
Old 12-22-2002, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i was talking to my boss yesterday and somehow we found out that we both went/go to the same school. we talked a little bit longer and realized we are both members of Phi Mu! It was the coolest coincidence ever, and today she brought in pictures of older members of my "phamily"!
Old 12-22-2002, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I was at work a couple of days ago and saw a girl walk in phi mu letters. Turns out she's a phi mu at Baldwin Wallace. I thought that was kinda cool.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 12-31-2002, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I was in New Orleans over the holidays (lots of fleur-de-lis there!!!) and saw a Louisiana license tag with the letter combination "KKG." I also saw "KAT" for any Thetas out there!
Old 01-01-2003, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

I had forgotten about this...

I go to a soccer boosters convention every year, and there's usually at least 2-3 theme parties during the weekend. One was "Spring Break" and six of us wore our letters - each not realizing that the others were doing so! Represented were Beta Theta Pi, Alpha Tau Omega, Delta Tau Delta, Alpha Phi, and 2 Alpha Delta Pi's!

honeychile